You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
garfield001

[0.9.2.1] Garfield and Friends Mods Collection

165 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,194 posts
6,476 battles

mHO0Ezd.jpg

This is a collection of mods for Kantai Collection, Azur Lane and other anime or ship girls games made by myself and by a team of friends. We hope that you like them!

Be sure to let us know if you think something is broken or does not seem to work properly, or if you'd like something changed or added!

The team:

@garfield001
@Blorgh2017
More to come!

tZDFQvq.jpg

Spoiler

2ZrxJtu.jpg
3enpyxi.jpg

This mod includes the following mods:

• Kancolle UI
  • Kancolle Ship Preview V1.0
  • Kancolle Ship Icons V2.0
  • Kancolle Health Bars
  • Lady Commanders
  • Women Commander Names
  • Flags

Download Kancolle UI

HjIetsY.jpg

Spoiler

6FjJDh6.jpg

Download Preview V1.0

Download Preview V2.0 (Romanized)

cMjkaiR.jpg

Spoiler

xCNcqWq.jpg

Download Icons V1.0

Download Icons V1.5 (Romanized)

Download Icons V2.0

Download Icons V2.5 (Romanized)

• Cool 7

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,194 posts
6,476 battles
[WAIFU]
Modder
1,194 posts
6,476 battles

5aFQrfC.jpg

Spoiler

2F08vmQ.jpg

Download Flags

Z9TavEZ.jpg

For alternate versions of the mods made by contributors, please check this post.
Features alternate versions made by Blorgh2017, RougeSky, XV_Eleventh.

A big thank you to all contributor who make alternate versions! It's very appreciated and I hope many people use them!

------------------------------------------------

Template

This pack contains all the files you need to make your own Preview and Icon pictures to match my design. Includes PSD files for Previews, Icons V1 and V2, and all the fonts used. Do share your work!

FAQ

Spoiler

Q. Are these the same mods as garfield001's Mods Collection?

A. Yes! These are the same mods I used to share. This time however, I decided to get some people to help me with them. That way, it reduces my work load and allows us to keep the mods updated more easily and allows us to bring more awesome mods to you guys!

Q. What are those random anime girls and why isn't my waifu there?

A. The original idea of these mods was to use Kancolle characters. However, as you probably have noticed, Kancolle doesn't have enough character to fill all the ships. So I have been using other ship girl games characters, such as Azur Lane and Warship Girl to fill the gap. For the rest, we used random original art we found. As a general rule, we try to avoid super popular characters from anime shows, but you can may recognize some anyway! Lastly, if you want you waifu included or if you think you may have a better picture for one ship, do let us know and we'll look into it!

Q. What happened to Warship Girls mods?

A. Considering the popularity of Azur Lane and how unknown WSG is, we decided to drop WSG mods until we find another way to share them. This is mostly due to reducing the work load and the number of mods that needed to be kept updated.

Q. I also make anime mods and would like to join the team, is that possible?

A. Sure, it is! Just send your mods anyone on the team and we'll look at it! If we think it fits within the collection, we'll be glad to have you in!

Q. How do you make these mods?

A. I wrote a tutorial a while back. You can find it here! Have fun and do share what you make! ;)

Any other questions? You can post in this thread or ask directly any members of the team!

• Cool 5

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,194 posts
6,476 battles

Hello every-nyan!

Before saying anything, I'd like to thank Blorgh2017, who kept the mods updated until today. He has done a tremenduous job at making quality additions to the mods. I'd also like to thank hakabase, who I know has provided Blorgh with files he didn't know how to update. While I think hakabase is not much of an anime or kancolle/AL fan, he has been a great help to the modding community as a whole ever since I started.

All this said, what is this, what happened to the old thread and what's with the new name? First, for new people, this is a collection of mods made by team Garfield and Friends. We mostly do anime, Kantai Collection and Azur Lane stuff, but we may add other stuff someday. For people wondering what happened to the old thread, the honest answer is that I do not know... I did not delete the thread or ask to have it deleted. It just disappeared one day. After talking with Blorgh, I decided I would come back and give him a hand with the mods in a more official manner and start the collection again with his help. Since I want people to know that this is not solo work anymore, we changed the name to something that's linked to the old collection, while showing that it's a team effort! (and also bring a bit of nostalgia with that old Garfield show...!)

Some of you will notice that a few pictures are different than Blorgh's version. This is due to me "secretly" keeping the mods up-to-date even while I was retired. While I think Blorgh's work is great, it was too much work to switch the pictures around, so we decided to keep the ones I made. However, we will share Blorgh's work through an add-on or something for people who want to use his pictures! Let me know if you think we should definitely bring back Blorgh's pictures!

The last point I want to talk about is the disappearance of Warship Girls mods. I'm sorry for people that were using it. We've decided to cut them due to Azur Lane being way mroe populay and we needed to reduce the number of mods. We're still looking for an alternate way to share them that won't add too much work for us. If you really miss them, do let us know and we'll look into it!

As before, we're always interested in knowing your opinion on the mods and what you'd like to see added or changed. Also, if you think anything is broken or not working properly, do let us know. I may have messed up a few files since it's been a while since I shared this!

-garfield001

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
6,100 posts
5,595 battles

Hooray, welcome back, Mr. Garfield. It's good to see back. :Smile_honoring:

I actually didn't do anything during your absence. All I did was play a role of a fill-in caretaker... and I must admit that I didn't do quite a good job, lol.

Special thanks to Mr. @hakabase for helping me keep the mod going while you were gone. Thank you, Mr. Hakabase. :Smile_honoring:

I'll do my best to help in anyway I can.:Smile_great:

Again, welcome back, Mr. Garfield. :Smile_great:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
6,100 posts
5,595 battles

This is a reserved post. (POST EDIT: Apr 01, 2020)

***Time for an update, for 0.9.2.1, on Mar 31, 2020***

1. Ship Name Romanization & Female Commander Names (global.mo):

Download Link Here.

A latest global.mo for the mod. The latest update(s) is/are:

Spoiler

Mar 31, 2020:      No change.

Mar 11, 2020:      Name update for all Swedish commanders to female names

New special Polish commander name change: Jerzy Świrski  --->  Jadzia Świrski

Feb 19, 2020:      No change.

2. Female Commander Portraits:

Lady Commander portraits:   Download Link Here.

Kancolle Fairies (and Chibi) Commander portraits:   Download Link Here.

The latest update(s) is/are:

Spoiler

Mar 11, 2020:

New Swedish commanders and the new special Polish commander Jerzy Świrski added.

zzz_lady_swedish_preview.png.274a496beb6ce7e3575420e43814d7a4.png

zzzz_chibi_swedish_preview.png.04aa4d80659ac0fffc14d189a043c7a7.png

zz_swirski_preview.png.06677fd1b09a585ff8b0aaa6f3fabea5.png

Feb 12, 2020:

The heroic British commander, Cunningham, added.

cunningham_sample_view.png.87cbda493e00376dfa6ce781346de7f0.png

Please keep in mind that the risque version is not publicly available. 

Jan 14, 2020:

The Lunar New Year event captains, Sun Wukong and Zhu Bajie added.

sunwukong_preview.thumb.png.879b1f02e45bc82d6c68af8ff6ffb172.png

zhubajie_preview.thumb.png.ec1ef8bcb71e07a557ec56fde18a6e31.png

Please keep in mind that the risque versions are not publicly available. :cap_book:

And... that's all folks! If anything's not working properly, or if something's missing, or if something's not done right, please let me know ASAP. As always, thank you. :Smile_Default:

h7gtYye.jpg.19a4f2a4c7edd090d4753e8c75a956f9.jpg

Edited by Blorgh2017
updates, fixes, spellings, and grammars, reeeeeee
  • Cool 3

[WOLF8]
Members
6,100 posts
5,595 battles

A little heads-up from me, in addition to what Mr. Garfield said above. Mr. Garfield put me in charge of the Female commanders mods, so I think I should make this announcement. 

The Risque Female Commander mod has been discontinued.

As Mr. Garfield said above, the old archived thread for this mod, which was originally started by him back in 2016, is deleted by WG without an explanation. The thread was moved to the Archived section in May of 2018, when Mr. Garfield first "retired" from mod making.

I took over running the mod and the thread, even though I never intended to, but things just happened and one thing led to another... so I ended up doing it as a fill-in caretaker. With a generous help from Mr. @hakabase, who provided the crucial updates to the UI files and the anti-mirror files, I was able to at least keep the mod afloat, and from completely dying. So once again, thank you Mr. Hakabase, for all your generous help. You really are a life saver, lol. :Smile_great::Smile_honoring::Smile_teethhappy:

And so it went on... until just few weeks ago (end of Feb 2019), when WG deleted the thread. Mr. Garfield found out about it before I did, and notified me. He tried to get the thread back, but it looked like it would take ages... so he decided to just start a new one, i.e. this very thread. After all, he was thinking of making a comeback anyway.

However, there was a caveat: when you make a new mod thread, you have to get an approval from WG, which can take several days. I believe they go through the mod files with a fine tooth comb, to see if anything is inappropriate. And guess what was flagged? Yup, the Risque Commander mod. WG has asked Mr. Garfield to either change or remove the flagged images from the mod.

While only about third of all images were flagged, it simply was too many to go through and update. And what if WG flags it again? Then what? So unfortunately, I have made a decision to discontinue the mod. It's no more, the end. Sayonara, fin, and adieu, lol.

TBH, I haven't completely given up on the Risque mod, but I will not post any link or image from it on this forum from now on. I may still work on, but if anyone wants to download it... well... I guess asking me "discreetly" is a way? TBH, I'm not sure if even that's allowed, lel. But we'll see. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

[ECCHI]
Members
29 posts
3,827 battles

Indeed it is good to see this back and you as well Garfield. I still have my contributions to the old thread backed up so if you need my files again just shoot me a message and I'll get them to you as soon as i can.

Members
5 posts
1,404 battles

Hi Garfield (And Friends),

I just want to start off by saying that ever since I figured out how to install mods for WoWs, this mod was always installed. I just love my shipfus way too much, and I am a fellow weeb so I had no other duty. I'm glad you are back and thank you to everyone for all you have contributed to this lovely modpack. 

If you have not already, you should consider since you are back and you have a team, to Kancolle-ize the Dog Tags and the in battle chat boxes. Maybe in the way of anime stuff for the former and allowing people in battle chat to know what ship you are should you be chatting to them. An example is this: If I see someone on my team send a message to me like: Do you have def AA? When they send it, you can see what ship they are and the class icon. A screenshot of the idea is attached, which is a mod from Aslain's modpack (lets get to that later), I'm sure you would be able to make it in a fitting style as well. In addition, when you are in battle, you could replace the icon for ap and he with anime stuff from Kancolle. Like for HE, A picture of Prinz Eugen holding torches (picture attached). For other consumables, like ship repair, the green regen bucket, etc...

I'm sure you know about Aslain in the modding community, and if you don't, he has a modpack that combines the best mods for WoWs out there, all legal and approved by WG themselves. Aslain is very active in updating the modpack and even makes some! He is also very active in compiling those mods and in general just being a boon to anyone who wishes to play WoWS with mods. For instance, I was just talking to him why some mods on his modpack don't work when combined with yours even though they did before and he gave me a prompt answer (and totally did not give me the idea to discreetly invite you). This modpack is even on Aslain's! I think you should join his Discord server so you guys are able to correspond should you need to. I'll just leave the link here: https://discord.gg/VEWw2nR and encourage you to join. Thank you for making this mod and thanks to your team for updating it. 

@garfield001 @Blorgh2017 @hakabase 

kancolle.prinz_eugen_fire.jpg

Screenshot (40).png

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,194 posts
6,476 battles
11 hours ago, RougeSky said:

Indeed it is good to see this back and you as well Garfield. I still have my contributions to the old thread backed up so if you need my files again just shoot me a message and I'll get them to you as soon as i can.

Hello Rouge! I will have to apologize here, because I do not remember which contributions you are talking about... It's been too long or it was posted while I was away... Could you send them to me (or post here) so I could get a look at them? :3

3 hours ago, RCvideostudios said:

I just want to start off by saying that ever since I figured out how to install mods for WoWs, this mod was always installed. I just love my shipfus way too much, and I am a fellow weeb so I had no other duty. I'm glad you are back and thank you to everyone for all you have contributed to this lovely modpack. 

Hello RC! Glad you like the mods! You mentioned a lot of things, so let me quote them each individually to answer them all!

you should consider to Kancolle-ize the Dog Tags and the in battle chat boxes

For the Dog Tags, I've always wanted to do it, but to be very honest, it's a lot of work for something not so big... >.< There are something like 300 pictures to change and my goal would be to have style that's a bit consistent throughout the mod. Anyway, this is just the lazy me talking lol. I will probably add it to the to-do list and have Blorgh do it. I'm currently working on something else that may or may not make it to the collection, so it may not be priority though. Thanks for the idea!

For the chat mod, my short answer is that it already exist in Aslain's modpack (and possibly in hakabase's). Unless you mean it's not compatible with my mods? To be very honest, I have no idea how to make that and I'd have to "borrow" it from the one you posted, which I don't really like. I'm pretty sure Blorgh doesn't know how to either (he could surprise me there though!). This also seems like a high maintenance mod, which mean it would break every single patch and if I don't really know how it works, it would be hard to repair easily, without having to "borrow" it again from the creator. I'm also trying to move away from high maintenance mods in order to limit the work we have to do. For now, I would suggest getting it from a modpack and personalize your own mod environment. ;)

In addition, when you are in battle, you could replace the icon for ap and he with anime stuff from Kancolle. Like for HE, A picture of Prinz Eugen holding torches (picture attached). For other consumables, like ship repair, the green regen bucket, etc...

I've looked into this in the past and could never make something that I liked. Someone even sent me modded files of every consumables and armament (I'm sorry I forgot who sent those to me... If you read this, it was great stuff!) and while it was great work, there's something I don't like in it. I think modded icons feel too visible? Like, they catch your attention too much? You may notice that I do not mod a lot of things in the actual gameplay screen. The ribbons are not more colorful than the original ones. The ship icons attract a bit more attention, but I personally dont have team lineups on screen at all time, so they don't bother me. I worked hard to make the new HP bars not too visible so I wouldn't be distracted by the shipfus the brighter color. Again, it's a personal thing. The original idea of the collection was to share the mods that I made for myself (why spend hours making a mod just for myself? It's better to share it with other people who could enjoy it!), so anything I didn't like never made it in. Now that it's more of a collab thing though, maybe it'll make it in. We'll see! (More work for Blorgh! :Smile_hiding:)

I'm sure you know about Aslain in the modding community, and if you don't, he has a modpack that combines the best mods for WoWs out there, all legal and approved by WG themselves. Aslain is very active in updating the modpack and even makes some! He is also very active in compiling those mods and in general just being a boon to anyone who wishes to play WoWS with mods. For instance, I was just talking to him why some mods on his modpack don't work when combined with yours even though they did before and he gave me a prompt answer (and totally did not give me the idea to discreetly invite you). This modpack is even on Aslain's! I think you should join his Discord server so you guys are able to correspond should you need to. I'll just leave the link here: https://discord.gg/VEWw2nR and encourage you to join. Thank you for making this mod and thanks to your team for updating it. 

Of course I know of Aslain and I do know my mods are in his pack, considering he asked if he could add them a long time ago. I was actually not sure if they were still there since I left but apparently they are. I'm not sure what else to say about this. I don't really collect Discord servers and usually end up leaving them when I don't use them, but I may join his server. I mostly hang out in WAIFU's server where I have my personal mod corner (you're welcome to join me there btw). It's impossible to make sure our mods are compatible with everything, but I'm always happy to look at what's not working and try to fix stuff. Until then, you can message me here, by private message or visit my corner on my clan's server if you want me to look at some mods that's not working properly with mods of the collection.

Blorgh may want to add stuff but hopefully, that answered everything! Thank you for the feedback and the good ideas!

Edited by garfield001

[WOLF8]
Members
6,100 posts
5,595 battles
On 3/16/2019 at 8:09 AM, garfield001 said:

Hello Rouge! I will have to apologize here, because I do not remember which contributions you are talking about... It's been too long or it was posted while I was away... Could you send them to me (or post here) so I could get a look at them? :3

Mr. Garfield, Rouge is talking about my "Custom Alternate Image pack." I hope you'd remember, but back when you retired from mod making last year, I wasn't aware that you already made images for Kitakaze and Harugumo... and made my own version. Since I didn't want to just toss mine away, I made this pack to stick in anything extra, that is sort of an optional alternate images to the ones already in the mod. Not whole lot, but just few/couple images, and I asked on the old archived thread that should anyone has something similar and wishes to share with the others (just in case anyone wanted to actually use them instead), they can just send them to me and I'll stick them in the download pack, lol. Two people (lel) responded, and one of them is Rouge.

Rouge contributed alternate versions for the Pan American captain portraits (and few alternate backgrounds and loading screens). Here's how they look like:

Spoiler

Untitled0000.thumb.png.8a17f0564bc90ba17392174dec5a4d33.png

And here's the contribution from the other person, XV_Eleventh, from EU server:

Spoiler

Untitled0001.thumb.png.27c9c242108b83e2743590971f61e7a7.png

It also contains the older version of Azur Lane's Colorado and West Virginia, before that game's developers changed them:

Spoiler

Untitled0002.png.deadf86b5c1914e16beeb28c3e8690cf.png

I haven't gotten around to uploading the download pack again yet, for the "rebirth" of your mod, because I actually need to sort out my images before I can upload them. But now that it's brought up, I'll just go ahead and upload a download link here, in case anyone's interested:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/184904-0811-garfield-and-friends-mods-collection/?do=findComment&amp;comment=4362601

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

[ECCHI]
Members
29 posts
3,827 battles

As Blorgh mentioned I also reworked a bunch of the background images for the menu screens and loading screens using a mix of stuff Garfield himself had already picked out to use as well as some stuff I found on my own for a unique alternate option that still stays loyal to the original mod.

I actually updated the whole thing recently after I got my hands on Garfield's newer release which he was was nice enough to share with us. So if you want latest version of the GUI changes I made I can pack it up and send it over.

The slightly more immersive female Pan-American commanders I made earlier are still the same from when i submitted them so if Blorgh has already handed the files over to you Garfield then you should be all set for those.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,100 posts
5,595 battles
On 3/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, RougeSky said:

As Blorgh mentioned I also reworked a bunch of the background images for the menu screens and loading screens using a mix of stuff Garfield himself had already picked out to use as well as some stuff I found on my own for a unique alternate option that still stays loyal to the original mod.

I actually updated the whole thing recently after I got my hands on Garfield's newer release which he was was nice enough to share with us. So if you want latest version of the GUI changes I made I can pack it up and send it over.

The slightly more immersive female Pan-American commanders I made earlier are still the same from when i submitted them so if Blorgh has already handed the files over to you Garfield then you should be all set for those.

Sorry for late reply, but I missed your post because it got buried on my forum notification list, lol. Anyway, if you made an update to your images, just send them to me and I'll update your download pack.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,100 posts
5,595 battles

The global.mo (the ship name romanization & female captain names) file for 0.8.2.0 has been released. Plus, an update to the Custom Alternate Images Pack, by Rougesky:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/184904-0811-garfield-and-friends-mods-collection/?do=findComment&amp;comment=4362601

I've already sent a copy of the global.mo to Mr. Garfield. Now it's just a matter of waiting for him to update the whole mod.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[WOLF8]
Members
6,100 posts
5,595 battles

Oof, there is a problem synchronizing the old version of the mod with the updated game.

So don't just copy all of the mod files from the old res_mod folder to the new res_mod folder just yet. We need Mr. Garfield to update the "flash" files and "unbound" files within the mod, before the whole mod works properly. The new global.mo, which I posted last night, does seem to work though. So you can go ahead and use the global.mo, and copy only the captain portraits and the ship preview pics to new res_mod... but everything else should not be touched until Mr. Garfield posts an update.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,194 posts
6,476 battles

Hello every-nyan!

I finished updating the mods for 0.8.2.0. Not a whole lot new this time. Added Yukikaze, Georgia and Montpelier. Sorry for small update, I have a bit of a headache tonight, but I wanted to get the update done for you guys! I started working on the recently announced French ships, I may post a preview some other day~!

What's new:

• Added Yukikaze, Georgia and Montpelier

As always, do let me know if anything is not working properly. I feel like some things may be broken because I rushed a bit to finish.

Have fun!

-garfield001

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
912 posts
10,460 battles

Glad to see you back @garfield001 and @Blorgh2017. Thank you for restarting the post, loved the work and will continue to use the mod.

Sad to hear about the removal of some mods as those were good ones to use! Hopefully we will see them back somewhere available in time!

[-ARP-]
Supertester
475 posts
4,650 battles

In the future could we get the UI mod separate from the icons and previews, etc?

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,194 posts
6,476 battles

Quick update to say that I re-uploaded the UI and all the V2.0 and V2.5 icons because they were missing some of the new icons.