Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

Confusion reigns?

23 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts

Why is World of Warships sending me stuff like this now???:Smile_amazed:

I do not play WOT, have zero interest in it, so why would I give a rat's hindquarters about blitz? :Smile_teethhappy:

ciULvxf.png

• Meh 1

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Ditto.
This business is so screwed up. The management need to pull their collective fingers out.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts
4 minutes ago, JervisBay said:

Ditto.
This business is so screwed up. The management need to pull their collective fingers out.

You'd think WOWS would at least be advertising WOWS Blitz, instead of something I've never shown a lick of interest in...:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I do not play WOT, have zero interest in it, so why would I give a rat's hindquarters about blitz? :Smile_teethhappy:

ciULvxf.png

My bad< I was chatting with them and thought you would be interested. I'll give them a shout and take the fall for this. Sorry.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Got it and even 7 days premium.

Why in the H E (double hockey sticks) would I want to play WOT? I already know its a Pay to Play game with Gold ammo and the extreme russian bias tanks. I already locked my wallet to WOW and wont even think about WOWP as we have that right here now with the CV Rework.

My honest thoughts is they are starting to loose players and money and are trying to get people to spend more.

Well, You wargaming lost the trust of the customers (see many threads and post across all social media) Please also note you have a customer base who asked only a few things to regain it and yet with all the WARNING and all the FEEDBACK you have continued to ignore your customers (paying customers)

When are you going to actually listen? It is still not to late to get back the trust, at least from my part and for this game only. But if you dont listen you will find yourself out of business. like many other franchises.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WMD]
Members
1,619 posts
9,753 battles
30 minutes ago, awiggin said:

ciULvxf.png

Just so I'm clear. WG sent you an email from WoWs inviting you to play one of their other titles, with some free premium content, and you decided the best course of action was to whine about it online?

Do people go through life looking for excuses to be unhappy, or for things to whine about?

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,169 battles
42 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Well, to be fair, I was a WoT player and saw an ad for WoWS, and here I am...

Sorta kinda the double reverse; knew about Tanks, but not interested; was into ships and joined after a friend said it was finally in open; went back to Tanks because Jingles and why not?

Wish now I could have all that time and money spent back...

...haven’t played since last August.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sorta kinda the double reverse; knew about Tanks, but not interested; was into ships and joined after a friend said it was finally in open; went back to Tanks because Jingles and why not?

Wish now I could have all that time and money spent back...

...haven’t played since last August.

I don't regret it.  I enjoyed my 19,000 battles in tanks.

But I have no interest in it now.  It doesn't remotely resemble the game I played, even when I left for ships, let alone when I originally joined.

[CK5]
Members
1,372 posts
14,317 battles

It's called cross selling and happens all the time.  Just ignore the message and move on.  If these types of messages become continuous spam then we absolutely should tell WG to back off, but one message shouldn't cause much angst.   

Edited by PrairiePlayer

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
13 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I received a similar email in the past.

I resisted temptation.

Off topic but I love your Avatar, the Sleestack scared the crap out of me when I was a kid watching Land of the Lost after school lol. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOOK3]
Members
4,213 posts
3,235 battles
1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

Just so I'm clear. WG sent you an email from WoWs inviting you to play one of their other titles, with some free premium content, and you decided the best course of action was to whine about it online?

Do people go through life looking for excuses to be unhappy, or for things to whine about?

I've heard the British refer to it as the modern disease, the need to whine about something

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,575 posts
8,553 battles
3 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Off topic but I love your Avatar, the Sleestack scared the crap out of me when I was a kid watching Land of the Lost after school lol. 

Sssssssssssss

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
8 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

It's unsolicited spam....and I also whine about THAT when it's both stuffed into my letterbox and is rammed into my eyeballs when I'm online.
Call it whining if you like but we who had lives before the fornicating internet call it unwanted.

Edited by JervisBay

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,167 posts
16,864 battles

They offered me some free premium time in WOT a few days ago and I just deleted the email.

b80.png

• Funny 2

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles

yea, they sent me an invite to World of Tanks...  I looked at the advertisement, looked for a check box to opt out of any further promotions for WOT and WOWP but could not find one, so I logged off. 

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
11 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Sssssssssssss

LOL I read your reply buy I HEAD the Sleestack in my mind.......eek.....hide.

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Hey guys, we do appreciate your feedback on this. From time to time the game will do some cross promotional activities that do send emails to some players. It shouldn't happen very often, but if you are concerned you can change your email subscriptions in the Account Management section of the website. 

[WOLFG]
Members
28,993 posts
8,240 battles
8 hours ago, JervisBay said:

Call it whining if you like but we who had lives before the fornicating internet call it unwanted.

Heh, many of us who had lives before the internet are unaffected, as we can't be bothered to use email....

Myself, the only thing I use email for privately is for notifications from Steam for discounted games on my wishlist, and when things I've ordered online have been picked up from the warehouse by the shipper.

The email address that I use to sign into WoWS has been defunct for years, but they won't let me change it unless I go get statements from my bank, so I guess I can't read their ads.

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Is this really surprising though? It's the same company. Haven't you ever gotten emails before from a company you do business with advertising their other products? I feel like that's something that happens all the time... like on a near daily basis. 

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
22 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

I've heard the British refer to it as the modern disease, the need to whine about something

That's not "modern".
Here in Oz the term "whinging Pom" goes back to the 1950s. They invented whining.

Sign in to follow this