Lady_Athena

Why did my W/R drop by literally 20%?

24 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles

Just to note.

Around 2,000~ battles give or take a few hundred, I was toting a 69% W/R, (I had even 70%+ at one point), I played alot through alpha, and beta, but once it released real life got the best of me. Despite playing only a few battles a day for the last 3 years and accumulating 1,800 battles, I was still holding a 70% W/R...

Now though, literally in the past half year my W/R dropped by nearly 20%. It's now at 56% and I feel like its getting lower and lower still..

This is all despite me still being top on the team 9/10 times. FIrst place the vast majority of my games, and doing over 120k dmg normally.. (Not counting the last few events, as they've been pushing me well outside my zone of ships I'm used too, so I'll average out in the middle of the team, or top 5, though sometimes on the bottom). Still doesn't make sense. Seems like every team lately for the past 5 months that I've had the misfortune to play with has been crumbling in the first 5 minutes and over half the team is dead before 6 minutes into the game.

I've even had several moments in the past few days where I've won a flank almost entirely solo, outnumbered 2 to 1, yet the other side of the map completely gets decimated despite them outnumbering the enemy 2 to 1 and I still lose..

• Meh 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles

My WR didn't move all that much, but I swear I had over 4,000 battles back in the summer, and now it says I have 3700. Noticed this weeks ago but thought I was just crazy.

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

According https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/charts/1000416469,Lady_Athena/ your account Randoms WR was 56.3% in January 2017, and is almost exactly the same now.

Yes, in 2017. went up to 69% and over 70% at one point. That's what happens you constantly do great.. Or should, hence my question.. Nothing I've done is different, I'm doing teh same damage numbers, same spot on the team, same everything. Yet its dropped significantly. (Though I will admit the biggest drop was during halloween, and christmas events.. those were abysmal days of people who haven't played in years coming back in their tier 7+'s and having no idea how to play).

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

My WR didn't move all that much, but I swear I had over 4,000 battles back in the summer, and now it says I have 3700. Noticed this weeks ago but thought I was just crazy.

I wonder if removed ships (pre-rework carriers, USN cruisers prior to the line juggle/split, etc) count towards your totals or not.

Members
396 posts
13,683 battles

One thing I've noticed over the last 2-3 months is there there is an exceptional amount of high tier (8, 9, 10) yolo CA/CLs and DDs that are getting nuked in the first 3-4 minutes of a match. I suspect that the game is old enough that even the incompetent have been able to grind their way to high tier ships and play them regularly. The more yolo players in queue means that game outcomes are going to be more random based on MM. Just a thought.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,340 posts
19,557 battles
5 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Yes, in 2017. went up to 69% and over 70% at one point. That's what happens you constantly do great.

Where on this graph does it go to 70%?

dTVAAEw.png

And before somebody asks, those are day.month at the bottom, so 01.03 at the far right is March 1 of this year, and you count backwards from there.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
23 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Just to note.

Around 2,000~ battles give or take a few hundred, I was toting a 69% W/R, (I had even 70%+ at one point), I played alot through alpha, and beta, but once it released real life got the best of me. Despite playing only a few battles a day for the last 3 years and accumulating 1,800 battles, I was still holding a 70% W/R...

So by your own description, you played 2000 battles and won 69% of them.  Then you say "accumulating 1,800 battles", do you mean an additional 1800 for a total of 3800?  And then you continued to play but your win rate started to drop?  So you're claiming something like 4000-5000 battles played?

Because the logs show you at only 2300 battles played in total, of which just shy of 2,000 were randoms (the only ones that count to your stats) and the rest were coop and ranked.  So either you're remembering very incorrectly, or over half your battles are missing from your logs.

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Where on this graph does it go to 70%?

dTVAAEw.png

And before somebody asks, those are day.month at the bottom, so 01.03 at the far right is March 1 of this year, and you count backwards from there.

Going off of what I saw in-game. I was at 65% a year ago, it went up to 72% until the beginning of last year, then a steady decline after that.

I know what I saw.

Members
1,293 posts
7,142 battles
5 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Yes, in 2017. went up to 69% and over 70% at one point. That's what happens you constantly do great.. Or should, hence my question.. Nothing I've done is different, I'm doing teh same damage numbers, same spot on the team, same everything. Yet its dropped significantly. (Though I will admit the biggest drop was during halloween, and christmas events.. those were abysmal days of people who haven't played in years coming back in their tier 7+'s and having no idea how to play).

Well 69% and 70% WR are absurdly high particularly for a player who isn't an elite CV main. Nothing in your stats indicates you should be winning at that rate. If you did have such a WR you were getting exceptionally lucky with teams for a long time. 

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

So by your own description, you played 2000 battles and won 69% of them.  Then you say "accumulating 1,800 battles", do you mean an additional 1800 for a total of 3800?  And then you continued to play but your win rate started to drop?  So you're claiming something like 4000-5000 battles played?

Because the logs show you at only 2300 battles played in total, of which just shy of 2,000 were randoms (the only ones that count to your stats) and the rest were coop and ranked.  So either you're remembering very incorrectly, or over half your battles are missing from your logs.

No, I'm saying 1,800 of those battles over the course of the last 3 years or so, up until it started to drastically decrease over the last year.

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
4 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Well 69% and 70% WR are absurdly high particularly for a player who isn't an elite CV main. Nothing in your stats indicates you should be winning at that rate. If you did have such a WR you were getting exceptionally lucky with teams for a long time. 

Well if it did just end up being a bug (I know for a fact I had 65-70% W/R for a long time showing on my profile)

However, lets just say that was a bug. Even the graph there shows a massive decline, why? Nothing on my part has changed (Again except for a few weeks (mostly just 1 week in christmas, and right now) of grinding challenges in ships I'm not familiar with, but even then I dont do horrible (usually)). That's still a monsterous decline in W/R% isn't it? in literally just 2 months out of 3 years of playing.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
1 minute ago, Lady_Athena said:

Well if it did just end up being a bug (I know for a fact I had 65-70% W/R for a long time showing on my profile)

However, lets just say that was a bug. Even the graph there shows a massive decline, why? Nothing on my part has changed (Again except for a few weeks of grinding challenges in ships I'm not familiar with, but even then I dont do horrible (usually))

It's not a massive decline, it's just a very narrow scale.  Your win rate peaked at something like 57.6% and then fell to 56.2%.  Doesn't take a very long below-average streak to do that.

Members
1,293 posts
7,142 battles
1 minute ago, Lady_Athena said:

However, lets just say that was a bug. Even the graph there shows a massive decline, why? Nothing on my part has changed (Again except for a few weeks of grinding challenges in ships I'm not familiar with, but even then I dont do horrible (usually))

New ships, bad teams, getting readjusted to higher tier play? 

Based on what we have you've only actually declined to 56.2% from your high of 57.6%. That's certainly a significant drop but not a massive one (particularly given that you have relatively few games played you have less than 2,000 random battles overall).

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

It's not a massive decline, it's just a very narrow scale.  Your win rate peaked at something like 57.6% and then fell to 56.2%.  Doesn't take a very long below-average streak to do that.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but something just doesn't seem right. I know you get bad game streaks, and even bad weeks. I've had them in the past, yet the graph doesn't show any major dips like that... hmm... Maybe I'm just far too touchy about my personal stats..

Beta Testers
133 posts
16,573 battles

Maybe you are not wrong but you still dont have that many randoms games to actually preserve your winrate. In other words, if you lose 3 games of 10 with a 70% wr the other 7 wins are worthless....i recommend you.play more in division.

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
1 minute ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

Maybe you are not wrong but you still dont have that many randoms games to actually preserve your winrate. In other words, if you lose 3 games of 10 with a 70% wr the other 7 wins are worthless....i recommend you.play more in division.

:Smile_amazed:..............:Smile_izmena:

[WOLFG]
Members
29,030 posts
8,293 battles
12 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but something just doesn't seem right. I know you get bad game streaks, and even bad weeks. I've had them in the past, yet the graph doesn't show any major dips like that... hmm... Maybe I'm just far too touchy about my personal stats..

The problem is the scale of the graph. It makes relatively small changes look dramatic. 

[MALD]
Members
1,729 posts
13,381 battles
1 hour ago, Lady_Athena said:

Just to note.

Now though, literally in the past half year my W/R dropped by nearly 20%. It's now at 56% and I feel like its getting lower and lower still..

This is all despite me still being top on the team 9/10 times. FIrst place the vast majority of my games, and doing over 120k dmg normally.. (Not counting the last few events, as they've been pushing me well outside my zone of ships I'm used too, so I'll average out in the middle of the team, or top 5, though sometimes on the bottom). Still doesn't make sense. Seems like every team lately for the past 5 months that I've had the misfortune to play with has been crumbling in the first 5 minutes and over half the team is dead before 6 minutes into the game.

I've even had several moments in the past few days where I've won a flank almost entirely solo, outnumbered 2 to 1, yet the other side of the map completely gets decimated despite them outnumbering the enemy 2 to 1 and I still lose..

My guess is you probably looked at your in game profile and it was set to “Ranked” instead of “Random.” As you can see with the below SS, your win rate in recent ranked seasons up until recently was around that high 60% number. 

A6F16B44-2FA0-491B-9AC5-513D0C9AAF8C.png

Members
3,073 posts
15,907 battles

I can't think of a comment but here's a recipe for blueberry muffins:

1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour

3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/3 cup (80 ml) neutral flavored oil; canola, vegetable and grape seed are great

1 large egg

1/3 – 1/2 cup (80 ml – 120 ml) milk; dairy and non-dairy both work

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries; see note below about frozen berries (about 1 cup)

Directions

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.

• Prepare Oven and Muffin Cups

Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.

Add oil to a measuring jug that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg then fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk (1/3 to 1/2 cup milk). Add vanilla and whisk to combine.

Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick — see note below for more details). Fold in the blueberries.

• Make Batter

Divide the batter between muffin cups. (If making big-topped muffins, the batter will come to the tops of the paper liners). Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.

Bake muffins 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter. Transfer to a cooling rack.

To store, place them in a plastic bag, seal, and store at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. To freeze, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or place them in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.

• Bake Muffins

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,956 battles

So, if I have blueberry muffins in the freezer...AND... they've been in there for over three months, I should throw them out?

What a waste...

Members
3,073 posts
15,907 battles
5 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

So, if I have blueberry muffins in the freezer...AND... they've been in there for over three months, I should throw them out?

What a waste...

Naaah … eat them. How bad could they be?