You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Fun and engaging!

28 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,894 posts
5,627 battles

So Dr_Venture returns to World of Warships for a few games...got the baby wiener dog in my lap...cup of coffee in hand...log in to play with @Webbiefor a bit. 

So lets talk about this whole CV thing...why do I even bother to play them when the Tier 8 will see heavy cruiser MM and Tier 10 most of the time? I mean Webbie got thrown on the other team and I'm in my new Lexington...and it's literally us screaming into the discord "WOOOOOSTER!" 

Eventually it devolved into me trying to speed through flak trying to hit Webbie for the minimal troll damage...and throwing insults at the super tier X AA cruisers who glue themselves to rocks and seem to have SAMs.

Match ends with both of us on the bottom in tier 8 CV's "So ugh, this is kinda embarrassing." 

I suppose the point here...is perhaps they should increase the size of the attackers. I dare say if AA will be so strong you need more bodies to actually get through...or tier lock MM for carriers. I mean I like the mechanics, it was fun, it was new, it was exciting...the AA visually looks fun...then I realize I'm actually not even getting through to the target and I'm RAPIDLY deplaned....

but hey my Mudtrooper armor is coming along great guys!

• Cool 1

[DUMPY]
[DUMPY]
Members
329 posts
8,209 battles

My suggestion is when CV's are bottom tier in a match, they dynamically adjust the respawn (regen) rate of planes for that CV an additional 10% - 20% for that match as your going to have a hard time having full squads of planes in the air the whole game, if at all. 

Edited by digitaljustice

[REEF]
Beta Testers
894 posts
10,747 battles

RAPIDLY deplaned, yep, that pretty much sums it up for me as well!  Add in Dive Bombers, bring your entire wing right over the target and get them all shot down, try to hold the out some so, it's not so bad and you can't reach the target!  :Smile-angry:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,819 battles

Increased tension is exciting! 

[A-D-F]
7,520 posts
16 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

So Dr_Venture returns to World of Warships for a few games...got the baby wiener dog in my lap...cup of coffee in hand...log in to play with @Webbiefor a bit. 

So lets talk about this whole CV thing...why do I even bother to play them when the Tier 8 will see heavy cruiser MM and Tier 10 most of the time? I mean Webbie got thrown on the other team and I'm in my new Lexington...and it's literally us screaming into the discord "WOOOOOSTER!" 

Eventually it devolved into me trying to speed through flak trying to hit Webbie for the minimal troll damage...and throwing insults at the super tier X AA cruisers who glue themselves to rocks and seem to have SAMs.

Match ends with both of us on the bottom in tier 8 CV's "So ugh, this is kinda embarrassing." 

I suppose the point here...is perhaps they should increase the size of the attackers. I dare say if AA will be so strong you need more bodies to actually get through...or tier lock MM for carriers. I mean I like the mechanics, it was fun, it was new, it was exciting...the AA visually looks fun...then I realize I'm actually not even getting through to the target and I'm RAPIDLY deplaned....

but hey my Mudtrooper armor is coming along great guys!

I am not saying things are perfectly balanced and don't need adjusted, they do, but you have played a grand total of 2 games in your new Lex and no other CV games in the rework. 

Maybe some practice and learning about the new system first before posting criticism.  There is a lot to learn.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
12 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Did you get a new puppy?

[WUDPS]
5,894 posts
5,627 battles
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Did you get a new puppy?

Nah he's just 8 pounds and is 3 years old, I call him the baby wiener dog, or little dude. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WUDPS]
5,894 posts
5,627 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I am not saying things are perfectly balanced and don't need adjusted, they do, but you have played a grand total of 2 games in your new Lex and no other CV games in the rework. 

Maybe some practice and learning about the new system first before posting criticism.  There is a lot to learn.

I see your point there, but I've played this game enough to know when something is fun and what isn't. I mean you really can't get close to high tier ships when they have one of the MANY AA cruisers in the game hanging out near them. 

[A-D-F]
7,520 posts
16 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I see your point there, but I've played this game enough to know when something is fun and what isn't. I mean you really can't get close to high tier ships when they have one of the MANY AA cruisers in the game hanging out near them. 

I agree, layered AA of several ships is a ball of death to planes.  The current strategy is to avoid large groups of ships if at all possible and attack lone ships.  You also need to learn what ships are a danger and what ones are not.  The AA stats don't always tell the whole story. 

You have to work to put up good numbers in CVs now, which is how it should be.  With some practice though, it is not all doom and gloom and fun can be had.  Continued adjustment is needed and will happen but personally, I love my new CVs and the new play style is much more fun.

You don't have to agree with me, but consider giving it a fair chance before you make up your mind. 

[A-D-F]
7,520 posts

Oh also, CVs themselves have some pretty good AA now and they put out fires and floods automatically very quickly.  Attacking the red CV unless it is the only target left, is not a great use of your planes.  CV sniping by the enemy CV is mostly a thing of days gone by.

• Cool 2

[A-CUP]
Members
1,023 posts
8,232 battles

I think they should implement this buff. If a CV gets uptiered, say T8 CV gets matched with T10,  the plane regeneration penalty is decreased. Thus will enable for more rapid deployment (excluding prem CV). Same goes for T6 CV in T8. Of course this rule wont apply when CV are T10 and CV's that are top tier in there game.

This will compensate, IMO, the sledge hammer nerf that the CV recieved against up tier ships and heavy AA ships.

Edited by Poisonous_Lily

[MALD]
Members
1,729 posts
13,381 battles
34 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

You can thank the DD mafia for the current state of CVs... I would not expect any major buffs anytime in the future

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
7,520 posts
5 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

You can thank the DD mafia for the current state of CVs... I would not expect any major buffs anytime in the future

The higher tier IJN CVs got a pretty serious buff just yesterday. Not necessarily against DDs, but it was a substantial buff to their torpedo planes.

[OBS]
Members
16 posts
7,015 battles

Agree, they need to find a way to make carriers more useful when they are bottom tier, I play my t6 carriers and surprise! massachusetts, Bismarck, double Atlanta and Kidd on the enemy team. Most planes get destroyed before I can get close enough to do minimum damage... Best you can do is harass some dds and spot.

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
9 minutes ago, Zywl said:

Agree, they need to find a way to make carriers more useful when they are bottom tier, I play my t6 carriers and surprise! massachusetts, Bismarck, double Atlanta and Kidd on the enemy team. Most planes get destroyed before I can get close enough to do minimum damage... Best you can do is harass some dds and spot.

I had a hard time this last 2 days with the Ranger trying to make that ship work. The AA is just to powerful in sime ships and if they are together there is a little i can do to help the team.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles
31 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

I would hardly blame the DD mafia for the overall changes, because they released the first version of CV's that were utterly broken (Hak) that people rose up and complained about them. 

As far as their current state goes, that is purely on WG, and their sledge hammer tactics of finding balance, and seeing the CV balancing act is not finished yet, no one knows exactly what they will end up like.

But in all seriousness, only blaming the DDmafia is pretty one sided, and if you didn't see the issues at hand as to why the CV needed changes, then there is not much anyone can say to you.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

and if you didn't see the issues at hand as to why the CV needed changes, then there is not much anyone can say to you.

They never needed changes, they only needed a MM monitor to keep things even. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
51 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The higher tier IJN CVs got a pretty serious buff just yesterday. Not necessarily against DDs, but it was a substantial buff to their torpedo planes.

That was more of a de-nerfing than a buff as it took extremely long attack runs and even the tiniest course adjustment would destroy your aiming.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

They never needed changes, they only needed a MM monitor to keep things even. 

So you were fine with them being the way they were at 8.0,  being all over powered and such, blame the people breaking them to the extreme showing WG that "hey I can do 500k damage in a game" so of course they're going to change it.

There is also a thing about player quality, and with CV's a bad one shows through so much more than any other ship class, I mean if you sucked before at CV's you most likely still would, because that bad player still never understood priority of target.

As far as the MM goes, its working as intended, that's WG deal and it won't matter what is said they will  never change the way their MM works, I always say, when a T8 ship has T6 in it, do they ever worry about those ships when they're killing them, I doubt it.

Complaining about being the lower tier in a match shouldn't matter what your ship your in, the MM is still working the way it should.  If your in a CV, thats the risk you take when you hit the battle button.

[A-D-F]
7,520 posts
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That was more of a de-nerfing than a buff as it took extremely long attack runs and even the tiniest course adjustment would destroy your aiming.

Correct, I would consider that a great improvement of it's previous state.  It also had additions to the number of ready torp planes on deck.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Correct, I would consider that a great improvement of it's previous state.  It also had additions to the number of ready torp planes on deck.

That gave them the ability to launch a second full TB strike even if the other strike is not back yet.

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

So you were fine with them being the way they were at 8.0,  being all over powered and such, blame the people breaking them to the extreme showing WG that "hey I can do 500k damage in a game" so of course they're going to change it.

There is also a thing about player quality, and with CV's a bad one shows through so much more than any other ship class, I mean if you sucked before at CV's you most likely still would, because that bad player still never understood priority of target.

As far as the MM goes, its working as intended, that's WG deal and it won't matter what is said they will  never change the way their MM works, I always say, when a T8 ship has T6 in it, do they ever worry about those ships when they're killing them, I doubt it.

Complaining about being the lower tier in a match shouldn't matter what your ship your in, the MM is still working the way it should.  If your in a CV, thats the risk you take when you hit the battle button.

whoa Nellie...! I was referring to before any of the cv changes happened.

I don't know what you are rambling about, but.... how hard would it be to look at skill at one position and match it up? If they have to wait.. so be it. There are hundreds of other ships they can play.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

how hard would it be to look at skill at one position and match it up

WG will never do skill based MM, people forever asking for it need to understand that.  The closet thing to skill based MM is CB

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

WG will never do skill based MM, people forever asking for it need to understand that.  The closet thing to skill based MM is CB

So it exists? it also exits in ranked...(somewhat) It can be done. Don't fight it. Embrace it, had WG embraced it.. we wouldn't be in this mess.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

The only way to handle CVs is to completely remove them, and fully compensate all DD mains with credits and free experience for past damages XD