You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Thanks

9 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
1,857 posts
10,690 battles

I guess this is more of an AAR...

During my Random games. I've noticed the clan tag [-I-]. If anyone hasn't noticed, that's Impact clan. Which I believe is led by @KamiSamurai (if incorrect, feel free to comment).

What's so special about that tag you ask? Well, one of our former clan members transferred over there, and made a home there or given a bunk bed who knows (He was our one and only regular CV player, and not too shabby either with it). So whenever I see any Impact clan members (same side or opposite), I made a point to acknowledge them with a kind greeting. As one should. This time, it was "[-I-]Caleb3477".

I've initiated the chat with "o7 Caleb", which was returned in kind. We quickly caught up about the player mentioned above, and Caleb3477 asked whether I would be interested in Divisioning up after the round. Which we did. He asked whether I had TS or Discord, since voice communication is much more efficient. Unfortunately, my mic wasn't unpacked. So I informed him that he could talk, and I could respond by typing or using in-game commands. So I joined his TS channel, and comms were good to go. 

We primarily played Tier 10 ships. Him using a Midway, me switching back and forth from Montana, and Yamato. Although we won some and lost some. What I really appreciated initially, (and throughout the following battles) was Caleb3477 suggesting that he could assist if I pinged a target. I really appreciated his offer, and replied to him; No worries, I'm okay, I'll call for help when desperate (I didn't want to keep him just being a shield for me, and not being able to do his thing). Even when he was doing his thing, he would give me heads up on things I've missed. Or crucial tactical decisions (which paid off). All done with ease, and with a positive tone. 

Honestly, this type of mindset is quite rare (in any battle modes) to find (for me at least).  It was refreshing to say the least.

So here's to you @Caleb3477, and if members of Impact are all like you.  I'm envious of the clan already. 

Great games, and looking forward to more in the future.

:cap_cool:

o7

• Cool 6

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

I was surprised reading one of you played EVE. I was in that game for the record. I used to play EVE quite a bit but after the $1000 pants scandal and the giveaways of things others were paying money for to the gambling sites I added that to the dead game bin. That company ignored, like others actually, the advice of genuine people intoxicated by the less than genuine mob and was told long ago the games future is being squandered away. There is no reason for EVE to be at it's current numbers and f2p model other than incompetence. 

Edited by _Caliph_

[NSEW]
Members
1,857 posts
10,690 battles

Hi @_Caliph_,

Were you in the battle that I was talking about above? Must've been, since I didn't mention EVE on this forum (only in the chat box). I was introduced to the game awhile back, but never really had the interest to get into it much. However, one of my former clan members (mentioned in the original post) plays that I hear. 

On the subject of F2P.  It is annoying to see a F2P model fail so horribly. Specially, due to lack of sincerely care for their customers/players. Companies that fail to understand that, anyone and everyone can have a "voice" these days and actually have a effect on the matter, to really have an impact for the company involved. It's a double edged sword. Technology giveth, and taketh equally. People can join in droves, or leave en masse.

Going back on topic, if you were in that battle. I'm guessing you were, which side were you on? The Midway or the Montana? :cap_win:

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
6 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hi @_Caliph_,

Were you in the battle that I was talking about above? Must've been, since I didn't mention EVE on this forum (only in the chat box). I was introduced to the game awhile back, but never really had the interest to get into it much. However, one of my former clan members (mentioned in the original post) plays that I hear. 

On the subject of F2P.  It is annoying to see a F2P model fail so horribly. Specially, due to lack of sincerely care for their customers/players. Companies that fail to understand that, anyone and everyone can have a "voice" these days and actually have a effect on the matter, to really have an impact for the company involved. It's a double edged sword. Technology giveth, and taketh equally. People can join in droves, or leave en masse.

Going back on topic, if you were in that battle. I'm guessing you were, which side were you on? The Midway or the Montana? :cap_win:

I was the Hakuryu. I was going to bring up EvE when you guys were talking but it turned into an old friends conversation and I noted you didn't really play it so I opted not to interrupt.

Edited by _Caliph_

[FEM]
Supertester
275 posts
8,851 battles

This was initially Kamisamurai's clan but he left (or had to leave) when he started working for Wargaing.
He's still in close contact with us though.

Edited by tmGrunty
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
26 posts
12,155 battles

@LowSpeed_US  Glad to hear this about our member.  Yes @KamiSamurai was the founder or [-I-] but had to leave as stated above.  I am currently the CO and always appreciate hearing good things.  Thanks and stop by TS for a div anytime!!

[NSEW]
Members
1,857 posts
10,690 battles
20 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

I was the Hakuryu. I was going to bring up EvE when you guys were talking but it turned into an old friends conversation and I noted you didn't really play it so I opted not to interrupt.

Oh right, I remember now. Thanks for the game.

[NSEW]
Members
1,857 posts
10,690 battles
14 minutes ago, Yotaman said:

@LowSpeed_US  Glad to hear this about our member.  Yes @KamiSamurai was the founder or [-I-] but had to leave as stated above.  I am currently the CO and always appreciate hearing good things.  Thanks and stop by TS for a div anytime!!

Hello @Yotaman,

Thanks for the information. Shame he left for the dark side ha! Congrats on your appointment, and thank you for the invitation.