You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Five T8 permacamos in arsenal for 15k coal

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

I'm sure many are aware of this, but I'm guessing many are not. I wasn't until I randomly started poking around the arsenal. 

The 2-year anniversary collection awards permacamos for the New Orleans, Charles Martel, Kiev, Z-23, and the Monarch.  There are 16 items in the collection, and only 2 dups are required for an item, so you're basically guaranteed to complete collection with 3 containers from the arsenal at 5k each.  You might get super lucky and only need 2 (there are 10 collection items in each crate). 

These permacamos are even better than the standard ones, as they give 50% FXP in addition to 50% XP. EDIT - It's actually 50% Commander XP and 50% FXP.  Not great for grinding.  Wish now I had saved the coal. 

I already had camo for the NO, but just started on the Martel and haven't even started the other ones.  I paid a lot more coal getting the special french captain from crates, so this seems a pretty good deal if you're grinding these lines. 

Edited by DouglasMacAwful
  • Cool 3

[NSC]
Members
210 posts
10,483 battles

Dumb question...would you have needed to be a member back then to be eligible?

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
Just now, __Dave said:

No.  I wasn't I don't think.  I got them a couple months ago with the OPs aforementioned "hack."
It's one of the best deal in the game since the normal 50%XP paint jobs are worthless once you've elited a ship.

• Cool 1

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

I wish they'd put the black camo for the Massachusetts in there.
I'd totally buy that, but not spending ANOTHER 80$ just for it (buying the black package when it comes up).

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
1 minute ago, __Dave said:

No.  I've only been playing for one year, and this event ended before I even signed up. 

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
210 posts
10,483 battles
1 minute ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

No.  I've only been playing for one year, and this event ended before I even signed up. 

Thank you gentlemen for responding...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
11 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

These permacamos are even better than the standard ones, as they give 50% FXP in addition to 50% XP.

It was Commander xp and Free xp last time I looked, which would make them no better than a boost to normal xp.

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
85 posts
12,915 battles

Do the camos show if you have filters for camo turned on. I have the silly space and Halloween stuff turned off and thus if I cant see the camo it cannot be used.

Edited by Targeted

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
4 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

It was Commander xp and Free xp last time I looked, which would make them no better than a boost to normal xp.

Oh crap, you're right. That stinks. Not that useful for grinding. Maybe good for playing first wins during 2x fxp events, or elite commander xp if you have 19 pointers on one of these I guess. Maybe if they put T8 operations out there again. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
9 minutes ago, Targeted said:

Do the camos show if you have filters for camo turned on. I have the silly space and Halloween stuff turned off and thus if I cant see the camo it cannot be used.

Not hidden by any special filters for space/'ween/weeb stuff.

It's just an ordinary camo.

image.thumb.png.33df795175b04cc0b2f8b23117229f18.png

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles

Sounds like a good deal. But, I think Ill just keep stockpiling my coal for the next arsenal boat that tickles my fancy. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,876 posts
16,329 battles

Here's the basic info for the camo if you're not sure what you would be getting ... I run it on my New Orleans only atm.

Edit: I just noticed something in the Wiki ... as mentioned by the OP,  you also get the camo for the Monarch for completing the entire collection.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage#Special_Camouflage

a.jpg

Edited by DocWalker