You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SaltyMoonshine

Help with Amagi.

7 comments in this topic

[PLPTS]
Members
19 posts
1,904 battles

As title says: help with Amagi. 

I recently got this ship and was excited because I've heard what a great ship she is at T8. I did well with the Nagato, winning 66% of games, doing purple damage, averaging near 2 kills a match, got the krakken unleashed in her etc

But I completely suck with the Amagi. 

I've killed 2 ships out of 6 games. Just 2. I'm averaging 50k damage with her which is pathetic and 8k below the server average. Even when I'm a top tier bb in her I absolutely suck and do screw all damage and get no frags. The ONLY thing I've got going for me in this ship is a 60% win rate (as of writing this). The most damage I've ever done in her is 80k in one match, which is just shameful.

This has been the most miserable BB experience I have ever had and I'm on the verge of selling her and grinding up the german BB line instead. But people keep telling me what an awesome ship she is, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Any advice to turn this crap-show around would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SaltyMoonshine

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,148 posts
11,272 battles

fully upgrade her with B hull and such, put a 19 pts captain in her while you can and use Premium Consumable and you are back to business in no time

Edit

At t8, she almost had the longest of all and most accurate dispersion, so use that to your advantage.

Edited by ObiphanKenobi

Members
1,924 posts
2,731 battles

She hits like a truck, but you gotta make sure your aim is there, and you have other people taking the enemies return fire. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,024 posts
13,467 battles

Mid to long range sniper at start.

Buff her accuracy and enjoy those hard hitting guns.

With turtleback armor, she can brawl late game.

Conversely, her sister ship, Kii, has no turtleback and must stay long range.

[RKLES]
Members
8,739 posts
10,828 battles

Amagi is rather flexible Warship, you can fight long range, mid range, or close range. You do really need the ship to be fully upgraded though. And while the AA is serviceable, you do want to carry catapult fighters since enemy torpedo Bombers love trying to hit Amagi.

Another thing is while the ship can often shrug off some hits, it’s still important to realize that it’s a Battlecruiser design. So sustained blown tanking is not recommend. Instead try to stay on the move so you can can dodge enemy fire when possible. Which with how fast Amagi can be it makes fir harder target to hit. Also allows you to decide that it may be time to join a fight, chase disnnan enemy, fall back to heal up, or simply escape from unfavorable area.

The guns can be used to shot gun style shells at enemy ships, particularly brutal onnships that are broadside to you, or you can divide up the fire to sink multiple near dead enemy ships.

On YouTube Notser actually has a nice Amagi battle he played that could give you some ideas as well.

[PLPTS]
Members
19 posts
1,904 battles

This is a bit of thread necro'ing, but I wanted to thank everyoen for giving a helping hand. 

THe Amagi ended up being ookayish. Won most games, did alright damage, but wasn't an experience I particularly enjoyed. I moved on to the Izumo and did better in her, and now I'm in the Yamato and doing decently there too. I guess I'll have to rack the Amagi up as that one BB in the line that didn't work for me, whereas it does well for others. 

Thanks again guys.

[ALLY]
Members
85 posts
13,610 battles
9 hours ago, SaltyMoonshine said:

This is a bit of thread necro'ing, but I wanted to thank everyoen for giving a helping hand. 

THe Amagi ended up being ookayish. Won most games, did alright damage, but wasn't an experience I particularly enjoyed. I moved on to the Izumo and did better in her, and now I'm in the Yamato and doing decently there too. I guess I'll have to rack the Amagi up as that one BB in the line that didn't work for me, whereas it does well for others. 

Thanks again guys.

Salty,

I did not respond earlier, but have to repeat what the others stated.  I struggled when I first got Amagi also.  It was only after it was fully upgraded that I liked it.  I actually hated Izumo (pre-upgrade).  Love the Yammy and Musashi.  Amagi is actually a ship that I am thinking about re-purchasing.

C130 signing out