Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Deuce5150

PertHaida

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
30 posts
3,898 battles

Here's a bad idea.  

I have a Perth that I have only played a few battles in, but I plan to give her a workout after finishing a my current grind.  I was just gifted a 30% coupon to celebrate three years in the game.  I'm considering Haida.

My terrible plan is to share a captain between them.  The time it take to train up a commander on one ship is too long for my attention span, but if he pulls double duty, it will only take half the time!...

Has anyone done this?  What skills would you recommend for a hybrid CL/DD captain?  The two ships have similar features, so my idea was this:

Thoughts?

PertHaida.JPG

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,591 posts
19,631 battles

Generally speaking ...sharing a captain between two different ship types is not recommended. 

I would take adrenaline rush before SCE for either ship type.

My Haida build.

haidab.JPG

Edited by SgtSpud
wrong aboot SCE

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
14 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Generally speaking ...sharing a captain between two different ship types is not recommended. Smoke screen expert expands the screen but decreases the length.

No it doesn't: +20% to the radius of smoke screens. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Table_of_Commander_Skills

0 downsides to having it.

Members
105 posts
4,057 battles

These ships actually have pretty similar captain skills, but I will put in my recommendations.

The smoke expert is useless. It will not allow the ship to move faster in creeping smoke, and it is very hard for other ships to benefit from creeping smoke anyway. Use adrenaline rush.

Personally, I would use BFT over superintendant. That benefits Haida more than Perth, but the extra AA is something, and the dpm boost to haida is very nice.

Apart from that, looks good.

[BOBS_]
Beta Testers
3 posts
4,694 battles

I do, I run 

PT, EL

EM, AR,LS

Superintendent

IFHE. CE

on my 19 point captain

on seeing the post above^^ I will respec when it is free soon and try that,  it looks good.

Edited by Goggles_Pisano
added text

Sign in to follow this