You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Fly Strike Win "crowns"

75 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles

So is there any other way to get crowns besides completing the mission directives in the event? B/c as i see right now, i will only be able to collect 60 more, which will give me the No.2 Bundle. But to get the last bundle (already have enough florins for both) i will have to buy more crowns at 2,500 doubloons for only 50? Seems kindof steep. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
8 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

So is there any other way to get crowns besides completing the mission directives in the event? B/c as i see right now, i will only be able to collect 60 more, which will give me the No.2 Bundle. But to get the last bundle (already have enough florins for both) i will have to buy more crowns at 2,500 doubloons for only 50? Seems kindof steep. 

Odd. I am one crown and 500-ish florins short of Furious. I know my problem is that my gameplay time and choices don't often allow me to finish the Dailies, and that's on me, but personally I would rather grind out the T8 ship when she goes live than pay a single RL cent to obtain her.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

From what I understand from other posts, you can get Hermes and Furious free by doing most of the dailies and all the directives they give you.  You will be on your way, but just short of getting the Implacable if you do everything and buy the Exeter.  Unless they increase the values in future directives or something, you will be just short of getting Implacable free and will need to buy containers for the remainder (as many as 14 I have heard).

Seems to be a slight change from the way they have done things previously.  They really should state up front that Implacable can or can not be obtained for free, instead of making it "appear" that it can and then not.

• Cool 1

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
5 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

From what I understand from other posts, you can get Hermes and Furious free by doing most of the dailies and all the directives they give you.  You will be on your way, but just short of getting the Implacable if you do everything and buy the Exeter.  Unless they increase the values in future directives or something, you will be just short of getting Implacable free and will need to buy containers for the remainder (as many as 14 I have heard).

Seems to be a slight change from the way they have done things previously.  They really should state up front that Implacable can or can not be obtained for free, instead of making it "appear" that it can and then not.

I never can get a win in the Exeter. At T5 i have been on nothing but potato teams and everyone sailing broadside to everything and charging in. I think im 0-7 right now in that ship...lol no matter what i do, the team im on just melts.

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
36 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If memory serves you should be able to exchange florins for crowns during the final week of the patch.

I believe it is the other way around, Crowns for florins. 1 crown -> 8 florins

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
21 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I never can get a win in the Exeter. At T5 i have been on nothing but potato teams and everyone sailing broadside to everything and charging in. I think im 0-7 right now in that ship...lol no matter what i do, the team im on just melts.

What do you need wins for?

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
2 minutes ago, galspanic said:

What do you need wins for?

I would guess enjoyment of the game.

• Funny 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I would guess enjoyment of the game.

Well sure.  But, winning isn’t a requirement for the Exeter only missions.  Winning may speed them up a bit but they all look pretty easy.  And if winning is a requirement I’m missing, then CoOp should clear them out fast.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
11 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Well sure.  But, winning isn’t a requirement for the Exeter only missions.  Winning may speed them up a bit but they all look pretty easy.  And if winning is a requirement I’m missing, then CoOp should clear them out fast.

I think it was more of a general complaint.

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,070 battles

Is there another set of directives for next week? If so that’s another 80 or so

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

Win = Earn is what I am assuming.

OP is talking about earning currency.  You can’t go 0-7 because of potatoes and not earn the currency without being AFK.

3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think it was more of a general complaint.

OPs complaint seemed pretty specific?  Shrug...?

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts

I only the second series in the dailies require wins.  When in a pinch, switch to COOP.  Of course, then you could find out if you are the potato or not.

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Odd. I am one crown and 500-ish florins short of Furious. I know my problem is that my gameplay time and choices don't often allow me to finish the Dailies, and that's on me, but personally I would rather grind out the T8 ship when she goes live than pay a single RL cent to obtain her.

As far as the dailies, here's a suggestion...do the wins/modules/ribbons/fires/damage in co-op, and if you need any more, just run the credit ones in randoms, should be doable in about an hour and a half.

Members
6,152 posts
9,801 battles

Doubloons can be exchanged for crowns in the RN Navy section of Arsenal. Think rate is like 2k dubs for 50 crowns.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
3 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

It's a new twist on previous formulas … 

The first 2 bundles are free - the Implacable costs 6,000 doubloons or similar in containers, as you say

You either don't bother with the last bundle or pay the above

Edited by Commander_367

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

It's a new twist on previous formulas … 

The first 2 bundles are free - the Implacable costs 6,000 doubloons or similar in containers, as you say

You either don't bother with the last bundle or pay the above

Well i just bought x40 air supply containers. Dont think i will spend money to get 6000k doubloons for last one. Hell with thr amount of florins i have right now, i might just hold on to them. I have 5k+ from the air supply containers and might just hold on to them to get over 27mil credits when they cash out over end of the month.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
13 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Well i just bought x40 air supply containers. Dont think i will spend money to get 6000k doubloons for last one. Hell with thr amount of florins i have right now, i might just hold on to them. I have 5k+ from the air supply containers and might just hold on to them to get over 27mil credits when they cash out over end of the month.

You shouldn't have to

The containers are basically to sell the other 4 ships and came at a slightly higher cost for that reason … 

Edit: After 12 containers you should eventually get all the florins and crowns you need, even if you miss a few dailies

Edited by Commander_367

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

You shouldn't have to

The containers are basically to sell the other 4 ships and came at a slightly higher cost for that reason … 

After 15 containers you should be able to get all florins and crowns you need, even if you miss a few dailies

I hope so. We shall see!

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
10 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I hope so. We shall see!

Edited:

After 12 containers … I think that's the right amount, even though a lot will buy x20 or go in 3 stacks of x5 for convenience

Once you get the ship(s) you're looking for you can do the remainder in doubloons in game - approx. 4 containers/2k doubloons?

Nothing is ever simple with WG o7

Edited by Commander_367

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

I edited to 12 containers … I think that's the right amount, even though a lot will buy x20 or go in 3 stacks of x5?

Nothing is ever simple with WG o7

Well i already have first bundle. Sitting on 65 crowns right now with over 5k florins. So i just need the crowns.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
4 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Well i already have first bundle. Sitting on 65 crowns right now with over 5k florins. So i just need the crowns.

It's a bit of a trap - you may not "need" it and you have to consider if you even "want" it lol

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

It's a bit of a trap - you may not "need" it and you have to consider if you even "want" it lol

Yep. What a tangled web we weave.