You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Are the DD Mains' Whining Days Now Over?

134 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts

Nothing will stop DD mains from whining. They will just focus their efforts on getting a new thing that threatens them nerfed.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 13

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles

Try playing a FUBUKI in a CV heavy game OR non-CV game. Then come back to me about your thoughts.

I am against torps ships/CV getting the nerf bat for 4 straight patch in a row.

So again a few good games in a DD doesn't reflect he struggle of others.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Are you "DD Main," still sulking and not playing your "little darlings" because you are afraid of the evil reworked CV? If so, then you should know that CVs have been nerfed so much as to make your small ships nearly impervious to plane attack if they are played properly. All you have to know is what "P," "T," and "Y" do and what "WASD" is for.

In a game earlier today the enemy routed my team and I find myself being hunted by a Gearing and a Haragumo. There was absolutely nothing I could do in my Midway to stop their pursuit. If I could even get close enough to them to attack, which was difficult as both had excellent AA and would usually decimate a squadron before I even spotted them, all they had to so was turn slightly and my rockets, torpedoes, and dive bombs would miss. They were literally laughing at my helplessness as they sank my ship.

Then I played my Gearing and turned the tables. "Well, hello, Mr. Midway, are you looking for me? Good luck as I have pressed "P" and my detection radius is a mere  2.6 km now. I'm almost literally "in smoke" where a CV is concerned. In fact, I think I'll just go cap while you fly all around the cap looking for me. Oh, I see that Mr Shokaku has joined you and has actually stumbled onto me. Why don't I just pop smoke and press "Y." Bye bye Shokaku's planes, and bye bye Midway's too as I see you have run off. Why don't I just do a bit of torping now then go spotting for my team."

"Oh, I see that Mr Midway is back with his planes. Can you find me? Look, I'm torping the Edinburgh. Look, I'm torping the Minotaur. Look, I'm torping the Yamato. Look, I'm shooting the Gearing but he can't see me as he is in his smoke while radared. Still can't find me? Oh, yes, you have been so nerfed that you can no longer spot torps for your teammates or follow their trails back to my ship. That's quite too bad as I'm sure that they would have appreciated knowing where I was."

"Well, I see Mr. Edinburgh is still alive. I'll just have to shoot at him a bit. Think you can hit me now that you see me CV? I'll just wiggle a bit and we will see. Apparently not, as your rocket setup has been so nerfed that you have to go far beyond me to begin an attack and by the time the reticle turns green I'm far off to the side. Trying to center that ever-expanding reticle on me. Got it centered now? That's fine. Good luck hitting me with that 50 meter dispersion. Can't, I thought not, well bye bye, hope you find easier targets elsewhere."

image.thumb.png.095398fd972d1db43ac5a37d8564697e.png

Now here, Mr. Lexington actually got me. However it was only because three cruisers were pounding me and he cheekily ran in and stole the kill. It was OK, because they soon fell to my teammates, and did he -- to my team's other DD.

image.thumb.png.9afb45d418b649db345b85dd43ad12b6.png

DDs are so much fun to play since the rework.

Warships stats by type (PR)  
Destroyer 
Next level: Average (+67)
1 033 
Below Average
2 081 
Great
+ 1 2 365 
Unicum
+ 4 2 104 
Unicum
+ 9

Warships stats by type (Win rate)  
Destroyer 
Next level: Average (+1.2%)
47.82% 
Below Average
50% 
Average
- 85.71% 
Super Unicum
+ 0.11% 68.42% 
Super Unicum
+ 0.16%

I've only lost a couple of games recently in a DD. I had a really hard time with DDs under the old RTS system, what with with being constantly spotted by CVs. Under the new system, however, a DD can really shine with its increased stealth and buffed AA capabilities.

They want Happy Time TM to come back. Now that CVs are nerf'd properly, back to the RADAR cruisers and cruisers in general. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles

Asking the DD Mafia to stop crying is like trying to stop the Unstoppable Force.

Their goalpost is attached to a drag racer with unlimited fuel.

I have pretty much that whole crew blocked and the forums are so much better.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 7

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

If you're truly trying to help other players, might I suggest not insulting them from the thread title on?

Playing  a DD, playing one well, isn't easy in any environment, doing it consistently is even more difficult. A few good games here and there doesn't change the fact that DD's are now, were before, and will continue to be, the most difficult class to positively affect the match with for most players, and that's because if you mess up, you simply don't have the HP to survive the mistake most of the time. More, most players will always have trouble getting good damage overall in DDs because of said mistakes, and all the ways torpedoes can be mitigated.

A couple of decent games doesn't remotely tell the real story.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 6

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles

I mean playing a few Clemson games for old time sake and you get nothing but CV strikes every 2 minutes. Sure they didn't do a whole lot of damage if they hit at all but I'd rather be playing World of Warships rather than world of dodge the deadly rockets that take 20% of your health if they hit and repeating that every 2 minutes. I mean I get that some good CV players could dev strike a dd back in the day with ease but the seemingly endless waves of planes gets tiring. At least before the patch, fighters could scare away entire strike packages for a time but since, the most effective tool for protecting your team is nerf'ed into the dirt.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

Members
489 posts

And with the massively overpowered overlap AA while pretty much all players are going around in small groups making them all but invulnerable to CVs, CVs only get to spend half the match attacking.  

Maybe they can change the MM to have a carrier join a battle that’s half over so you have a chance finding ships that aren’t within 6km of allies.  This “pass out from boredom watching everyone else get to play the group vs group combat for about 10 minutes” is a joke.  The devs not even trying to fix it in two updates now is an even bigger joke.  

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles
1 minute ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

And with the massively overpowered overlap AA while pretty much all players are going around in small groups making them all but invulnerable to CVs, CVs only get to spend half the match attacking.  

Maybe they can change the MM to have a carrier join a battle that’s half over so you have a chance finding ships that aren’t within 6km of allies.  This “pass out from boredom watching everyone else get to play the group vs group combat for about 10 minutes” is a joke.  The devs not even trying to fix it in two updates now is an even bigger joke.  

I mean is that any different from before the patch? Before my Atlanta could splash entire squadrons of planes, now I'd be lucky to take 1 or 2 down before the first strike made it through.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,409 posts
9,839 battles

DD's: Wah! Planes! Radar! My concealment!

CV's: Wah! Cruisers eat my planes! Everybody else hates me!

BB's: Wah! DD's torped me! Cruiser HE spam!

Cruisers: :cap_popcorn:

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 8
  • Meh 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts
2 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Because if they try to improve life for carriers DD mains will scream bloody murder again.

• Meh 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles
2 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

DD's: Wah! Planes! My concealment!

CV's: Wah! Cruisers eat my planes!

BB's: Wah! DD's torped me!

Cruisers: :cap_popcorn:

Pretty much. 

Members
167 posts
3,121 battles
5 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

I mean playing a few Clemson games for old time sake and you get nothing but CV strikes every 2 minutes. Sure they didn't do a whole lot of damage if they hit at all but I'd rather be playing World of Warships rather than world of dodge the deadly rockets that take 20% of your health if they hit and repeating that every 2 minutes. I mean I get that some good CV players could dev strike a dd back in the day with ease but the seemingly endless waves of planes gets tiring. At least before the patch, fighters could scare away entire strike packages for a time but since, the most effective tool for protecting your team is nerf'ed into the dirt.

In my games with midway, I drop a fighter over a capping dd.  Your cv's are apparently selfish or dumb.   Seriously,  the issue is your teammates, stop being a typical whiny dd player.  I am dominating in my dd's.  

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Barrett said:

In my games with midway, I drop a fighter over a capping dd.  Your cv's are apparently selfish or dumb.   Seriously,  the issue is your teammates, stop being a typical whiny dd player.  I am dominating in my dd's.  

Oh don't get me wrong, I was dominating too at least when I was alive. Except how do you expect a fighter to protect you when you're sailing around the entire map. I just sailed out of their defense range if they bothered to drop them at all. Beside's it's late game they might not even have had fighters left at that point as far as I'm aware. But I can tell you who still had full squadrons of bombers even after losing 30+ planes to a friendly Yubari. I died that game to an Isokaze torp but I spent the last half playing dodge ball.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles
1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

Everone will whining in any class

Yep, though sometimes it might actually be warranted.

• Cool 1

[B808]
Members
1,315 posts
7,675 battles
28 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Try playing a FUBUKI in a CV heavy game OR non-CV game. Then come back to me about your thoughts.

I am against torps ships/CV getting the nerf bat for 4 straight patch in a row.

So again a few good games in a DD doesn't reflect he struggle of others.

By comparing t6 meta against t10 meta is stretching it isn't it? A lot of the complaints that got CV's to the point they are is from the t10 crowd who don't want the meta to change and why CV's are in the position they are in.

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,381 posts
20,051 battles

So you couldn't kill a aa specialized dd so sorry

I have no problems killing regular DDs in my Carrier it took some practice thats all

But aa specialized DDs are tough, they are made to counter you thats your teams fault for letting them live 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,381 posts
20,051 battles

I'm getting sick of CV drivers coming in here crying that they can't kill everything,  why cant i be OP against everything 

there's things that they don't do good against Just like every other ship has its weakness 

So you can't kill an AA specialized ship wow really

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Members
6,621 posts
20,679 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

I'm getting sick of CV drivers coming in here crying that they can't kill everything,  why cant i be OP against everything 

there's things that they don't do good against Just like every other ship has its weakness 

So you can't kill an AA specialized ship wow really

I'm getting a second opinion, apparently you are telling the truth and I don't want to hear it. Somebody out there will side with me and then we will be right!

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,381 posts
20,051 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

I'm getting a second opinion, apparently you are telling the truth and I don't want to hear it. Somebody out there will side with me and then we will be right!

Lol+1

Members
6,621 posts
20,679 battles

Do you know how hard it is to drink scotch playing dd? Personally I enjoy 34 second reloads on BB's 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles
20 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

By comparing t6 meta against t10 meta is stretching it isn't it? A lot of the complaints that got CV's to the point they are is from the t10 crowd who don't want the meta to change and why CV's are in the position they are in.

You're wrong, I was pointing how 4 straight CV/torp ship Nerf patches ( all BECAUSE OF one tier 10 ship) has affected the play and survivability of other ships AND made CV rework a failure.

I would make the argument of because of these type of posts, the worst patch of the game was created (0.8.0.1 ).

Just by looking at the results I assume it was before the Torp to flood ration nerf as well... THere is no way you are going to get 1 torp hit for 1 flood... Just no way with the current patch.

Lastly, the gearing is not a dedicated torp ship. The Shima has been long been mothballed by perspective cpts even before this whole mess. There is no way with the current tier 10 meta a Shima cpt will have good game consistently (maybe for a few players but its a struggle).

@Snargfargle SHow the match date.. There is no way you should be getting a 1 torp to 1 flood ratio with the current patch.

Edited by Navalpride33

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles
5 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

I didn't get a chance to play when the re-work first came out but from the video's I saw it was as bad as I expected if not worse. CV struck just about everyone with impunity then recalled before they lost many if any planes. Then they could take off almost immediately afterwards and be on target again is almost no time. Stacking fires and floods was alot easier that it was before. AA didn't seem to do enough, defensive fire was nerf'ed to make matter worse but the worst thing was that the best counter to CV strike planes was removed almost entirely. Fighter planes main job pre-patch was to fend off enemy planes, sure some player weren't every good at that but sometimes just their presence was enough to delay a strike if not chase it off entirely. The new mechanic is a crappy consumable that lasts 1 minute and is locked to a small area. Compare that to having 2-3 squadrons of fighters, who could travel the entire map, weren't bound to being deployed by the strike planes, and could stay in the air the entire game potentially. It isn't even a contest to which option of fighters were better for protecting the team and even with a few buffs the fighter consumable still doesn't do all that much from my own observations. Just look at the number of planes shot down per-game by the CV's it's far less than it was before unless the CV itself was targets by strike planes. The best counter play to CV before was other CV's but now that they don't have the aspect to game-play to take up some of their time they are free to strike all the time.

• Cool 1