Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheYamato

So discouraging

7 comments in this topic

[KE]
Members
67 posts
3,022 battles

As much as I loved the Pan-Asian line, the idea of grinding and grinding the Chung Mu to get something as subpar as the Yueyang just sapped me of any desire to keep on going with the Pan-Asian line. I loved the Gadjah Mada, and will probably buy her once I've sold the Chung Mu, but I loved everything from T7 to T9 - okay 4 guns at T8 was sort of cringe but it still worked great. 

It really saps hope that you grind a line to end up with a ship so ill-equipped for high-tier battles. There are literally 3 ships I would even dare to shoot even if I did use the gimmick to radar them. They're just not competitive at all versus other destroyers, especially in solo knife fights, which used to be its bread and butter.

Yueyang does me a big sad.

Members
1,596 posts
25,089 battles

I'm enjoying my T9's.... I have a couple of T10's, but they have less than 30 games total on them.

[LOU1]
Members
4,170 posts
12,073 battles
55 minutes ago, TheYamato said:

As much as I loved the Pan-Asian line, the idea of grinding and grinding the Chung Mu to get something as subpar as the Yueyang just sapped me of any desire to keep on going with the Pan-Asian line. I loved the Gadjah Mada, and will probably buy her once I've sold the Chung Mu, but I loved everything from T7 to T9 - okay 4 guns at T8 was sort of cringe but it still worked great. 

It really saps hope that you grind a line to end up with a ship so ill-equipped for high-tier battles. There are literally 3 ships I would even dare to shoot even if I did use the gimmick to radar them. They're just not competitive at all versus other destroyers, especially in solo knife fights, which used to be its bread and butter.

Yueyang does me a big sad.

Is it from playing it on the test server that you don’t like the feel of it?

It seems to be performing in-game pretty well.  Out of 8 Tier 9 DDs on the live server:

It is third behind a Daring (53.03) and Khab(52.89) in WR (52.6%).

Third behind Khab and Harugumo in Damage (55k).

Third behind Khab and Daring in K/D (1.69).

Third behind Daring (.91) and Harumo (.90) in avg Frags (.89).

Disclaimer: I don’t plan on getting her because I don’t enjoy PA DDs.

• Cool 1

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,591 posts
19,610 battles
18 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Is it from playing it on the test server that you don’t like the feel of it?

It seems to be performing in-game pretty well.  Out of 8 Tier 9 DDs on the live server:

It is third behind a Daring (53.03) and Khab(52.89) in WR (52.6%).

Third behind Khab and Harugumo in Damage (55k).

Third behind Khab and Daring in K/D (1.69).

Third behind Daring (.91) and Harumo (.90) in avg Frags (.89).

Disclaimer: I don’t plan on getting her because I don’t enjoy PA DDs.

Agreed, the "nerf" is hardly noticeable to me. Reload 3.6 sec, same as Z-52 and if we use mod it drops to 3.2. The only tier 10 DD with better concealment is Shima and the torps are second to none.

Still liking her.

[KE]
Members
67 posts
3,022 battles
10 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

The torp reload of the yy is heartbreaking now. 

I love that Pan-Asian DD's aren't necessarily stuck between being a torpedo boat and being a gunboat. The Yueyang just has to be a gun-boat because chances are you won't launch more than 4-5 torpedo spreads in a game. It's an unfortunate change in my opinion - while I would otherwise say that is an overpowered gameplay, the fact that deepwater torpedoes cannot hit destroyers mitigates that. 106 seconds even with a legendary module that kills off your concealment... yeah, no

Sign in to follow this