You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mothermoy

Let's compromise on the Missouri.

88 comments in this topic

[OBS]
Members
348 posts
1,071 battles

For me anyway as an American, this is one of the most iconic ships ever to sail, right along side the Constitution and the Enterprise. So let's compromise. Slap black camo on that rascal, give it the same credit earnings of the Bart or Alaska, call it the Missouri b and put it in the shop for 80 bucks. It's a part of our history and I'd love to have some version of it without having to spend 500 bucks on santa crates.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

I’ll just futilely pray to the RNG gods of PC gamedom that I’ll get a supercrate and then do so again and hope for a Missouri. I really want that ship too. Just not in all black. 

[WMD]
Members
1,618 posts
9,704 battles
4 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Why not just put in a New Jersey with normal credit earnings?

Because the surrender of Japan wasn't signed on the deck of the New Jersey is one arguement.

• Cool 13

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

I guess we could also ask if a USS Washington premium will ever come out seeing as it was (debatable) the only US battleship to sink an enemy battleship in WW2

plus just the history behind it and the battle it fought in

• Cool 3

[WOOK3]
Members
4,212 posts
3,235 battles
Just now, VeatherVitch said:

Because the surrender of Japan wasn't signed on the deck of the New Jersey is one arguement.

New Jersey has more battle stars is the counter argument. She served in more battles and more wars than any other BB in the USN

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace6steel said:

I guess we could also ask if a USS Washington premium will ever come out seeing as it was (debatable) the only US battleship to sink an enemy battleship in WW2

plus just the history behind it and the battle it fought in

Must have Radar though, or 2.0 sigma to represent accurate shooting.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,339 posts
7,483 battles
8 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

That's only because Truman took over after FDR died and he was from Independence, MO. FDR was likely going to send Iowa, based on what I've heard. I tend to think of the MO as a bit of a glory hog, considering that she's considered the iconic one, yet NJ and Iowa did more both during and after the war. I felt quite guilty after selling off my Iowa last night to help fund the acquisition of Montana, while still hanging on to MO for reasons obvious. I plan to get Iowa back just as soon as I've got the credits built back up for it. It was at least useful to have 2 Iowa class ships at the same time to try out two competing builds against each other to see which one would be better for Monty, Iowa was reload focused, MO was accuracy, accuracy won, but the reload build wasn't bad by any means, just more situational.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222
  • Cool 3

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
8 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

And because Cher didn't shake her skanky [edited] on the deck of the New Jersey in a  music video .  Why the Navy ever permitted that is beyond me.

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles
22 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

For me anyway as an American, this is one of the most iconic ships ever to sail, right along side the Constitution and the Enterprise. So let's compromise. Slap black camo on that rascal, give it the same credit earnings of the Bart or Alaska, call it the Missouri b and put it in the shop for 80 bucks. It's a part of our history and I'd love to have some version of it without having to spend 500 bucks on santa crates.

possibly some gold bling on the hull like the Worcester? noice…..

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,870 battles
22 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

I understand the the iconic argument - that makes sense to me. But if you're going to argue that you need access to the iconic ship, then why would you slap a fake black camo on it? If you're so willing to change its appearance to get it in game, why don't you just put a stick note on your monitor that says "Missouri"?

To be clear, I'd support bringing back the Might MO for sale/unlock so long as it doesn't have the credit multiplier, and players who have the current version keep the current version - but to do claim history and then stuff non-history into it just doesnt make sense.

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles
16 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I’ll just futilely pray to the RNG gods of PC gamedom that I’ll get a supercrate and then do so again and hope for a Missouri. I really want that ship too. Just not in all black. 

I hope you get it. It's simply worth having for so many reasons.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles
14 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Must have Radar though, or 2.0 sigma to represent accurate shooting.

I can go with that

Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles
27 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

At first I thought this was a joke, now I realize you are serious. Just another idea WG.

Put up an auction house....its the best part of Warcraft.... Idea trademarked. I would sell some ships, WG can take a 10% cut...

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,889 battles

First of all: the "black" version would lead to another forum rampage because people want her with a normal camo.

Second: the main reason people were after her was the credit earnings, not Cher, "John Doe" or the signing of the Japanese surrender

Third: the premium camo of the Iowa looks the same like the camo for the Missouri, so ask WG for adding the name Missouri on it, buy the camo and you are done.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,356 posts
15,768 battles
40 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

Great Idea. Also incredibly easy since the credit potential is linked to the camo not the ship. So..... yeah would be cake.

Beta Testers
3,106 posts
25,887 battles
2 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

Nope

• Meh 1

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,297 battles

Simply charge 2 million FXP for it, people will still grind/buy it

[PHU]
Members
204 posts
4,769 battles

As a collector, I wouldn't want it if it only came with the black camo. I would be happy with New Jersey.

Members
1,354 posts
1,286 battles

There are now people asking WG to let them pay them $80 for a clone ship that simply has a radar instead of a plane,  with the credit printing potential removed. To all of you who have stuck up for WG's over-the-top pricing on premium ships, this is the fruit of your labor. 

Seriously, the Missouri is nothing special.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
11,302 battles
2 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

i like that...i've been saying i want NJ for a long while now...lol 

[OBS]
Members
348 posts
1,071 battles
3 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

I don't want the new jersey i want the missouri

[OBS]
Members
348 posts
1,071 battles
2 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

First of all: the "black" version would lead to another forum rampage because people want her with a normal camo.

Second: the main reason people were after her was the credit earnings, not Cher, "John Doe" or the signing of the Japanese surrender

Third: the premium camo of the Iowa looks the same like the camo for the Missouri, so ask WG for adding the name Missouri on it, buy the camo and you are done.

I'm a history nerd. Maybe it's just me, but I want her for what she represents, those who don't learn from history are dommed to repeat it and all that.....

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
348 posts
1,071 battles
22 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

There are now people asking WG to let them pay them $80 for a clone ship that simply has a radar instead of a plane,  with the credit printing potential removed. To all of you who have stuck up for WG's over-the-top pricing on premium ships, this is the fruit of your labor. 

Seriously, the Missouri is nothing special.

To this American, she is very special and I would love to drive her....