Kelorn

Question of the Week Submissions

45 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
317 posts
6,655 battles

Submit your questions on this thread to take part in our Question of the Week segment on the podcast!

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,617 posts
3,453 battles

Oh dear me. I saw submissions and thought it said submarines. I'm sorry!

Edited by _1204_
I cant read
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
317 posts
6,655 battles
12 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Oh dear me. I saw submissions and thought it said submarines. I'm sorry!

haha close, but no cigar

[FF]
Members
265 posts
8,786 battles

Question for the panel. Would you have cv torp do more alpha damage and no flooding chance or less damage and more flooding chance? Live the podcasts btw. Great job

[NDA]
Supertester
5,232 posts
15,642 battles

Whats your favorite map and whats your least favorite map? And Why? 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,617 posts
3,453 battles
2 hours ago, Kelorn said:

haha close, but no cigar

Let me revert back actually. Should subs be added into the game, how would you suggest they be countered? Cvs dropping depth charges? Bbs just screwed? Subs versus dds and cls (and vice versa) is quite obvious with depth charges and torpedoes, but a BB or CV vs a sub is something that will heavily affect balance

[-K-]
317 posts
6,655 battles
5 hours ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Hi @Kelorn I was wondering how you guys would feel about a tier 9 BB-56 like I mentioned in the episode 122 thread. Would love to hear if you guys think it’s worth considering. 

Pretty sure we'll talk about this next week

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
853 posts
7,308 battles

I am a fan of Italian ships (I’ll even be grabbing the Leone despite its lackluster performance). 

Do you think we will be seeing an Italian line this year? 

[-K-]
317 posts
6,655 battles
On 3/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, pastore123 said:

I am a fan of Italian ships (I’ll even be grabbing the Leone despite its lackluster performance). 

Do you think we will be seeing an Italian line this year? 

I think it's a distinct possibility. There are only so many lines left they can make

Beta Testers
567 posts
6,063 battles

What are the chances of the Tillman battleships being added?

• Cool 1

Members
2,957 posts
6,102 battles

How about a moratorium on NO Nerfing of Premium ships for 2 years from purchase date?    After that then all bets are off and they can be nerfed. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles

Opinion question. Do you guys think its ok to continue un-compensated testing of new meta on the live server? Recently I was in a T9 battle against a T9 Russian Battleship with a unicum captain, he destroyed my team. 4 kills and top spot. I applaud solid red play. however, I started thinking... My dilemma comes from how the game wants players to spend real money at T9+. The cost of running a t9 ship is high, sometimes you can lose credits even on a win. Clearly that unicum is content to rake in the winnings from a high damage, high kill game, in a ship with questionable strengths. Is it fair to players who are grinding through? (Ignoring currency loses across the red team for a moment), How about the player who placed second on the winning team, is it fair to that captain who arguably could have earned more if a more balanced ship were on his team? 

Thanks all for taking the time to answer the question! 

Edited by skillztowin
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
317 posts
6,655 battles
23 hours ago, skillztowin said:

Opinion question. Do you guys think its ok to continue un-compensated testing of new meta on the live server? Recently I was in a T9 battle against a T9 Russian Battleship with a unicum captain, he destroyed my team. 4 kills and top spot. I applaud solid red play. however, I started thinking... My dilemma comes from how the game wants players to spend real money at T9+. The cost of running a t9 ship is high, sometimes you can lose credits even on a win. Clearly that unicum is content to rake in the winnings from a high damage, high kill game, in a ship with questionable strengths. Is it fair to players who are grinding through? (Ignoring currency loses across the red team for a moment), How about the player who placed second on the winning team, is it fair to that captain who arguably could have earned more if a more balanced ship were on his team? 

This is a great question =) can't wait to answer it this week

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles

Name 1 ship ( T8 +) which should mount a premium upgrade for each upgrade available in the arsenal

Edited by skillztowin

[S3XY]
Members
1 post
1,885 battles

Hey everyone,

Heard your excitement over the 12km USSR BBs accuracy buff and it made me think of a constant discussion in my clan. We discuss the difference between maximum range and optimal range. Would you guys be in support of wargaming reworking ranges from an ideal firing range for all ships and then applying dispersion as more of a standard deviation from that optimal rather than dispersion as a constant based on the firing system?

[-K-]
317 posts
6,655 battles
On 3/21/2019 at 1:50 AM, landedkiller said:

What should Yoshino be ideally? Any news on Yoshino or Azuma?

Not yet, I'm jonesing for both of them!

• Cool 1

[-K-]
317 posts
6,655 battles

Submit your questions for this week's episode! ASHLEYakaASHLEY will be our guest!

[CVR]
Privateers, Supertester
1,459 posts
21,219 battles

what has happened to Pan-American ships?

there are many that can be incorporated into the game

Members
8 posts
1,082 battles

You guys mentioned the difficulty of navigating the landscape of the current CV rework debate as CC members. As someone who is inexperienced (sub-1000 games) and came back from a long break because of the new CV changes, how should I navigate the community waters around the class that got me to try this game?

[-K-]
317 posts
6,655 battles
3 hours ago, Urza3142 said:

You guys mentioned the difficulty of navigating the landscape of the current CV rework debate as CC members. As someone who is inexperienced (sub-1000 games) and came back from a long break because of the new CV changes, how should I navigate the community waters around the class that got me to try this game?

To be perfectly honest, I would ignore everything anyone says about the CV's and play them to decide if you like them. The topic is so contentious that even the CC's are having a hard time.

Members
8 posts
1,082 battles

Would yall be willing to have a discussion about magazine detonations in World of Warships? Ever since I got a nasty magazine detonation on a BB with a single air dropped torpedo, I have been looking into a lot of the crunch of the game mechanics and stumbled upon the engima (at least to me) that is the presence of magazine detonations. Magazine detonations caused a similar reaction in me to learning about random crits in TF2 as a shooter, as it felt strangely conflicting with the core design of the game-play and hurt the overall design philosophy of the game. What are yall's thoughts on the mechanic?

I would be interested to hear information about magazine detonations from a developer perspective (as far as we can understand it) as well as the different systems and incentives the mechanic creates in the gameplay experience, as well as what WOWS would be like without them theoretically.  

• Cool 1

[CUTIE]
Members
62 posts
9,889 battles

In the current CV system there isn't much that a CV can do to defend their own team from strikes other than using the limited fighter consumable. The old system of air control was one thing I liked probably the most about the old carriers as it had depth and allowed for more teamplay. 

How do you think WG could implement a way for a carrier to be able to do more than they can currently to help defend their team? 

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
224 posts
9,018 battles

Hi Guys! I found the podcast recently and have been enjoying the content a ton! I Have a few questions so feel free to pick any or all. 

With the testing and possible addition of iceberg mechanics to the game, what are the chances that we could see something like "Project Habakkuk" ever enter into the game? 

What are your thoughts on introducing legendary modules into the game for lower tier ships? Personally I usually just sell off my lower tier ships as I progress through the lines to the t10 ship. It could make some of those ships that don't really see much action a lot more fun to play. 

What are your thoughts on introducing a campaign version of wows, something akin to the campaign version of call of duty. I know that the operations somewhat fill this niche, but I could see a lot of appeal for something like a 1-2 player mode with historical battles. (I can hear the history nerds freaking out from here) You could even give the players a ship unique to the campaign or let the player use a ship that they may not own yet. 

Given that the vast majority of wows game modes are very team oriented, what ways could the game incentivize individuals working together as a team in random matches or ranked? (Besides having your wr% theoretically go up). 

• Cool 1