You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

The exeter ship review.

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles

Really fast cruiser really fast.

Big guns but longgggggggggggg reload.

So fast your always first to cap in front of dds.

No smoke somebody stole it.

No armour.

Focused and long reload.

Dead.

:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Members
375 posts
11,040 battles

Oh my goodness, you are right. My bucket of bolts plays just like that too!!!!

I don't dislike many, but this one is a bit difficult for me

Edited by Groo_
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,854 posts
13,052 battles

9 battles.

6 wins.

32k avg dam.

One 6 kill game.

In my opinion,  she is ok.

• Cool 2

[RST]
Beta Testers
42 posts
3,917 battles

I've had a fair amount of success with my new Exeter.  I play like a fast DD but know my guns reload like a 'fast' BB so I don't put myself into positions against other ships with faster ROF. No smoke is fine because I play other nations with no smoke and know I can't play it like a Fiji or Leander (my other two Brit cruisers). Able to switch back and forth between AP and HE is good.  I don't find myself focused out by CV drivers or other ships. 

I like it - it just depends on your play style.  It's definitely situational.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
101 posts
2,102 battles

I find this cruiser to be a “nibbler”.  You are more of a support role, nibbling away at other distracted ships HP pool.  Hang with a group and you’re ok.  Use your speed and maneuverability to dodge incoming fire, and use islands for cover.  Super thin armor means a lot of over pens.  Big guns, but slower reload, so don’t go dueling like you would in a Leander or Perth.  Good for getting citadels in other cruisers.  That’s what I’ve noticed playing it.  Charge in, you’re dead.  Hang back a bit and support, you’re fine.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,965 posts
16,182 battles
9 minutes ago, Sierra1968 said:

I find this cruiser to be a “nibbler”.  You are more of a support role, nibbling away at other distracted ships HP pool.  Hang with a group and you’re ok.  Use your speed and maneuverability to dodge incoming fire, and use islands for cover.  Super thin armor means a lot of over pens.  Big guns, but slower reload, so don’t go dueling like you would in a Leander or Perth.  Good for getting citadels in other cruisers.  That’s what I’ve noticed playing it.  Charge in, you’re dead.  Hang back a bit and support, you’re fine.

I tend to hang outside of 10 km. The worst case scenario is to caught out by a BB inside of 10 km. Start dodging when even a BB looks at you funny. She works but she she's not a forgiving ship.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
101 posts
2,102 battles

I think if it still had smoke, it’d be OP with the 203mm guns firing out of smoke, wrecking anything in range.

• Cool 1

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, Sierra1968 said:

I think if it still had smoke, it’d be OP with the 203mm guns firing out of smoke, wrecking anything in range.

My win rate for the exeter right now is at 15%.

Beta Testers
101 posts
2,102 battles

I’m currently at 55%, but I only have like 15 games in it.  I’m sure that will drop below  50%, once I get around 109 games in it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles
12 hours ago, Sierra1968 said:

I’m currently at 55%, but I only have like 15 games in it.  I’m sure that will drop below  50%, once I get around 109 games in it.

I just got 100k damage with her and had a 1 vs 1 against a gneis...................... :O .

[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Members
166 posts
7,201 battles

Exeter is a top DD predator right now. At T5 with 30k HP, decent armor v DDs and hydro it can seal club T4 and T5 DDs all day long. 

[RST]
Beta Testers
42 posts
3,917 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, Sierra1968 said:

That's why they nerfed it during testing - they found it to BE OP with the smoke.