You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

The hermes cv brit thing.

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,542 posts
3,791 battles

I got the hermes to try for a laugh with the fly strike thing.

Its so bad as to be funny lol. The torps oh my god the torps lol.

It does zero damage and the attack planes are garbage.

I decided to use my hermes for capping duty and attacking dds with my secondaries using manual ship control instead.

Using the hermes as a battleship turned out to be more fun than using it as a cv.

Next please.................... hermes gets a solid 0/10.

• Boring 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,441 posts
8,217 battles
13 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I got the hermes to try for a laugh with the fly strike thing.

Its so bad as to be funny lol. The torps oh my god the torps lol.

It does zero damage and the attack planes are garbage.

I decided to use my hermes for capping duty and attacking dds with my secondaries using manual ship control instead.

Using the hermes as a battleship turned out to be more fun than using it as a cv.

Next please.................... hermes gets a solid 0/10.

All the t4 CVs are underwhelming. Not just Hermes. 

But her single torp drop is one of her better features, you should be able to drop within 3.5 km and press release at 1 km (or less?); close enough to catch even dds off guard. The rockets should also be effective enough for starting fires.

I admit, anyone playing stock in Hermes with a 6 point captain, is going to struggle.

Members
1,542 posts
3,791 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

All the t4 CVs are underwhelming. Not just Hermes. 

But her single torp drop is one of her better features, you should be able to drop within 3.5 km and press release at 1 km (or less?); close enough to catch even dds off guard. The rockets should also be effective enough for starting fires.

I admit, anyone playing stock in Hermes with a 6 point captain, is going to struggle.

I have yet to find the rockets must admit.

I found some cvs in my inventory im not sure what they are doing in the inventory so sold them?

Was this a mistake by me?

Im saving florins for the next cv tier 6? in the fly strike thing.

I also bought a langley last night and it was awful i modded it up but didnt enjoy it so sold it again.

• Boring 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,441 posts
8,217 battles
9 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I have yet to find the rockets must admit.

I found some cvs in my inventory im not sure what they are doing in the inventory so sold them?

Was this a mistake by me?

Im saving florins for the next cv tier 6? in the fly strike thing.

I also bought a langley last night and it was awful i modded it up but didnt enjoy it so sold it again.

if I can say, it does get better. Furious offers greater opportunities.

But, wouldn't want to grind this tech tree, module by module, captain point by captain point. Glad we have the fly strike win, doublons, and free xp (for audacious)

Members
1,542 posts
3,791 battles
9 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

if I can say, it does get better. Furious offers greater opportunities.

But, wouldn't want to grind this tech tree, module by module, captain point by captain point. Glad we have the fly strike win, doublons, and free xp (for audacious)

Audacious thats seriously expensive isnt it?

• Boring 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,441 posts
8,217 battles
6 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Audacious thats seriously expensive isnt it?

they have reduced the xp requirements for unlocking cvs; it isn't the same as unlocking, Shimakaze, from Kagero (for example).

[-GPS-]
Members
2,691 posts
27,680 battles

You are correct. Hosho is merely frustrating beyond belief. Hermès will drive you to drinking/keyboard smashing madness. The dive bombers are nearly useless.  The rockets so inaccurate it hurts. You can land torpedoes but they don’t do much damage and seem to have a very low chance of flooding. Other than that, she’s a great ship /s/

• Cool 1

Members
1,542 posts
3,791 battles
48 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

You are correct. Hosho is merely frustrating beyond belief. Hermès will drive you to drinking/keyboard smashing madness. The dive bombers are nearly useless.  The rockets so inaccurate it hurts. You can land torpedoes but they don’t do much damage and seem to have a very low chance of flooding. Other than that, she’s a great ship /s/

And yet langley is worse than hermes torp wise jesus :O ..............

[-GPS-]
Members
2,691 posts
27,680 battles
Just now, abyssofthetriffid said:

And yet langley is worse than hermes torp wise jesus :O ..............

I confess I haven’t played the new Langley and see no reason to try...

Members
1,542 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, Landing_Skipper said:

I confess I haven’t played the new Langley and see no reason to try...

I bought it last night the langley was bloody awful and torp wise much less damage than hermes.

Instantly sold it again lol cost a fortune.

A huge waste of time the cvs.

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
302 posts
3,943 battles
2 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

because you want all your torpedoes dropped from planes to do this.  :Smile_facepalm:

ViciousRedAfricanwildcat-size_restricted

that not big enough 

we want this 

Beta Testers
351 posts
6,856 battles

What I can't understand, is how does WG expect new CV players? A new player has to start off grinding a Tier IV CV will have their soul broken. You have to to be a sadomasochist to grind and then continue to want to enjoy Tier IV CV play. 

You would think WG would make Tier IV CV as easy and enjoyable as possible in hopes of keeping new CV interested in the Line.

• Cool 1

[O_S_D]
Members
56 posts
7,186 battles

I have been practicing with the Hermes in the training room.  The rockets and bombs are almost useless; maybe 100 points per hit.  The torpedoes are OK, but they don't do much damage; not like ship fired torps.  Between the time it takes to find a target, attack one plane a t a time and get a new squadron in the air you just can't do much.

Edited by Zeus_cat

Members
1,140 posts

it doesn't get any better with implacable, like Furious you will struggle to do anything meaningful in coop, you will occupy the bottom 25% of the scoreboard if not the very bottom, and you will be lucky if you don't lose credits even with a permanent camo.

as for the torps, they are shorter range with a longer arming distance than the US torps, even when the US ones have the +5kts torpedo acceleration, if the UK ones are going to stay markedly shorter range then they should have a markedly shorter arming distance, not a longer arming distance than the US ones.