You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Are any other CV players getting 0-damage incapacitations?

24 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts

I use the Tiny Tim rockets with my Midway and when shooting at DDs very rarely actually hit one. However, I always seem to get zero-damage incapacitations. Here, I have 5 incapacitations on a DD with no damage. Those two hits I got on the third attack run.

image.png.9bed424f2a37133b471c2475a0ef618d.png

I guess the splash of the Tiny Tims is considerable.

Edited by Snargfargle

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I use the Tiny Tim rockets with my Midway and when shooting at DDs very rarely actually hit one. However, I always seem to get a zero-damage incapacitations. Here, I have 5 incapacitations on a DD with no damage. Those two hits I got on the third attack run.

hmmmm cruisers and bb have had this issue for a long time...so...BALANCED

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
10 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

hmmmm cruisers and bb have had this issue for a long time...so...BALANCED

The questions was if any CV players were seeing it. I was wondering specifically about rockets.

• Meh 1

[-BN-]
129 posts
3,260 battles

yeah i had some with rockets and bombs, mostly against dds. it's annoying but i had this happen with my bbs in the past. so i just readjust my aim :Smile_smile:

[-SD]
Beta Testers
327 posts
4,288 battles

yea i get those too not sure if it just damage saturation ?

[-BUI-]
Members
2,021 posts
5,668 battles

When I was still playing re-worked CVs, yes....constantly.    I once took 3 runs at a DD with HE dive bombs, hit him with bombs all 3 times, zero damage, 8 incapacitations.   

Was part of the reason I stopped using them.

Edited by Zenn3k

[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles

I've seen this.

My assumption is that the rockets missed, and the splash damage was enough to incapacitate a module.

Idk

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The questions was if any CV players were seeing it. I was wondering specifically about rockets.

Yes.

[-BN-]
129 posts
3,260 battles
1 hour ago, Spartias said:

I've seen this.

My assumption is that the rockets missed, and the splash damage was enough to incapacitate a module.

Idk

pretty much this, or maybe the armor was strong enough to resist the explosion

Members
1,660 posts

From the other side, this happens with BB shells too.  The DD isn't actually hit by the rocket/shell/bomb, but it is close enough that the concussion/shockwave knocks out a module.  I've lost engines, guns, torpedo launchers, etc without ever actually being hit or losing any hp.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

All weapons using the "HE" model have a blast radius (which is  carry over from WOT) Tiny Tims and DBs have rather spectacularly large ones versus shells. You get these when near (ish) miss damages something with no or extra light armor like a turret (some which only have armor on front and sides on dds) torp tubes, or a rudder.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
3 minutes ago, lordkiller14 said:

pretty much this, or maybe the armor was strong enough to resist the explosion

I got to thinking about armor and rockets the other day. For instance, I don't think  rockets will do much to a Midway's deck as it has 87 mm armor plate and the Tiny Tims can only penetrate 68 mm. However, 68 mm penetration can easily make it's way through DD armor.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
5 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Tiny Tims and DBs have a rather spectacularly large [blast radius] versus shells. You get these when near (ish) miss damages something with no or extra light armor like a turret (some which only have armor on front and sides on dds) torp tubes, or a rudder.

This is probably the answer.

[HELLS]
Members
2,660 posts
27,026 battles

Does it at low tiers as well...getting it in Hermes if you can believe it with such low powered rockets. Have to be real close though or it is a clean miss.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
1 hour ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

From the other side, this happens with BB shells too.  The DD isn't actually hit by the rocket/shell/bomb, but it is close enough that the concussion/shockwave knocks out a module.  I've lost engines, guns, torpedo launchers, etc without ever actually being hit or losing any hp.

I've killed full-health DDs that way. It's happened a couple times, even: zero hits, but killed him anyway. Near miss, but it somehow detonated him. Hasn't happened since they changed the mechanic for detonations, though.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,571 posts
15,615 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I use the Tiny Tim rockets with my Midway and when shooting at DDs very rarely actually hit one. However, I always seem to get zero-damage incapacitations. Here, I have 5 incapacitations on a DD with no damage. Those two hits I got on the third attack run.

Not on the Midway, I don't have it. But Langley, Ranger, and Lexington my rocket planes are useless against DD's. Pretty much strictly dive bombers

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,321 posts
19,456 battles

It's just the standard HE module damage radius effect. Happens all the time on near misses with HE that land near the screws or rudder, for instance.

Here, you're hitting a turret usually.

Edited by Edgecase

Members
1,660 posts
8 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I've killed full-health DDs that way. It's happened a couple times, even: zero hits, but killed him anyway. Near miss, but it somehow detonated him. Hasn't happened since they changed the mechanic for detonations, though.

I believe you have to be under 75% health to detonate now.

[HINON]
Members
13,233 posts
3 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I believe you have to be under 75% health to detonate now.

Correct. Though it can happen in the same salvo as the first shells drop the ship below 75 percent and the next ones roll the detonation.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts

I want a junk icon to appear when I get a zero damage pen on a ship.  Like a park bench icon or a bicycle icon.  Something like that that just randomly pops up.

[SBS]
Members
5,896 posts
14 hours ago, Snargfargle said:
14 hours ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Tiny Tims and DBs have a rather spectacularly large [blast radius] versus shells. You get these when near (ish) miss damages something with no or extra light armor like a turret (some which only have armor on front and sides on dds) torp tubes, or a rudder.

This is probably the answer.

As Edgecase and Nightly news said its the HE blast radius (splash damage).  This blast radius only damages modules on near misses, or non-pen hits.  If the HE round is a pen there is no splash damage.  At least that is my understanding from the how it works video on HE.

Members
190 posts
5,024 battles

Sounds about right. I get no damage pens pretty regularly, often without even the incapacitation. All ships suffer from this.