Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

Hood Quest?

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

11,976
[ARGSY]
Members
20,061 posts
14,295 battles

Are you implying that you got yours in one? If so, this is good news. I expect a vanishingly small drop rate from those. Chances are I will probably get the Edinburgh one, which would be an empty victory as I already have the Minotaur - although I certainly wouldn't be upset with the duplicate credits it would give me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,037
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,799 battles

Random drop from an Air drop container. There are four of them. Grats! make sure to get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
943
[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you implying that you got yours in one? If so, this is good news. I expect a vanishingly small drop rate from those. Chances are I will probably get the Edinburgh one, which would be an empty victory as I already have the Minotaur - although I certainly wouldn't be upset with the duplicate credits it would give me.

Yeah it was just a regular container from Fly Strike Win. Didn't buy it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,976
[ARGSY]
Members
20,061 posts
14,295 battles
Just now, Sumseaman said:

Yeah it was just a regular container from Fly Strike Win. Didn't buy it.

Congratulations, then - whatever anyone might say about the Hood, you just got yourself a free Tier VII premium battleship (if you didn't already have it) and an easy ticket (if you didn't already have it) to one directive task per day (once you have ground out the base XP).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,568
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
11 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Anyone gotten one of these? Didn't think they dropped in regular containers.

40.jpg

11 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I want one??? Where/How do you get them??

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/fly-strike-win/#containers

 

8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you implying that you got yours in one? If so, this is good news. I expect a vanishingly small drop rate from those. Chances are I will probably get the Edinburgh one, which would be an empty victory as I already have the Minotaur - although I certainly wouldn't be upset with the duplicate credits it would give me.

Yes, someone got one on Wed or Thu last week before the Air Supply containers showed up in the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
943
[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Congratulations, then - whatever anyone might say about the Hood, you just got yourself a free Tier VII premium battleship (if you didn't already have it) and an easy ticket (if you didn't already have it) to one directive task per day (once you have ground out the base XP).

Thanks. I have the DoY so I didn't really need this but I would prefer Hood over it. Yes the DoY has proven and will prove helpful for the Exeter marathon. I think WG is trolling players by putting the Edinburgh in these! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Sumseaman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,486
[CAST]
Members
4,990 posts
3,513 battles
6 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Thanks. I have the DoY so I didn't really need this but I would prefer Hood over it. Yes the DoY has proven and will prove helpful for the Exeter marathon. I think WG is trolling players by putting the Edinburgh in these! :Smile_teethhappy:

Curiously, the only ship I got was Edinburgh... but I also have all the RN premiums other than DoY, so that's expected.

In my case, I did not mind. I had the Fiji, so I basically short cutted some grind by just dropping my captain into the fully upgraded free Edinburgh. Saved me some 10+ million credits worth of ship and modules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,265 battles

Very cool ... Gratz.  But I'm jealous and want a Hood myself.  I did get the Edinburgh in my first free container.

Bought the 5 pack ... no ships.  Clan mate bought the 5 pack ... Hood.  

Maybe if I sacrifice some the headless chickens running around to RNGesus ... hmmm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
18 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Thanks. I have the DoY so I didn't really need this but I would prefer Hood over it. Yes the DoY has proven and will prove helpful for the Exeter marathon. I think WG is trolling players by putting the Edinburgh in these! :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah maybe they are trolling since if a player does not have a lot of CA experience, including experience gained grinding up the RN CL line, then they will be cannon fodder for the red team. Although Edinburgh and Vanguard are the only 2 ships that can be gained from event that I do not have. I have all the rest of the RN Premium ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,703
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts

They are from the FSW containers.  I got the hood out of one the premium containers but they can drop in the regular ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
68 posts
7,857 battles

I got the Duke of York quest after I spent $15.00 on Air Drop Crates. A good investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[SF-13]
Members
664 posts
5,421 battles
40 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/fly-strike-win/#containers

 

Yes, someone got one on Wed or Thu last week before the Air Supply containers showed up in the shop.

Yeah think that was me. Got it in my first air drop container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,568
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
18 minutes ago, KiwiColdbeer said:

Yeah think that was me. Got it in my first air drop container.

Yeah, I think it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,524
[HINON]
Members
13,250 posts

Congratulations, you will acquire the best tea making facilities ever put onto sea.

 

 

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,265 battles
1 hour ago, SirGerg said:

I got the Duke of York quest after I spent $15.00 on Air Drop Crates. A good investment. gamble.

Fixed that for you. :Smile_veryhappy:

On a serious note, Gratz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
68 posts
7,857 battles
14 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Fixed that for you. :Smile_veryhappy:

On a serious note, Gratz!

LOL!

I stand corrected. Thanks

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[HAP-F]
Members
47 posts
4,557 battles

Yes I got one of these ship quest missions. However It was for the Duke of York and the irony of that was that I ALREADY HAD THAT SHIP. I would have preferred the Hood quest and still hope to get it but having a quest drop from a container and be for the one ship that I already owned was just simple bad luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×