You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BenAubrey

Game ends with two bots at near full health...Score mech need a tweak?

29 comments in this topic

[TIRP]
Members
216 posts
11,781 battles

Noticed this a couple of times in the last week....this time game ending with two bots at near full health after 4 and a half minutes. I like them to be a bit more competitive than that..how about you lol?  I was tryin to figure out how the score got to zero with the bot CL and a BB still afloat.  Maybe score mechanism needs a tweak?!

Edited by BenAubrey
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,548 posts
8,473 battles

If you are in domination mode with 3 caps, and the bots don't take any of the caps, you can zero them out even if you lose a ship while they still have ships alive.

[TIRP]
Members
216 posts
11,781 battles

Another game.....4:16.....two bot BB untouched....played alot of CoOp and don't remember this ever happening as often as it has in the last week...just sayin'

No big deal...just move on to the next game.  At least once a week, I try to take out all of the ships I don't play regularly and give em a sail....guess it will just be quicker this week.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
11,302 battles

that happens a lot when there are good players on the team that know what the hell they are doing.  

• Cool 2

Members
1,935 posts
9,155 battles
11 hours ago, Shinnidan said:

that happens a lot when there are good players on the team that know what the hell they are doing.  

Happens a lot at high tiers b/c damage is so high. 

The "mercy" rule really does need to be removed from co-op. 

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
11,302 battles
6 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

Happens a lot at high tiers b/c damage is so high. 

The "mercy" rule really does need to be removed from co-op. 

However, i do agree that it with in terms of Co-op games.  that ruling needs to be turned off.  

many a times when i'm just about get that killing blow...the game end before that salvo lands...really really messed up...!

Members
120 posts
5,089 battles

I would really like the mercy rule to be removed too! I was just about to get a ton of points today as eight of my DD torps were about to hit a full health BB but the game ended because of the mercy rule. Ugh!!

• Cool 2

[KRON]
[KRON]
Members
95 posts
3,099 battles

I'll add my .025 (2 cents adjusted for inflation) and say yes please make coop not stop a battle because the bots don't have points.

• Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
996 posts
10,050 battles

I suggested in another place... if the points reach ZERO all remaining Bot HP should simply be divided between the winning team members as spoils of war.

Now we can fight over how to divide.

Divide by 8 or divide by surviving player count. Divide evenly or divide as %age of earned Damage by each player.

With this we could close one complaint box here by opening another one of Pandora's Boxes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

Happened 5x in 10 games tonight... and with the multitude of DDs running amok, the mercy rule needs to be removed asap.
Anything is better than now...  But I'd rather it just be removed so we keep fighting.
I like the spoils of war Idea, but I'd prefer the match not just ending instead.

• Cool 2

Members
588 posts
4,123 battles
17 hours ago, freggo said:

I suggested in another place... if the points reach ZERO all remaining Bot HP should simply be divided between the winning team members as spoils of war.

Now we can fight over how to divide.

Divide by 8 or divide by surviving player count. Divide evenly or divide as %age of earned Damage by each player.

With this we could close one complaint box here by opening another one of Pandora's Boxes.

This sounds good.  Except, let's not divide by 8.  There are some "players" that don't deserve the reward for just being in the battle.  Same could go for surviving player option, just because you are still afloat doesn't mean you have contributed. Sorry all you slow BBs.  I feel the pain every time I take one of the American BBs out and don't get into position until everything is already over.

I think I prefer the percentage of damage earned by each player.  This will at least reward the players who have accomplished something.  Maybe base XP could be used instead of damage?

[A-O]
Members
996 posts
10,050 battles
21 minutes ago, HayabusaZ said:

This sounds good.  Except, let's not divide by 8.  There are some "players" that don't deserve the reward for just being in the battle.  Same could go for surviving player option, just because you are still afloat doesn't mean you have contributed. Sorry all you slow BBs.  I feel the pain every time I take one of the American BBs out and don't get into position until everything is already over.

I think I prefer the percentage of damage earned by each player.  This will at least reward the players who have accomplished something.  Maybe base XP could be used instead of damage?

and Pandora's Box is open for business :-)

"Maybe base XP could be used"  I like that idea actually !

Members
1,935 posts
9,155 battles
23 hours ago, freggo said:

Just remove 0 points as a loss condition in co-op and let the match continue until all ships are dead, time is up or the counter reaches 1000. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,462 posts
24,625 battles

Enable Hard Mode, 8 v 10. 

Enable Really Hard Mode 8 v 12

Enable Bloody Stupid (but it's good for a laugh)  Mode 8 v 16

As well as getting rid of the mercy rule.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,697 posts
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, Gen_Saris said:

Just remove 0 points as a loss condition in co-op and let the match continue until all ships are dead, time is up or the counter reaches 1000. 

Exactly this.  There's no reason for it, it's not like we're hurting the bots' feelings or wasting the bots' time.

[_EASY]
Members
276 posts
13,357 battles
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, Gen_Saris said:

Yep.

How hard could it be....

[_EASY]
Members
276 posts
13,357 battles
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Efros said:

That could be fun...

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,256 battles
On 5/21/2019 at 4:01 PM, Efros said:

This is only good if you play with your clan

Otherwise you just put more play mode and make game wait time longer.

Or you can end with 2 player vs 22 bot with 30 sec. wait as is now.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,462 posts
24,625 battles

Sometimes solo human games are very enjoyable, and lucrative.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,256 battles
32 minutes ago, Efros said:

Sometimes solo human games are very enjoyable, and lucrative.

Yes..... sometimes........😉

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,697 posts

Another alternative solution is to reduce the number of points lost for each ship that sinks, so that it's impossible for 8 sinkings to reduce a team to 0 points. 

[-BD-]
Members
7 posts
2,584 battles
On 3/7/2019 at 5:08 PM, BenAubrey said:

Noticed this a couple of times in the last week....this time game ending with two bots at near full health after 4 and a half minutes. I like them to be a bit more competitive than that..how about you lol?  I was tryin to figure out how the score got to zero with the bot CL and a BB still afloat.  Maybe score mechanism needs a tweak?!

This has been happening for a while now. even worse with latest update. It will not be fixed. Just like the bots going random crazy and taking zero damage. wows dose not care about the player they are to big to care. For every player who finds the truth (WOW~S dose not care) 10 more join to be deceived 

[A-D-F]
Members
1,160 posts
10,374 battles

WG's definition of a co-operative game mode:

You and up to 23 other players/bots compete for points. To make it more "fun and engaging" there is a mechanism theoretically called "teams" whereby half of the ships will award you penalty points for damaging them.(in some cases, it may seem both necessary & worth it to do so. . .)

WG has no incentive to let you score more points in co-op. Co-op must have limited usefulness for XP grinding, or there would be less incentive for the fun that is randoms. 

Co-op must suck and give little payout; so that you play randoms and really hate life. The hate/frustration will in WG's theory, make you buy stuff.