Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JohnMLZ

Quick question about Steam

7 comments in this topic

[SNFLK]
Members
9 posts
4,654 battles

I'm coming back to WoWs and before i uninstalled i had the old launcher(not the WG launcher) if i instal the game through Steam can i login with my WG account or will use my Steam account?

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
32 minutes ago, JohnMLZ said:

I'm coming back to WoWs and before i uninstalled i had the old launcher(not the WG launcher) if i instal the game through Steam can i login with my WG account or will use my Steam account?

You will login with your steam account if you install the game through Steam. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,260 posts
1 hour ago, JohnMLZ said:

There is a workaround but you won't have steam achievements or be able to use the steam wallet in game. If that doesnt matter to you, here's how to do it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1200479870

Edited by RipNuN2

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
2 hours ago, JohnMLZ said:

You can.

1. open steam

2. right+click on wows and select "properties"

3. go to the Local Files tab

4. click "Browse Local Files"

5. RENAME the file steam_api.dll to something else... steam_api_bananas.dll... whatever

6. you can now log in with your normal WG account.

You might have to do this process again after a big update or something.  What you lose, though, is the ability to use your steam wallet, since you aren't playing WOWS with the steam account; but instead your actual WG account just through the steam launcher.  What you GAIN though is a much better update process, and ability to repair corrupt files.

EDIT:  The only reason this is how I play is that I had many MANY MANY issues with the WG launcher.  It would update and corrupt my game files.  I'd have missing textures.  I'd have RED skies with the words "TESTING" in the sky... none of that went away until I installed THROUGH steam, but used my WG account instead of Steam.  I don't care about the steam wallet or achievements in steam one bit.

Edited by turdjelly
  • Cool 1

[SNFLK]
Members
9 posts
4,654 battles
5 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

There is a workaround but you won't have steam achievements or be able to use the steam wallet in game. If that doesnt matter to you, here's how to do it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1200479870

Meh, looks like i gonna stay with the old launcher, thanks anyway

4 hours ago, turdjelly said:

You can.

1. open steam

2. right+click on wows and select "properties"

3. go to the Local Files tab

4. click "Browse Local Files"

5. RENAME the file steam_api.dll to something else... steam_api_bananas.dll... whatever

6. you can now log in with your normal WG account.

You might have to do this process again after a big update or something.  What you lose, though, is the ability to use your steam wallet, since you aren't playing WOWS with the steam account; but instead your actual WG account just through the steam launcher.  What you GAIN though is a much better update process, and ability to repair corrupt files.

EDIT:  The only reason this is how I play is that I had many MANY MANY issues with the WG launcher.  It would update and corrupt my game files.  I'd have missing textures.  I'd have RED skies with the words "TESTING" in the sky... none of that went away until I installed THROUGH steam, but used my WG account instead of Steam.  I don't care about the steam wallet or achievements in steam one bit.

Thanks i gonna keep the old launcher, btw your talking about the WG launcher that they sponsor right? If you want I can send you the old standalone launcher installer

*NA server but you probably can use a mod or something to get access to other servers

Edited by JohnMLZ

Sign in to follow this