Glamorboy

Advice on Conq

6 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
15 posts
2,066 battles

Hi folks,

Just starting playing my Conqueror, and it is fun.  

I was thinking of changing my Captain skills around a little.  I am going to drop Superintendent as it seems like I have tons of repair available when I run the premium version + signal for +20%.  Instead I thought BoS?  I am also running PM, EM, AR, Vigilance, Fire Prevention and Concealment.  Looking for input!

My second question for the community is regarding modules.  

Slot 4: I'm torn between Damage Control System Mod2 or Steering Gears Mod 2.  I just find the turning is so sluggish.  

Slot 5: I'm not there yet, but I'm thinking of taking the legendary upgrade.  The steering upgrade is huge and the turret traverse is a nice offset to my slot 6.

Thoughts?

Thanks

[O7]
Members
844 posts
13,822 battles

Captain should be full tank and conceal if you have 19 points. Aka Taking AR, BOS, FP, CE, SI

Members
1,924 posts
2,731 battles

My go to BB build skips out on Vigilance... torps can be largley mitigated by good situational awareness, and even if they hit you, your likley not up close, so your only eat 1 or 2. And with reduced flooding dmg, I don't even consider vigilance in most my builds. If its DWTs your screwed anyhow. Superintendent is crucial. You may not always use that 3rd (?) heal. But especially in conq, that could be the difference of a 10% HP vonq vs a 40% hp conq. In the late game that's huge.

I almost always take damage con 2 for BBs. Steering gears arent meant to be crazy fast on BBs, and your not up close enough for it to be an issue. Compare that with an extra 10-15 seconds for EACH fire... it seems like a no brainer. However, I'm sure you know 100% of fire damage is healable, and with conqs super heal, steering gears might be a viable option. If you want to tank max dmg, take DC2. If you wanna farm the dreadnought and be more agile, steering gears.

Legendary mod is a toss up. Its concealment vs manuverability. I would say it's perfectly even trade, but if you do choose the legendary module, be sure to stack it by taking the steering gears upgrade from above as well. Max rudder shift with slightly weaker traverse and a bit less concealment does sound interesting. 

Now that you mention it, I kinda wanna try that on my conq:Smile-_tongue:

Edited by _1204_

[RKLES]
Members
8,739 posts
10,828 battles

Conqueror Armor while having it, does at the same time feel on the soft side. So Superintendent is a must if you are wishing no to survive as long as possible. I run into that same issue with my Nagato and Missouri with having to feed them a steady supply of HP heals throughout the battle, and often if I run out then I am doomed if the battle is still hot enough for me to still require more HP.

And even my German BBs with that good armor still carry 5 heals because it allows them to tank damage a lot longer. Now only reason I might be running a Battleship captain without SI, is because I still have relatively low point captain and may have needed other skills first that keep me alive long enough to use my heals. But in those situations I often miss not having SI until I manage to obtain that skill.

[HINON]
Members
10,337 posts

Bear in mind that conq may be getting her citadel raised which may add greater utility to another heal with SI.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,129 posts
16,481 battles

Stealth - Survival Build is the way to go for Conqueror.  As @RipNuN2 said, Conq's citadel is getting raised, so that Repair Party is getting more valuable.  Source on the citadel raise for Monarch & Conqueror.

I actually very rarely use Stealth - Survival Builds with my BBs, but Conqueror is one of the few I do so.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this