You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

My Review of Carnival Weekend Event

47 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

I must give credit where credit is due. @Femennenly has done far better job this event than the last few events, the Mask players are so far well represented in most of my battles this evening  They are playing skillfully instead of the suicidal charges, they are decked out with event flags and event Camo. They have no longer been sinking other event players. And overall the event feels better, may have to consider volunteering again if they are finally getting the feel of Corgi events again. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Corrected spelling error
  • Cool 16
  • Meh 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles

I'm glad you're enjoying the event this time around! We'll have a feedback thread a little later into the event so please leave us any feedback you have next time around.

So far from our 300 maskarados, over 200 of them have already played a game. 

• Cool 7

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

I'm glad you're enjoying the event this time around! We'll have a feedback thread a little later into the event so please leave us any feedback you have next time around.

So far from our 300 maskarados, over 200 of them have already played a game. 

Of course I will be delighted to give feedback there as well. :Smile_smile:

[-VT-]
Members
709 posts
32,872 battles

Throw a game?

Oh hell no.

These boys have to work for their rewards.  No participation trophies here!

shot-19.03.08_22.06.53-0265.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[JASH]
Members
22 posts
7,486 battles

I have participated in by that I mean trying in vain to sink those pesky event captains. Tonight, first ever event sinking :) Sunk a Conq in my Kutuzov! GG @Femennenly

[NDA]
Supertester, Beta Testers
1,015 posts
9,765 battles

I'm so glad to see this review. I know myself I do my best to get the team win and play as it was my live account. 

I have no problem making sure someone gets a reward, but with me your going to have to earn it.

Sail on captains, stay dry and have fun

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,655 posts

I just saw two but they were on my team. I said "If two Maskarado's are on the same team we can TK one, right?" but for some reason they were adverse to the suggestion. 

• Funny 1

Members
220 posts
6,578 battles
32 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I just saw two but they were on my team. I said "If two Maskarado's are on the same team we can TK one, right?" but for some reason they were adverse to the suggestion. 

I think that was the game I was in ;) mask 83 and 202 in it?

But agreed with the OP, this event has gone off without a hitch this time and is way better than the last time. 

So a massive grats to @FemennenIy and other staff/helpers that have made it a successful start and hope it carries on till the end like this

Edited by Feclez
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
18 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Throw a game?

Oh hell no.

These boys have to work for their rewards.  No participation trophies here!

shot-19.03.08_22.06.53-0265.jpg

Lol that’s exactly how I acted as a Corgi, you want a Corgi flag and rewards? Well you will have to earn them! Lol typically enemy players had to sail over their sinking comrades if they wanted to get me. And that was with me fighting on front or mid lines of the battle. Only the players that earned it got the rewards.

[-TDH-]
Members
50 posts
9,752 battles

Ive managed to kill the 2 that ended up on the enemy team tonight. Bagged myself #4, who i assume is a wg employee or a cc, though excuse my ignorance, i havent heard of them.

When i participated in the pirates and turkey events, many players thought we were just trolling. They didnt believe they would receive any reward (though plenty of teammates offered a tk). I think the more or less instant reward is a great step in the right direction!

That said, while i recieved the rest of my rewards(camos, dubs and signals) as soon as the battle was over, i didnt recieve a flag. Is it coming later on, like the turkey flag? Is it a new flag or one i might already have, thus i didnt get one since i have it already? I collect the flags and it is the reward i am most interested in.

Thank you frem and the team for organizing, and the players for adding a little spice into the game tonight. It is appreciated!

Members
220 posts
6,578 battles
5 hours ago, Endo_Mofo said:

Ive managed to kill the 2 that ended up on the enemy team tonight. Bagged myself #4, who i assume is a wg employee or a cc, though excuse my ignorance, i havent heard of them.

When i participated in the pirates and turkey events, many players thought we were just trolling. They didnt believe they would receive any reward (though plenty of teammates offered a tk). I think the more or less instant reward is a great step in the right direction!

That said, while i recieved the rest of my rewards(camos, dubs and signals) as soon as the battle was over, i didnt recieve a flag. Is it coming later on, like the turkey flag? Is it a new flag or one i might already have, thus i didnt get one since i have it already? I collect the flags and it is the reward i am most interested in.

Thank you frem and the team for organizing, and the players for adding a little spice into the game tonight. It is appreciated!

Flag should be arriving with update 8.2 

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,743 posts
5,511 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol that’s exactly how I acted as a Corgi, you want a Corgi flag and rewards? Well you will have to earn them! Lol typically enemy players had to sail over their sinking comrades if they wanted to get me. And that was with me fighting on front or mid lines of the battle. Only the players that earned it got the rewards.

Yup! Mask 116 aint gurna make this easy peeps!

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles
21 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

I sink one and have no idea what is the prize.

Each Maskarado sunk gets you the following:

1x of the following camo: 

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig
  • Sirocco
  • Tokyo Game Show
  • FTW
  • Brilliant Ray

10x of the following signal flags:

• Papa Papa
  • Zulu Hotel
  • Zulu
  • Equal Speed Charlie London
  • India Bravo Terrathree

1x Clash at Carnival event flag

Hunters will get their prizes automatically after each battle (except for the Clash of Carnival flag).
(Note: Flag will be prized out after Update 0.8.2)

• Cool 1

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
39 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

1x of the following camo: 

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig
  • Sirocco
  • Tokyo Game Show
  • FTW
  • Brilliant Ray

10x of the following signal flags:

• Papa Papa
  • Zulu Hotel
  • Zulu
  • Equal Speed Charlie London
  • India Bravo Terrathree

1x Clash at Carnival event flag

Hunters will get their prizes automatically after each battle (except for the Clash of Carnival flag).
(Note: Flag will be prized out after Update 0.8.2)

oh ok i see them. thank you.

However i want to say two thing about this event. I don't like the idea behind this event. The idea that you have to kill a specific player in the enemy team to get their rewards is making all the noobs in the enemy team playing like morons and go full [edited]. So in fact you are ruining the games for the players that  play to win in the enemy team. The other team that have the Maskarado on their team was also not having fun in the event.

So i want to add a possible solution to this. The Maskarado will pick one random player from the 23 available players in game. Only he will know who is the player. It can be anyone except the Maskarado. The player who killed that mysterious target will get a info by Maskarado telling that he won the prize.

I hope you understand my poor english, is not my native language.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Beta Testers
19,013 posts
6,482 battles
5 hours ago, Femennenly said:

100? 

a 100?

Does this mean I pass?

For+some+reason+looking+at+the+flying+di

Alright I'm done. Back to Amagi.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,625 posts
8,610 battles
25 minutes ago, StrixKitty said:

100? 

a 100?

Does this mean I pass?

For+some+reason+looking+at+the+flying+di

Alright I'm done. Back to Amagi.

100 simoleons.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,795 posts
4,631 battles
20 hours ago, Reymu said:

My only complaint is not being chosen.

Me too.  This is the fourth (fifth?) time I've not been chosen.  Is it my breath?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,655 posts
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Me too.  This is the fourth (fifth?) time I've not been chosen.  Is it my breath?

When I was a kid, I used to hunt ducks at the sewer, just saying.:Smile_veryhappy:

I'd really like to be in one of these events again too. I really had fun as a Corgi. I'm pretty sure the selection is random though.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles

Got the first one I saw today, he was in a Pensacola, and he lasted right til the end. I was kiting half the enemy team in my Normandie, I actually ended up duelling and killing a Tirp B at 6km lol. The Pensa had a bit over 12K HP left, I was down to triple digit HP, I was going to shoot at a 100HP Kidd, but he went dark, so I took my last shot at the Mask, who was well angled towards me. 

Luck was with me, and I got the kill ribbon an instant before I took a hit and the game ended.

But yeah, saw a couple in other matches too, and they're playing to win, they aren't giving out freebies.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
36 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

100 simoleons.

Wrong game, Mayor DeFacto.....:Smile_veryhappy: