Jump to content
Kami

Upcoming Military Movies

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,888
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles

Captains,

Are there any military movies that you are looking forward to?

I for one am looking forward to Greyhound and Midway (quite wary because the original is one of my favorite movies).

Are there any lesser known war movies that have came out recently that were good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[WOLF7]
Members
236 posts
6,552 battles

There is one not related to warships but to tanks. It is a russian movie called T-34, seems very nice. I just cant find it with english subtitles yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles

There is talk about them making a movie about the kamikaze attack on the USS Laffey. Maybe even making it real time.

Found the video.

 

Edited by Shigure_DD
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,952
[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

Captains,

Are there any military movies that you are looking forward to?

I for one am looking forward to Greyhound and Midway (quite wary because the original is one of my favorite movies).

Are there any lesser known war movies that have came out recently that were good?

Please God I hope they keep the riff-raff responsible for Pearl Harbor away from Midway. (Woody Harrelson as Nimitz??? Though having specific roles for McKlusky and Yamaguchi sounds promising.)

(edit)

Also; let us hope the producers SPEND SOME FREAKING MONEY ON CGI! Not stupid cheap video cut and paste!

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

Band of Brother 3: Airplanes and crazy CGI should be back in production.  I really hope they finish it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,900
Alpha Tester
6,439 posts
3,249 battles

Midway is going to be awful for one simple reason: The guy who's directing it also gave us The Day After TomorrowStargate, Independence Day 1 and 2, the 1998 version of Godzilla, The Patriot, 10,000 BC, 2012, and White House Down. Roland Emmerich's career has basically been terrible movie after terrible movie, and I see no reason to believe this time around will be any different.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,087 posts
564 battles
38 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Midway is going to be awful for one simple reason: The guy who's directing it also gave us The Day After TomorrowStargate, Independence Day 1 and 2, the 1998 version of Godzilla, The Patriot, 10,000 BC, 2012, and White House Down. Roland Emmerich's career has basically been terrible movie after terrible movie, and I see no reason to believe this time around will be any different.

I will likely watch TITANIC finally before I EVER watch a remake of Midway... hands down one of THE BEST, if not THE BEST military movies of all time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,103
[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
3 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Midway is going to be awful for one simple reason: The guy who's directing it also gave us The Day After TomorrowStargate, Independence Day 1 and 2, the 1998 version of Godzilla, The Patriot, 10,000 BC, 2012, and White House Down. Roland Emmerich's career has basically been terrible movie after terrible movie, and I see no reason to believe this time around will be any different.

He is good. Independence 1 was great. Patorit was ok. Stargate of the best movies of all time the music was amazing. Then there is Godzilla.....no excuses there!

The real reason it will suck is its America the hero and we cant have that. 

I have no faith in Hollywood to do anything right so here is me missing the movie and waching Charge on Heston crash again! And listing to another Amazing John Williams sound track!!!

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
350
[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles

Not a movie per se but I’m really looking forward to hanks and Spielberg getting together and making the mighty eighth which is a continuation of sorts of band of brothers and the pacific. Haven’t heard much about it lately and I really hope it’s still going to be reality it’s a mini series I’d love to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
350
[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles
6 hours ago, galspanic said:

Band of Brother 3: Airplanes and crazy CGI should be back in production.  I really hope they finish it.

Called the mighty eighth and to call it band of brothers 3 is a little...err... incorrect. You have band of brothers, the pacific and hopefully (if they ever follow through, the mighty eighth and I’d honestly love them to do a mini series about the enterprise, call it the gray ghost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,098
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,890 battles

"Overlord" will be out on stream soonish... 

101st Airborn vs. Nazi zombies, if this didn't sound like a documentary style movie :Smile_trollface:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,098
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,890 battles
9 hours ago, iKami said:

Captains,

Are there any military movies that you are looking forward to?

I for one am looking forward to Greyhound and Midway (quite wary because the original is one of my favorite movies).

Are there any lesser known war movies that have came out recently that were good?

Look at the DD picture at the casting page 

I'm not Kidd-ing

https://www.auditionsfree.com/2018/casting-call-in-louisiana-for-tom-hanks-wwii-movie-greyhound/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

Hulu production Catch 22 is coming out soon,,not your regular war movie for sure, still ,looks promising, they used few of the remaining B-25s and C-47s for filming (blended with CGI) ,,, The book itself is a masterpiece... a crazy one..just like war itself.

 

Edited by VonSmallHausenn
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
8 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Midway is going to be awful for one simple reason: The guy who's directing it also gave us The Day After TomorrowStargate, Independence Day 1 and 2, the 1998 version of Godzilla, The Patriot, 10,000 BC, 2012, and White House Down. Roland Emmerich's career has basically been terrible movie after terrible movie, and I see no reason to believe this time around will be any different.

kindly disagree with you right there. Some of those movies are not bad for what they are., and for their time represents cutting edge visuals too. Stargate ? ID1 ? Godzilla ? I Mean,for purely fantasy movies, they are not bad at all....Than again, i`m one of those who actually likes to watch Pearl Harbour, with all the inaccuracy , and periodic bad acting, it still has  great entertainment value with excellent visuals .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
3 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

Hulu production Catch 22 is coming out soon,,not your regular war movie for sure, still ,looks promising, they used few of the remaining B-25s and C-47s for filming (blended with CGI) ,,, The book itself is a masterpiece... a crazy one..just like war itself.

 

the story is a great classic, for those that haven't read Heller's novel, this may be a good way to discover it. One of the few movies I'll set time aside for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,653 battles

Nothing new i care for, but i did finally order a copy of The Admiral.  Im looking forward to watching that when i get home next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,653 battles
1 minute ago, Shigure_DD said:

 

Is this the film about the Izumo class aircraft carrier?  The one adopted from the manga?  Cant recall the name...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles
2 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Is this the film about the Izumo class aircraft carrier?  The one adopted from the manga?  Cant recall the name...

yup

Kūbo Ibuki

In the manga's story, the state of world affairs is changing at a dizzying pace. This is particularly clear in the growing military strength of countries neighboring Japan, the issue of resources on the sea floor, disaster relief, underwater transport, maintaining order on the high seas, and island defense. In response to a near-skirmish with China near the disputed Senkaku Islands, Japan builds the Ibuki aircraft carrier.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,653 battles
21 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

yup

Kūbo Ibuki

In the manga's story, the state of world affairs is changing at a dizzying pace. This is particularly clear in the growing military strength of countries neighboring Japan, the issue of resources on the sea floor, disaster relief, underwater transport, maintaining order on the high seas, and island defense. In response to a near-skirmish with China near the disputed Senkaku Islands, Japan builds the Ibuki aircraft carrier.

Awesome.  I remembered reading about the movie but wasnt sure when it came out.  Ill have to keep my eyes open.  It looks pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,900
Alpha Tester
6,439 posts
3,249 battles
13 hours ago, jags_domain said:

He is good. Independence 1 was great. Patorit was ok. Stargate of the best movies of all time the music was amazing. Then there is Godzilla.....no excuses there!

The real reason it will suck is its America the hero and we cant have that. 

I have no faith in Hollywood to do anything right so here is me missing the movie and waching Charge on Heston crash again! And listing to another Amazing John Williams sound track!!!

 

8 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

kindly disagree with you right there. Some of those movies are not bad for what they are., and for their time represents cutting edge visuals too. Stargate ? ID1 ? Godzilla ? I Mean,for purely fantasy movies, they are not bad at all....Than again, i`m one of those who actually likes to watch Pearl Harbour, with all the inaccuracy , and periodic bad acting, it still has  great entertainment value with excellent visuals .... 

 

Visuals and John Williams do not make up for the fact that all of these movies featured wooden acting, uninspired writing, and ridiculous plots. Independence Day 1 is admittedly passably fun and mindless at times, but it's still a bad summer blockbuster, in particular considering how a lot of the summer blockbusters of the past decade have been really good, e.g. the Marvel movies. The Patriot is a pile of historically inaccurate trash that features a man I despise as a human being in the lead role, and the Stargate movie is just plain irredeemably bad; The good things to come from it were two of my favourite sci-fi TV shows ever, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,103
[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
5 hours ago, LoveBote said:

the story is a great classic, for those that haven't read Heller's novel, this may be a good way to discover it. One of the few movies I'll set time aside for this year.

Whats this movie about?

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
27 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Whats this movie about?

catch 22 is the story of an American b25 pilot who, terrified of being sent on yet another mission with an ever decreasing chance of making it back alive, tries to quit and get sent home, for reasons of insanity. But there is catch, only the medically insane are qualified to fly b25s..

it is a story of the insanity of war, and why only the mad wage war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×