You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pyun

Yamato Citadel is Dumb

15 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Members
130 posts
2,066 battles

I really hope they make the citadel on the Yamato a normal one. Here is me in my alaska just crapping on it.  The guns barely did anything to me. SKip to 3:30

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
377 posts
9,745 battles

well the musashi basically giving you broadside there more on his fault for being greedy trying to get all 3 guns on target

[MLPVA]
Members
217 posts
3,179 battles

You do realize that in return for her citadel, Yamato has some of the most accurate battleship guns at Tier X, as well as the overmatch ability of her 460mm guns, right? She's balanced.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,724 posts
4,278 battles

There was nothing wrong with that clip. Alaska is fully capable of citadeling Yamato/Musashi that close with that angle.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,580 posts
7,927 battles
4 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

There was nothing wrong with that clip. Alaska is fully capable of citadeling Yamato/Musashi that close with that angle.

this

[WAIFU]
Members
130 posts
2,066 battles

:(. Okay....

Edited by Pyun

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,016 posts
6,980 battles

Player makes misplay, gets punished. Good to see justice at work.

Members
1,924 posts
2,731 battles

That Musashi should been dead long ago for showing broadside like that

[NDA]
Supertester
3,916 posts
1,564 battles

Take your beef up with Yamato's long-deceased designers.  Also, please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

[STP]
Members
290 posts
9,471 battles
On 3/5/2019 at 2:02 AM, Pyun said:

I really hope they make the citadel on the Yamato a normal one. Here is me in my alaska just crapping on it.  The guns barely did anything to me. SKip to 3:30

note one thing, in the first 2 salvos you fired at the musashi, you missed the front octagonal plate below the towers 1 and 2 (hitting the citadel side plate with enough angles to bounce / shatter your 305mm shells)...

Members
175 posts

I agree, Yamato is ONLY TX BB with punishable citadel so you can't actually make mistake or you die, unlike the idiotproof Montana.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BAWK]
Members
136 posts
6,695 battles

It doesn't bother me.

Sure; my IJN super battleships (both of them) have soft sides, but played intelligently they slap cruisers off the table and can tank anything.

Play with your balls hanging out (like that guy did) and someone will kick you.

The biggest difficulty with these ships is that they are not agile in combat. If you get in a crossfire or in a rapidly developing scenario... you're gonna be frustrated.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,129 posts
16,481 battles

Okay.  Time to put this in perspective.

Yamato has:

+ The most accurate set of BB guns in the game.  High Sigma, great IJN BB Dispersion.

+ Possessing 460mm guns with the LOLPEN advantage.  Only the Yamato-class gets 460mm guns, not even the other "18 inch" BBs get 460mm.  Conqueror 457mm, upcoming Georgia with only 9 guns is 457mm.  The Soviets are getting 457mm.  They lack the 3mm difference that lets Yamato-class LOLPEN people.

+ Bow Citadeling USN BBs never gets old.

+ 58mm deck armor to weather the HE storm better.  For the fools that think a thick deck armor does nothing, none of you have spent time in a BB with 32mm armor all over the place getting DPM'ed down by HE spammers getting non-stop HE Pens on you.

+ Inclusion of a Legendary Upgrade that is widely considered a true upgrade, one of the best in the game.

+ Let's not forget that not long after the Legendary Upgrades were implemented, WG buffed Yamato's turret traverse to make her Legendary even more desirable and effective, pretty much negating what the traverse penalty of the upgrade would have done to the old traverse.  For those that weren't around or weren't aware of what happened, both Yamato and Musashi had the same turret traverse: 72 seconds.  WG buffed Yamato to... wait for it... 60 seconds.  They cut 12 whole f---king seconds off.

But having a Citadel to protect is too much to deal with despite all the other advantages?  You want the BB with the biggest, most accurate guns in the game with considerable armor to have an easier to deal with Citadel?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PLPTS]
Members
19 posts
1,904 battles

That Musashi got waaaay too close and gave far too much broadside. I'm guilty of sometimes moving in to <10km range, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he just experienced a potato moment, but Yamato is most comfortable at approx 15km bow on where its monstrously hard-hitting and accurate guns are its bread and butter. Showing that much broadside as a Musashi/Yamato is just asking for trouble and should only be done in a moment of desparation to get away from an enemy (assuming reversing isn't an option). 

There are moments when RNG just gives you the middle finger. But that's my general rule of thumb.

Edited by SaltyMoonshine

[LOTU]
Members
1 post
1,883 battles

Everyone is crapping on OP, but people are forgetting he did this with a t9 cruiser, NOT a t10 BB.  The Yammy did missplay, but there is no reason this should have ever happened with a lower tier cruiser