You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Air supply containers drop rates

21 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles

Anybody buy the containers? 

I just bought x40 containers this morning and got the 1.Hood, 2. Edinburgh, and 3. Vanguard

hood and vanguard alone balanced the cost out.

overall happy with purchase. What was everyone elses drop rates for ships?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
14 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Anybody buy the containers? 

I just bought x40 containers this morning and got the 1.Hood, 2. Edinburgh, and 3. Vanguard

hood and vanguard alone balanced the cost out.

overall happy with purchase. What was everyone elses drop rates for ships?

There is no stated/guaranteed drop rate, but the overall average I'm guessing is approx. 12-14 containers/ship?

So $36-42 each plus the miscellaneous stuff in each container

Edited by Commander_367

[SYJ]
Members
131 posts
13,034 battles

Bought 5 no ships to love....500 doubloons and more Warship Premium time so i have to play 85 more days

[B808]
Members
1,315 posts
7,675 battles
4 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Tech tree ships in purchased containers? I fail to see the value in that.

Must be a hold over from their French BB chase.

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
9 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Got Hood and Vangaurd out of drop. Those two ships alone offset the cost of the x40 containers. I don't have any of the ships, so.......was good on my end. 

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
9 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Got Hood and Vangaurd out of drop. Those two ships alone offset the cost of the x40 containers. I don't have any of the ships, so.......was good on my end. 

Yes, I can see that.  I'm not saying your roll of the dice didn't pay off.  I just wonder about the guy who buys some containers and gets a tech tree ship.  In my case, it would even be a tech tree ship I've already moved passed and sold back.  I would be a bit peeved, even considering the credits I would get for selling it back again.

Edited by Seaneroo

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
22 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Yeah the Eddie is definitely a sandbag … 

One of many little tricks … others are mad they get credits instead of doubloons for duplicates, using missions as an excuse to take your cash

Edited by Commander_367

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Another little trick :)

If you don't have it yet it's a fine ship. If you have played consistently recently look around and you will probably find a permacamo for it too. I found an Arctic permacamo in my inventory that I'd picked up somewhere.  

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

If you don't have it yet it's a fine ship. If you have played consistently recently look around and you will probably find a permacamo for it too. I found an Arctic permacamo in my inventory that I'd picked up somewhere.  

Yep, arctic camo is there, I'm not saying it's bad - just that it's tech tree vs the other premiums 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,564 posts
14 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

One of many little tricks … others are mad they get credits instead of doubloons for duplicates, using missions as an excuse to take your cash

I found value in obtaining the ships without grinding and they are fully unlocked.  I spent around $35 to get the needed currency.  I also got lucky and ended up with the Hood out of one of the containers.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I found value in obtaining the ships without grinding and they are fully unlocked.  I spent around $35 to get the needed currency.  I also got lucky and ended up with the Hood out of one of the containers.

Yep, it can work out if you know what the odds are of getting a particular ship and have the cash to follow through

Edited by Commander_367

[A-D-F]
7,564 posts
6 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Yep, it can work out if you know what the odds are of getting a particular ship and have the cash to follow through

I went into my purchase having already decided that the cost was worth it to me if all I ended up with was the T8 unlocked.  As long as you are fine with that outcome, truly ok with it, I don't see any problems with the offer.

WG isn't forcing anyone to buy it and I am happy they offered it.  They make their income via people willing to trade money for time and/or effort, this isn't different.

[KSE]
1,732 posts
17,356 battles

I bought 5 containers and got the Hood, and while it was a ship I never would have bought, I was pretty impressed by the guns and their AP ability to citadel cruisers.  I used the ship to great effect in the Narai OP, with usually 3 or 4 dev strikes a game.  I already owned the Nelson and Duke of York, and enjoyed them both - surprisingly I like the Hood as well. De3finietly worth the $15 I dropped to speed up getting the Brit CV's faster.

[NDA]
Supertester
2,902 posts
6,018 battles

I bought a big pack just so I could semi-review the value on my youtube channel.  Walked away with this:

nLOBuhs.jpg

My interpretation of the crates, if you want to be done with the collection fast or need some ships it offers, or you want a head start on the florins?  Worthwhile.  Not so much for anything else.

[CCF]
Members
742 posts
7,777 battles

Bought 5 containers got zero ships. Was gifted 20 containers and got the Eddy that was all.

On youtube it appears the 40 container buys are almost a lock you will get all four ships. 

Tho iirc the one fella had just one thru 25 containers and then got the rest in the final 15.

My clanmate bought 40 and got all 4 ships.

[TSF]
Members
104 posts
10,756 battles
My experience with the air supply loot boxes is extremely negative. I am, by any measure, a WoWs whale. I have purchased every previous series of loot boxes, and own virtually every ship, (except Iwaki alpha, Arkansas beta, and Vanguard.)
The one item I wanted out of the air supply containers was the Vanguard. I have already completed the Naval Aviation collection, so I didn't need the collection items, and the special flags are useful, but I already have a ton of them. I figured, with 40 crates, and owning every other ship, there was a very good chance I would get the Vanguard, which made the loot boxes seem like a mediocre deal, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 40 container package.
Turns out, these loot boxes don't prioritize ships you don't already have, as previous version have. Nor do they give doubloons as compensation for ships you already have, as previous boxes have done.
I did not get the Vanguard. I ended up with one mission for Edinbergh, 40 duplicate collection items, ~25 of each special flag, and 4000 florins, which I also don't need. (already have all 3 RN CVs).
So, for me at least, the Air Supply containers were a very bad investment WoWs wise.
I concur with the OP, definitely spend your money elsewhere.
N.b. It appears that each successive iteration of loot boxes offered by WG is of decreasing value. To the point that I would not recommend players buy loot boxes from WG if this trend continues. I know I won't.

Members
14 posts
6,246 battles

I recently bought the 5 pack of aircraft containers that feature the kaga, eneterprise, graff zep, and saipan however I sent It as a gift to a friend but he never received It however I got charged for it and cant find the proper channels to report this claim much less a customer service number to contact them by?

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 hour ago, Konig_des_Salzes said:

I recently bought the 5 pack of aircraft containers that feature the kaga, eneterprise, graff zep, and saipan however I sent It as a gift to a friend but he never received It however I got charged for it and cant find the proper channels to report this claim much less a customer service number to contact them by?

You bought Naval Aviation containers which are the containers for this month. This thread was about last month's containers. In any case...

Did he check the email that is associated with his WoWs account? When you bought the boxes for him, it sent him an email to accept them. Once he accepts them in his email, they will appear in his port. Then he can open them. If he does not accept them, then in 30 days after you bought them, they will be converted to doubloons (dollar value you spent) and the doubloons will go to your account.

If he can not find them in his inbox, trash folder, and/or spam folder, then click on player support at the upper left of this page to submit a tkt to support.

Members
14 posts
6,246 battles
On 4/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, Kizarvexis said:

You bought Naval Aviation containers which are the containers for this month. This thread was about last month's containers. In any case...

Did he check the email that is associated with his WoWs account? When you bought the boxes for him, it sent him an email to accept them. Once he accepts them in his email, they will appear in his port. Then he can open them. If he does not accept them, then in 30 days after you bought them, they will be converted to doubloons (dollar value you spent) and the doubloons will go to your account.

If he can not find them in his inbox, trash folder, and/or spam folder, then click on player support at the upper left of this page to submit a tkt to support.

we got it sorted out It just took some time to transfer where as im used to instant transfers this took a few weeks but nonetheless he got the containers so all is good <O

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
6 hours ago, Konig_des_Salzes said:

we got it sorted out It just took some time to transfer where as im used to instant transfers this took a few weeks but nonetheless he got the containers so all is good <O

Shiny