You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

WG: Please change final requirement (7 Achievments) for Exeter missions while there is still time

71 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles

As the title says I am asking you, WG, to please change/alter the Stage 4/Part 1 requirement (earn 7 Achievements) in the Exeter event so that Co-op players have a chance to complete this too. You have made it doable in Co-op but given us a completely impossible task to complete as there are no Co-op Achievements (even though we have asked for them over and over - had to sneak that in LOL :Smile_veryhappy:).

I am not asking that Co-op itself be added to anything that is PVP only here either. I am just asking that where you already said Co-op was allowed to please give us a task we can actually do. The 30 planes down one in Stage 1, with no bot CV's was extremely hard but at least possible, but that 7 Achievement requirement is flat out not possible at this time in Co-op.

@Pigeon_of_War already has stated in the forums it was an oversight/mistake you would try hard not to repeat moving forward. While it is great you will try not to do this again, and speaking for Co-op mains we genuinely do appreciated it when we are allowed to participate in these things too, it does not address the Exeter event problem. There is still plenty of time to correct this oversight/mistake you admit you made. Stage 4 has not started, no one has completed it that will be insulted if it is changed, etc... and you have the time to make a change. Why can't you just do a hot fix and correct the problem? You either...

• Add something else to it so it is earn 7 Achievements -OR- <insert optional task like 5000 BXP>
  • Create a temporary Co-op achievement like the 4 Goal Haul one during the Ovechkin event or just reinstate that one for the duration needed

EDIT - the image below is photo shopped to show how it could/should be done

zKUspbD.jpg

Why can't this be fixed when you claim it was not intentional? Everyone makes mistakes. No one will look poorly at you if you actually fix it but for darn sure many of us are not happy with you for letting it stand so far. Please, do the right thing, and fix this so that Co-op players can do this as you intended. We can not do so now without going into PVP which many of us just refuse to do. And do you really want a bunch of Co-op mains derping around Randoms trying to get those Achievements at the cost of team play the way PVP mains do in Co-op when they go there for a mission? It won't be pretty. 

Again, please fix this. There is time and the way to do so is not complicated.

Thank you.

AdmiralThunder:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 25
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles

Did you actually manage to shoot down 30 planes in co-op matches without carriers?  That's a lot of spotter planes...

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

Even though I do not know the full extent the plague that befalls co-op only players, I do concur that there should be achievements that can be earned by co-op players <OR> the mission be changed to make it possible in co-op until such time achievements come to co-op.

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
8 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Did you actually manage to shoot down 30 planes in co-op matches without carriers?  That's a lot of spotter planes...

Yes. Fighters count so I loaded up US Cruisers that qualified and charged ahead (ie; yolo) to find the nearest bot Cruiser with fighters. Tried to time it so I would get in AA range about the time their fighters were coming off cooldown (bots launch planes right off at game start). I would get into AA range and then launch my fighter which would prompt them to launch theirs. I would then hit DefAA. This was good for 2 planes down and also getting killed fast.

I had 5 planes down when I decided even though I couldn't finish the entire thing I would try and farm what I could get in the stages I could do. Came up with this tactic. Took 23 games to get the final 25 planes. Had 1 game with 1 plane and then another with 3 planes but the rest were all 2. 1/2 the games or so I didn't get any because I died yolo'ing ahead or the ships with planes were on other end.

It was possible. It just did not encourage team or smart play.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,279 battles

Will be nice but a little late. I stopped farming planes because I know I will never get the 7 archivement.

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes. Fighters count so I loaded up US Cruisers that qualified and charged ahead (ie; yolo) to find the nearest bot Cruiser with fighters. Tried to time it so I would get in AA range about the time their fighters were coming off cooldown (bots launch planes right off at game start). I would get into AA range and then launch my fighter which would prompt them to launch theirs. I would then hit DefAA. This was good for 2 planes down and also getting killed fast.

I had 5 planes down when I decided even though I couldn't finish the entire thing I would try and farm what I could get in the stages I could do. Came up with this tactic. Took 23 games to get the final 25 planes. Had 1 game with 1 plane and then another with 3 planes but the rest were all 2. 1/2 the games or so I didn't get any because I died yolo'ing ahead or the ships with planes were on other end.

It was possible. It just did not encourage team or smart play.

You're tenacious, I'll give you that.

I agree with your overall point.  Whatever your feelings on coop are, if they say "doable in coop" it should be doable in coop.  Unfortunately Wargaming doesn't often seem to hurry to fix their mistakes.  "Sorry, it was an oversight, we'll do better next time" may be the best you're going to get.  I hope I'm wrong.

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
5 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

You're tenacious, I'll give you that.

I agree with your overall point.  Whatever your feelings on coop are, if they say "doable in coop" it should be doable in coop.  Unfortunately Wargaming doesn't often seem to hurry to fix their mistakes.  "Sorry, it was an oversight, we'll do better next time" may be the best you're going to get.  I hope I'm wrong.

I don't expect them to either but you never know.

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLFG]
Members
9,569 posts
8,517 battles
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

"Sorry, it was an oversight, we'll do better next time" may be the best you're going to get.  I hope I'm wrong.

They already printed that T-shirt

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It is important to us PvE mains that you press home the point, I think.  I, for one, appreciate your perseverance and initiative to carry the torch for all of us.  Many thanks to you, Admiral.

• Cool 3

[EQRN]
Members
2,026 posts
17,427 battles

Its not going to be fun for pvp’rs either, when you don’t need achievements they happen, when you do need them you get zippo. Plus it has to be RN tier 6-8 only?  There are going to be people that will have to buy ships they would not ordinarily want.  I’m hoping my Nelson can ding some dreadnought achievements, but of course when I need them...

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,332 posts
19,496 battles
Just now, FrodoFraggin said:

Its not going to be fun for pvp’rs either, when you don’t need achievements they happen, when you do need them you get zippo. Plus it has to be RN tier 6-8 only?  There are going to be people that will have to buy ships they would not ordinarily want.  I’m hoping my Nelson can ding some dreadnought achievements, but of course when I need them...

That's a far cry from "literally impossible", which this mission is in co-op (because co-op doesn't award achievements).

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
15 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

That's a far cry from "literally impossible", which this mission is in co-op (because co-op doesn't award achievements).

I dont understand why after several years, they still haven't come up with the brilliant yet simpleton idea to make a completely different set of achievements for PvE. I understand not wanting to put PvP achievements in PvE. It would take away from the achievement in a huge way since you're farming less than intelligent bots in Co-op.

But to make a completely different set of achievements only for PvE? Why they can't do that is beyond me.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
9 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

I dont understand why after several years, they still haven't come up with the brilliant yet simpleton idea to make a completely different set of achievements for PvE. I understand not wanting to put PvP achievements in PvE. It would take away from the achievement in a huge way since you're farming less than intelligent bots in Co-op.

But to make a completely different set of achievements only for PvE? Why they can't do that is beyond me.

I honestly don't either. PVP has them, Scenarios has them, and Co-op doesn't? Why?

I even did an achievement for Co-op proposal that did at least some of the leg work for them well over a year ago. At the minimum it was a place to start at.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
32 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Its not going to be fun for pvp’rs either, when you don’t need achievements they happen, when you do need them you get zippo. 

So would "Detonation" count towards credit for this?  It's an achievement, just as surely as "Devastating Strike" or "First Blood" is...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
57 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The shadow knows...:Smile_trollface:

I'm not seeing the issue, you've spent 1000's on the game, just buy the ship and save yourself the self abuse.:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
58 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Yeah 7 is quite a few. Besides the Co-op issue when I saw that I immediately felt bad for the PVP folks. I also remember when we could use those 4 Goal Haul ones in Co-op for an event. When I needed them fa-geta-bout-it. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy: I got 32 of them in total during the time they were there but it was a struggle to get them when needed and I know it will be for the PVP folks who need 7. Hell, in my 171 PVP games I only have 13 of them so no way I get 7 for this event if I did go to PVP.

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The shadow knows...:Smile_trollface:

I'm not seeing the issue, you've spent 1000's on the game, just buy the ship and save yourself the self abuse.:Smile_teethhappy:

I already did buy it. I want the 4k doubloons for the duplicate.

It's also the principle of the thing. IF you make it doable in Co-op give us tasks we can actually do.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

I already did buy it. I want the 4k doubloons for the duplicate.

It's also the principle of the thing. IF you make it doable in Co-op give us tasks we can actually do.

I gave up that dream years ago....:Smile_glasses:

Good luck changing WG though....

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,388 posts
15,783 battles

Agreed +1 

WG please make this possible for our coop brethren.

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
32 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

So would "Detonation" count towards credit for this?  It's an achievement, just as surely as "Devastating Strike" or "First Blood" is...

Should

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

I would like to see this changed, as well.  The seven achievements is going to be very difficult for average players like myself to accomplish, even in Random.  And they saved it for the last set of missions, so we don't have a lot of time to get it done. 

[-A-8-]
Members
178 posts
7,857 battles

Just go play some random battles. Its really not as bad as it used to be. I was a coop main for a long time until awile ago. I wanted the PEF so I jumped in my t8 premiums and grinded out that 24m final directives in 2 days. Even though didn't do great no one gave me crap for it, sometimes I even did pretty good!

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
Just now, ZER01025 said:

Just go play some random battles. Its really not as bad as it used to be. I was a coop main for a long time until awile ago. I wanted the PEF so I jumped in my t8 premiums and grinded out that 24m final directives in 2 days. Even though didn't do great no one gave me crap for it, sometimes I even did pretty good!

I don't like or play PVP. I have no intentions of going there for anything WG offers.

Also, they allowed for it to be done in Co-op but set an impossible task. This should be fixed and not let stand.

Not trying to be unreasonable here. Just want them to do the right thing. 

• Cool 2

Members
3,068 posts
15,901 battles

It says "earn 7 battle achievement OR earn 5,000 Base points. What am I missing here?

Why don't you just play for the base points instead? 

• Cool 1