You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
fbrrhd

Wait till you see 8.2

121 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
984 posts
33,492 battles

I predict 8.2 will be a far bigger disaster than CV rework, The port screen is completely redone and NON-Obvious.

The number of players doesn't show. The Ship captain is not there, and not obvious how to find him. The MIssions are not there to find.

The whole "home page" experience is a complete MESS!

WHAT A MESS WOWS you managed to screw it up far more than the CV re-work

Are you intent on driving everyone away?

I logged on to PT and could not get in battle by selecting random and Battle button. Perhaps because my ship did not show a Captain, but there was no obvious way to even see the Captain......

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 7

Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,743 posts
5,508 battles

You have to complete battles to unlock parts of the UI, like FXP or upgrades or commander skills.

[HDR]
Beta Testers
314 posts
7,358 battles
Just now, JollyRoger6969 said:

You have to complete battles to unlock parts of the UI, like FXP or upgrades or commander skills.

Yea probably to ease new players into the game.....Though sticking a vet in that with no clue I was like "uhhhh......" for a good minute or 2 lol

• Cool 1

Members
1,935 posts
9,155 battles

I really don't like the whole having to "level up" before you have access to all the features of the game. Not really helpful for new players. 

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
16 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

I predict 8.2 will be a far bigger disaster than CV rework, The port screen is completely redone and NON-Obvious.

The number of players doesn't show. The Ship captain is not there, and not obvious how to find him. The MIssions are not there to find.

The whole "home page" experience is a complete MESS!

WHAT A MESS WOWS you managed to screw it up far more than the CV re-work

Are you intent on driving everyone away?

I logged on to PT and could not get in battle by selecting random and Battle button. Perhaps because my ship did not show a Captain, but there was no obvious way to even see the Captain......

This would be a good place for PTS Observation.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/176-public-feedback-and-test-bug-reports/

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
On 3/7/2019 at 2:35 PM, Gen_Saris said:

I really don't like the whole having to "level up" before you have access to all the features of the game. Not really helpful for new players. 

I think its so they aren't confused by having a million things pop up once when they first load the game.

Edit: I'm not saying it was the right call.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News
  • Meh 1

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles

Not cute at T8. No cammo, no flags no captain, no modules. So, two days after this monstrosity rolls out, those that didn't get going on unlocking stuff immediately are going to get wiped by those that did.

7.0 detect on the Lightning? seriously?

Oh, and no explanation. yep, WG's finest at it again.

• Meh 1

[WOLFB]
Members
984 posts
33,492 battles

I put it in 8.2 PT comments, But folks that don't read those and don't try PT need to know what a MESS is coming tot he game.

Folks need to speak up before WOWS mess up the LIVE game too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CV are a good example of PT being a disaster and no one but hose playing it knew...until it hit live.

This is a heads up to the general population!

• Meh 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,340 posts
19,563 battles

Yeah, you may remember a time when you didn't have access to like 80% of the game mechanics because you were a level 1 account and had to work your way out of the tutorial zone.

Or maybe you don't. I sure don't. And also don't want to go back into it.

• Cool 5

[WOLFB]
Members
984 posts
33,492 battles
16 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

That is complete Bull$hip

• Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,404 posts
15,850 battles
Just now, fbrrhd said:

It is only 3.

• Meh 1

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Yeah, you may remember a time when you didn't have access to like 80% of the game mechanics because you were a level 1 account and had to work your way out of the tutorial zone.

Or maybe you don't. I sure don't. And also don't want to go back into it.

especially after playing with that stuff for years, and at high tier.

A paragraph of explanation on the PTS would have been awesome. But nono, we're just paying the bills. Nothing important.

• Cool 3

[ARRSE]
Members
192 posts
1,402 battles

The PTS is just confusing because you are equipped with Tier 8s and it isn't at all obvious that - for the first time on a PTS - you have to "open up" the game as if you had just downloaded it for the first time and had your five Tier 1 ships only.

I must admit, I sat there looking at a stock Monarch, no XP, no missions, no captain, no cammo, no modules, no random battle button, no nothing - thinking "wut is this? Did half the client fail to load?!"

Then, after the first (co-op) game, things started to load in. Doh!

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
17 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Just now, fbrrhd said:

I'm sure on the live server, you will not have to do this because you will already be at account level 15. But on the PTS, they are testing the new account level system for new players. It now only takes 200 battles to get to account level 15.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
4 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Wait... people have to play more to re-unlock parts of the UI? Like, seasoned players with thousands of games?

2 minutes ago, Thornir said:

especially after playing with that stuff for years, and at high tier.

A paragraph of explanation on the PTS would have been awesome. But nono, we're just paying the bills. Nothing important.

1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm sure on the live server, you will not have to do this because you will already be at account level 15. But on the PTS, they are testing the new account level system for new players. It now only takes 200 battles to get to account level 15.

:Smile_great:

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

It is only 3.

you gotta play four games. can you imagine? PAid 3 mill credits for torp module, but hey, you can't get it yet. But they guy who got done before you? He's torping your a$$ as we speak.

The absurdity is real.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

Stop panicking.  Those changes are for brand new players. You won't se much difference when it goes live.

I was confused at first too. Had to pick a ship from the tech tree before it would let me pick a ship from the carousel.

Members
491 posts
21 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. What window licker thought of that one?

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
Just now, Noone_You_Know said:

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. What window licker thought of that one?

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

Stop panicking.  Those changes are for brand new players. You won't se much difference when it goes live.

I was confused at first too. Had to pick a ship from the tech tree before it would let me pick a ship from the carousel.

Not panicked. Angered. Again. 

Still.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
Just now, Thornir said:

Not panicked. Angered. Again. 

Still.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,404 posts
15,850 battles
8 minutes ago, Noone_You_Know said:

The people that would like us to test it. On test lol