Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CmdrKevin15

USS Wichita & active damage control.

4 comments in this topic

[NAS]
Members
6 posts
29,292 battles

I run the USS Wichita and the HMS Exeter.

Both are fine Heavy Cruisers during WW2. Unfortunately the HMS Exeter met up with 4 Japanese Destroyers in 1942 and was sunk. She was just a little out numbered - Huh? [Real WW2 Naval History]  USS Wichita survived WW2 and was a highly decorated US Heavy Cruiser after her time in the Pacific Theater vs. the IJN. One tough Heavy US Cruiser..

Why doesn't the USS Wichita have an active Damage Control Party like the German CA- Prinz Eugen? I do not know. I wish this US Cruiser DID have an active Damage Control Party set up--- A LOT.. I truly enjoy running the USS Wichita. I have had to run away from a few nasty Battleships, due to the fact that I had no active Damage Control Parties. If I had stuck around my Wichita would have been sunk in short order. Not a good deal for my Cruiser and her crew. Even IF my team does win the battle, I do not like being SUNK like that -- needlessly. SUNK in a good gun fight with my Cruiser, it happens.. BUT NOT needlessly wasted and sunk quickly.. I like to fight smart and have my Naval Vessel go back to port safe--- IF this is possible..  But YES--  USS Wichita DOES need an active Damage Control Party.

I got the USS Alaska a short time ago now. She also is a fine BattleCruiser/Large Cruiser. The Alaska Class CB/CA is a one tough BattleCruiser, however do not try to take on a nasty Battleship ALONE. Join your allied vessels when doing so. I have my Alaska Class CB set up with the main 12 Inch Guns ready for a RAPID reloading time.  One of the updates available for 3 Million Credits, I took it!  It really helps out a lot at times.

I hope WOW considers producing the HMS Renown-- A rebuilt and updated British Large BattleCruiser. She survived WW2. Her sistership HMS Repulse DID NOT survive WW2. Repulse was sunk by the Japanese early in WW2. However the HMS Renonwn was rebuilt & modernized & upgraded in many important ways. She is an very mean and cool looking British BattleCruiser. She is armed with 3 main turrets- with 6- 15 Inch Guns. Nothing to laugh at for a BattleCruiser.  Like the HMS Hood in the same way, I run the Hood as well. Another fine UK BattleCruiser.

K. Beecher

[NAS]
Members
6 posts
29,292 battles

I have not got it right (YET), on the tabs however... It says I am a Seaman Recruit, wrong.. Oh well!!  No big deal. My base is: NAS Norfolk w 34 of 40 great teammates. I am a truly (fortunate & blessed) Base Commander with 34 awesome people on our base.. Just keeping things accurate..

I have tried running the CVAs recently with the new updates & WOW reworking. It is more than challenging. I truly miss the CVAs in the battles, with the active AA Guns + usage of the ship's AA scores. That was real. I liked it a lot. In many a sea battle now these recent days, I have NOT seen a single CVA. Quite a few WOW Commanders have SOLD their Carriers -- OUTRIGHT.. They were very angry about the WOW CVA reworking.  I have NOT hit that point as yet. I am still after the 3 British Carriers, hoping I get the Carriers to be enjoyable to run again. So far I have the HMS Hermes & Furious. COOL looking British Carriers!!!  Soon to have the Tier 8 HMS Implacable. Still working on that Carrier presently. The (My) outdated computer graphics card (or something) else on my internet speed has made it impossible to run any of my Carriers thus far. The aircraft are out of control and chaotic. The Carrier runs fine. NOT the aircraft.

KB

[ALLY]
Members
269 posts
18,410 battles
On 3/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, CmdrKevin said:

I have not got it right (YET), on the tabs however... It says I am a Seaman Recruit, wrong.. Oh well!!  No big deal. My base is: NAS Norfolk w 34 of 40 great teammates. I am a truly (fortunate & blessed) Base Commander with 34 awesome people on our base.. Just keeping things accurate..

I have tried running the CVAs recently with the new updates & WOW reworking. It is more than challenging. I truly miss the CVAs in the battles, with the active AA Guns + usage of the ship's AA scores. That was real. I liked it a lot. In many a sea battle now these recent days, I have NOT seen a single CVA. Quite a few WOW Commanders have SOLD their Carriers -- OUTRIGHT.. They were very angry about the WOW CVA reworking.  I have NOT hit that point as yet. I am still after the 3 British Carriers, hoping I get the Carriers to be enjoyable to run again. So far I have the HMS Hermes & Furious. COOL looking British Carriers!!!  Soon to have the Tier 8 HMS Implacable. Still working on that Carrier presently. The (My) outdated computer graphics card (or something) else on my internet speed has made it impossible to run any of my Carriers thus far. The aircraft are out of control and chaotic. The Carrier runs fine. NOT the aircraft.

KB

Commander,

The rank of Seaman Recruit is based off of the number of posts you have on the site not your real rank.  You may already have learned this and if that is so sorry for the redundancy.  Thank you for your thoughts on the ships and history.  If you are in the US Navy, thank you for your service.

C130 signing out

[FML]
Members
3,939 posts
15,471 battles
On 3/8/2019 at 10:15 AM, CmdrKevin said:

Why doesn't the USS Wichita have an active Damage Control Party like the German CA- Prinz Eugen?

Commander, 

The reason is primarily balance. When testing the ship, WG decided that Wichita was performing fine without a heal. Not all T8 cruisers have heals - eg, Hipper - and so if another premium ship had heals then it would overperform tech tree ships. 

In this game, WG aims for realism right up until realism would trump balance. Balance is important for games’ sustainability. 

Sign in to follow this