You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ghostryderflyby

CV's, yet again

17 comments in this topic

[JOV-]
Members
49 posts
8,620 battles

How exactly are we supposed to get 30 aircraft kills in COOP, since the heinous and horribly conceived CV update which fooooked CV play beyond recognition, and made me rage quit my Midway (2 years to work up the chain and real $$ to free up XP, thank you for f*cking that all up WoWS) and Saipan, when there are no enemy CV's in COOP anymore?? I'm 50 years old, don't care for trash talking, ultra comptetive 20's something's in random, and prefer COOP, and you've pretty much ruined this game for me with the CV update. I've been a loyal player for 2.5 years, and I'm about to "Tombstone" ("K, bye") this game, with how badly you've screwed it lately. Nicely done WarGaming. Not.  >:(

(bring on the flaming fanboys and WoWS paid trollers, because I know it's coming. You can't say anything negative about this game in the forums, without getting flamed big time)

WorldOfWarships 2019-03-07 17-55-10-38.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,939 battles
9 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

Adapt and overcome?

If only that were the problem. 

[-BUI-]
Members
2,021 posts
5,668 battles

Find best AA ship at T4, play it in random.    Complete plane mission in 1 or 2 games.   You literally can't NOT get a CV in the tier 4 bracket right now.

You can suffer random for 1 or 2 games.

Sorry playing against other humans is too difficult for ya.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles

If you are really wanting the Exeter, you may have to knuckle down and suffer the Random mode. 

For me it wasn't the Random mode, I'm just not the best cruiser captain. I kind of feel like I've failed my way through it. The 30 planes and the potential damage was tough going.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,446 posts
51 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Find best AA ship at T4, play it in random.    Complete plane mission in 1 or 2 games.   You literally can't NOT get a CV in the tier 4 bracket right now.

You can suffer random for 1 or 2 games.

Sorry playing against other humans is too difficult for ya.

Apparently you missed the mark just slightly... Tier V - Tier VIII US, UK, CmnWlth Destroyers/Cruisers only. Must be a type oh

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

I found they populate in low tier pretty nicely tbh

Members
627 posts
8,271 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostryderflyby said:

How exactly are we supposed to get 30 aircraft kills in COOP, since the heinous and horribly conceived CV update which fooooked CV play beyond recognition, and made me rage quit my Midway (2 years to work up the chain and real $$ to free up XP, thank you for f*cking that all up WoWS) and Saipan, when there are no enemy CV's in COOP anymore?? I'm 50 years old, don't care for trash talking, ultra comptetive 20's something's in random, and prefer COOP, and you've pretty much ruined this game for me with the CV update. I've been a loyal player for 2.5 years, and I'm about to "Tombstone" ("K, bye") this game, with how badly you've screwed it lately. Nicely done WarGaming. Not.  >:(

(bring on the flaming fanboys and WoWS paid trollers, because I know it's coming. You can't say anything negative about this game in the forums, without getting flamed big time)

As the vapid amongst us tend to say, "Git gud".

[-BUI-]
Members
2,021 posts
5,668 battles
18 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Apparently you missed the mark just slightly... Tier V - Tier VIII US, UK, CmnWlth Destroyers/Cruisers only. Must be a type oh

Oh rats, me dumb :cap_book:

[SIMP]
Members
1,520 posts

To the OP - I feel your pain (I'm a co-op main too)

I just finished that stupid requirement - by playing grinding the crap out of my New Orleans. It's a CA in the T5-8 range that the mission requires, plus it has fighters  - - which means the Match Maker mirrors it (most of the time), giving the opportunity to shoot down three enemy fighters. The New Orleans also has good AA making it easy (once in range) to knock down those enemy planes. The trick is to zerg straight at your mirror N.O. and launch fighters when you are within AA range. Most of the time this will trigger the bot N.O. to launch it's fighters in response (if they aren't on cooldown). You can't give a crap about anything else - you have to get close to your mirror ship (or any ship that carries fighters) and stay close to shoot down the planes.

Grinding it out this way (playing a ship with fighters) is still a huge pain in the butt, but makes it doable before the end of the month deadline.

The sad thing is.... YOU CAN'T COMPLETE THE MISSION IN CO-OP. The final requirement is 7 Battle Achievements, which can only be had in Random battles.

My hope is the Devs will correct their mistake and change the final requirement before the mission ends. Good luck to you.

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 2

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles

" I'm 50 years old, don't care for trash talking, ultra comptetive 20's something's in random, "

I also have a problem with trash talking so i play the game with chat disabled. I don't know what is happening in chat and i don't care.

Members
489 posts
15 hours ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

I like the rework but I agree that having a Kill 30 planes mission when those that play coop never see CV's is pretty shortsighted.

And people will claim CVs are overpowered hoping you don’t notice they’re hardly played at tier 8-10. 4 games see them once.  48 ships only 1 cv (one team).  This proves yet again devs have gimped them with the massive AA and overlapping immunity to carriers, and 2 updates now they haven’t even tried to fix it.  Amazing people with so much talent in graphics and game mechanics let a few clueless balancers “devs” ruin all their work. 

Not to mention what is now false advertising “we want players to play carriers again” which is now looking like a lie since they are leaving it broken for 2 updates now. 

Edited by SeigeTank2010
  • Boring 1

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles
15 hours ago, Ghostryderflyby said:

Getting 30 plane kills isn't tough. Get the T5 US DD (Nicholas), mount the AA mod in slot 3, and do Random matches. Her 5.8km long-range AA flak, when it hits, is effective. I completed the 30 plane kills in 3 random battles.

I'm sorry you feel excluded as a co-op main, but this and the 7 achievements are the only Random-focused parts. I'm sure you can handle that much in Random, rest is easy in co-op.

Heck, if you have a regular playing time (I'm in CST), I wouldn't mind division w/ you to help with Random.

[-N-]
Members
2,217 posts
14,703 battles
17 hours ago, Ghostryderflyby said:

Get a couple guys with Monties so the COOP team has Monties and you kill their fighter planes?