You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Only 1 day to get the air supply containers after getting Exeter...Am I reading this correctly?

13 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,177 posts
22,432 battles

So the last stage (4th) to get Exeter starts on the 22nd:

shot-19_03.08_03_25.22-0111.thumb.jpg.ea08f2768e64943db382ed996eedbd64.jpg

& the missions to get the air supply containers using Exeter end on the 22nd:

shot-19_03.08_03_24.33-0040.thumb.jpg.f132f1028d35467a5efa32692ee08a31.jpg

That's a bit of a grind for 1 day if you've already finished the RN tech tree lines. Guess I'll be wasting my time running a bunch of RN ships instead of my regular grinds that day.

That's just wrong to make people have to grind all that out in 1 day in order to get those containers. Please tell me that's a copy error.

[TBB]
Members
62 posts
19,570 battles

Think they end at the same time - so you can't get any containers. Believe those are saved for people that buy the exeter only.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
13 minutes ago, Featherdustr said:

Think they end at the same time - so you can't get any containers. Believe those are saved for people that buy the exeter only.

This ^^^

Members
180 posts
3,695 battles

When WG says "ends on xx day" they mean that it's over when the server switches over to begin that "game day". In NA that is 6:30 a.m. Eastern/3:30 a.m. Pacific.  So the one event does technically end on the 22nd, but it stops in the early morning, which is when the other one begins. 

[PVE]
Members
6,177 posts
22,432 battles
21 hours ago, Featherdustr said:

20 hours ago, Bianchi4Me said:

When WG says "ends on xx day" they mean that it's over when the server switches over to begin that "game day". In NA that is 6:30 a.m. Eastern/3:30 a.m. Pacific.  So the one event does technically end on the 22nd, but it stops in the early morning, which is when the other one begins. 

Yeah...I knew that...don't know where my mind was when I posted that (oh yeah...it was contemplating a day of hellacious grinding. Well...good thing that ain't gonna be an issue after all).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

I wish people booking rooms at the motel where I work put as much thought into time as controlled by a computer system as we do. I'm sick of explaining every night that no, I can't check you in at 2am when you made your reservation after midnight because it's still yesterday for us until 5am AND the room is currently occupied because it's assumed that you're checking in after check-out time and thus showing you our availability for after check-out. That's why it says "check-in time is 3pm", Karen.

Do yourselves a favor, everyone: If you need a room, call the hotel directly. Online travel agents are a trap.

[BNKR]
Members
1,624 posts
2,516 battles
2 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Do yourselves a favor, everyone: If you need a room, call the hotel directly. Online travel agents are a trap.

That's not entirely true. I've been using the hotels.com app for a long time now. I've booked hundreds of stays and only had an issue once, which they resolved immediately, and comped the stay as a result. Plus I think I have like 34 free nights in the bank at this point. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
10 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

That's not entirely true. I've been using the hotels.com app for a long time now. I've booked hundreds of stays and only had an issue once, which they resolved immediately, and comped the stay as a result. Plus I think I have like 34 free nights in the bank at this point. 

I deal with them every day, they are a TRAP if you're trying to do anything specific due to the lack of detailed information their system receives. The only ones worse than Hotels.com are Booking.com, and they're all owned by Expedia anyway!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
22,574 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

I deal with them every day, they are a TRAP if you're trying to do anything specific due to the lack of detailed information their system receives. The only ones worse than Hotels.com are Booking.com, and they're all owned by Expedia anyway!

I have worked in the hotel industry for 20+ years. Expedia and all the rest are crap. If you want the "special" rate offered by on online booking service (not the 1-800 number for the franchise) just call the hotel you want to stay at and they will usually gladly match the price from hotels.com or wherever. These online booking agencies are leeches, they either tack on additional charges to a discounted rate in order to make money, or they negotiate a lower rate with a hotel then tack on a big premium that the guest pays for. It is all crap and they make me sick. All they do is provide a website, that is it. They take cash from the customer and the hotel owner. They are unnecessary, especially nowadays when everyone has a web presence. Their whole organization is nothing but leeches that bleed money from people who do the actual work and offer less protection to the guest than what you get from using a credit card. 

Land is right btw, the big three online booking websites are all Expedia. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

Members
180 posts
3,695 battles

Well, the hotel/airline discount sites are useful for checking prices at multiple providers. They are also handy for notifying you if a flight destination goes on sale, since they check multiple airlines.  When I find one I want, I go book it with the actual company providing the service.  You are usually better off if a problem comes up to be able to deal directly with the hotel chain or airline than having to go through a third-party "discounter" and those websites are almost never cheaper than booking it direct.

[A-D-F]
7,578 posts
1 minute ago, Bianchi4Me said:

Well, the hotel/airline discount sites are useful for checking prices at multiple providers. They are also handy for notifying you if a flight destination goes on sale, since they check multiple airlines.  When I find one I want, I go book it with the actual company providing the service.  You are usually better off if a problem comes up to be able to deal directly with the hotel chain or airline than having to go through a third-party "discounter" and those websites are almost never cheaper than booking it direct.

How did we get from air supply containers to this in 10 posts?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
42 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

How did we get from air supply containers to this in 10 posts?

That was me and how my mind functions when I'm posting from work at 3am.