You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

The edinburgh ship review bought by mistake.

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles

The edinburgh review.

Bought by mistake and wow its amazing, shes fast and very fun and moves really well.

Has great guns but no he sadly :(.

Has great aa and also good torps.

Has smoke to help your allies.

Im shocked this cruiser is proper fun and can take a beating.

I would rate this edinburgh at 8/10 and fun wise at 10/10.

Its really good and im shocked.

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
5,751 posts
9,793 battles

Glad you're enjoying it.  Personally, I didn't take much of a liking at all to Edinburgh.  Outside of the low tiers, I found her to be the low point in the British CL line, especially slotted between the gem that is Fiji and the very solid Neptune.

• Cool 1

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Glad you're enjoying it.  Personally, I didn't take much of a liking at all to Edinburgh.  Outside of the low tiers, I found her to be the low point in the British CL line, especially slotted between the gem that is Fiji and the very solid Neptune.

I do not like the fiji at all.

• Bad 1

[BGZ]
Members
38 posts
5,578 battles

I have found that with the Edinbrugh since it sees tier 10s you must play her stealth.

Is there any tier 8 cruiser that has a lower concealment of 9.2? I mean the Wichita has a 9.5 and have total surprise on my side on many occasions...and I'm talking tier 10 matches.

Based on that I would offer the option to drop smoke and use radar as well. What good is smoke when there are so many radar boats at tier 8 thru 10?

Do not stop moving...

Edited by Phawn70

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles
12 minutes ago, Phawn70 said:

I have found that with the Edinbrugh since it sees tier 10s you must play her stealth.

Is there any tier 8 cruiser that has a lower concealment of 9.2? I mean the Wichita has a 9.5 and have total surprise on my side on many occasions...and I'm talking tier 10 matches.

Based on that I would offer the option to drop smoke and use radar as well. What good is smoke when there are so many radar boats at tier 8 thru 10?

Do not stop moving...

I need my smoke as the baltimores seem very very clingy. I dont like radar its a game breaker.

• Bad 1

[-SF-]
Members
240 posts
3,024 battles

The Fiji was my favourite, I never got along well with the Edinburgh. The Minotaur though is fantastic (and squishy) 

Members
1 post
1,126 battles

As you progress through the line a small bit of information that is very important is the detectability in smoke after firing increases quite a bit until tier 10.

The Edinburgh is around 5.5 km, and the Neptune is 6.6 km, which can seriously catch you off guard if you aren't paying attention.

There has been a few times I've shot at a DD while hiding in smoke and then been wiped away from a BB. 

The ships more than anything require good positioning, and the rest will fall into place.

• Cool 1

[BGZ]
Members
38 posts
5,578 battles
29 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I need my smoke as the baltimores seem very very clingy. I dont like radar its a game breaker.

I hear ya...I have seen that understanding the situation at any given time is critical, especially with these boats. 

Baltimore's have radar though right? How does smoke assist you with the current meta?

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles
8 minutes ago, Phawn70 said:

I hear ya...I have seen that understanding the situation at any given time is critical, especially with these boats. 

Baltimore's have radar though right? How does smoke assist you with the current meta?

How does smoke assist you with the current meta?

Absolute godly its superb and as i said it helps your allies as im always on caps first and normally i have a baltimore with me.

[BGZ]
Members
38 posts
5,578 battles
2 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

How does smoke assist you with the current meta?

Absolute godly its superb and as i said it helps your allies as im always on caps first and normally i have a baltimore with me.

Ah...I get the clingy reference now you did not mean it in a negative way. I took it as you were a preferred target by Batls. I must try this though again I'm finding good success playing her like an American cruiser.

Minus the tanking...

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles
Just now, Phawn70 said:

Ah...I get the clingy reference now you did not mean it in a negative way. I took it as you were a preferred target by Batls. I must try this though again I'm finding good success playing her like an American cruiser.

Minus the tanking...

My game style is really dodgy as i always try to get on the caps first and this puts me in huge danger but that is my fun and thats just how i am.

• Cool 2