Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShipBot9000

CVs unplayable now

50 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
5,299 battles

So tried out the Midway today... spent like 50 million on the ship and all the crap and 400k research... and it's utterly worthless... fly near a Shima... lose half my planes... drop torps might get lucky with 1 hit... rest of planes dead as they leave shima... next...
Can't fly anywhere near a Mino, Moskva, DesMoiens... well just about any CA... your planes just evaporate in 3 seconds.

I mean what is the point of this now? You can't even spot now for no xp because spotting anything except a BB puts you in AA range... it's absurd to the point of absolute stupidity. Even if somehow I manage to find a straggler in a game with less experienced players, he still wipes half if not all my planes... and I do barely any damage to him relatively. Might get a 10k hit if I am lucky?

I used to play CVs in the old style and did well... now it's a joke... fly near a ship... lose all your planes... rinse repeat.

Honestly WG... what is in your collective heads on this?

Has anyone at WG actually got into a T10 carrier in a random match and tried this... I can't see how that is possible and they leave it this way??!?!?

Edited by ShipBot9000
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,083 posts
4,439 battles

A major overhaul like this cant be done in a test server. There is too few people and not a matching playstyle than what you may find on the live server. It's a work in progress

We have had 2 or 3 hotfixes and counting. It is still getting straightened out. Even still, I have not seen an excess CV population for the past few days, at least in high tiers.

Edited by _1204_
  • Meh 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,188 posts
14,164 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

A major overhaul like this cant be done in a test server. There is too few people and not a matching playstyle than what you may find on the live server. It's a work in progress

We have had 2 or 3 hotfixes and counting. It is still getting straightened out. Even still, I have not seen an excess CV population for the past few days, at least in high tiers.

I haven't seen many CV's either.

I have enough ship XP, Free XP, exchange credits ect to get the Des Moines and working on having enough XP, free XP for the Midway. Hesitant about pulling the trigger on either. Currently have the Salem out of the Arsenal. Don't know if it is worth having both.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

wargaming are just incompetent and unable to do their jobs thats why they ask the community what should we do all the time

they try to pass it off has if they are listening to their customers but the truth is they are just real bad at their jobs and should all pay us a % of their profit for doing their research and developpement for them

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[NGA-A]
Members
1,273 posts
7,336 battles
4 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

wargaming are just incompetent and unable to do their jobs thats why they ask the community what should we do all the time

they try to pass it off has if they are listening to their customers but the truth is they are just real bad at their jobs and should all pay us a % of their profit for doing their research and developpement for them

Wow, talk about a worthless statement.

• Meh 2

[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
4 minutes ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Sounds like a git gud issue

Not really, AA is overtuned. I wiped two torp squads in the first few minutes of the game in a yammy. CV guy was shocked when he asked me if I was full AA and I said nope, not a single AA skill on my build.

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles
Just now, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Not really, AA is overtuned. I wiped two torp squads in the first few minutes of the game in a yammy. CV guy was shocked when he asked me if I was full AA and I said nope, not a single AA skill on my build.

Surely that's why people can still pull 70%+ winrates and >150K average damage stats as they did before the rework.

• Meh 1

[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
Just now, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Surely that's why people can still pull 70%+ winrates and >150K average damage stats as they did before the rework.

Are they? 

• Cool 1

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Are they? 

Have you been living under a rock? Haven't you noticed that the top scorers have only increased their stats even as the average dropped?

• Meh 1

[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
Just now, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Have you been living under a rock? Haven't you noticed that the top scorers have only increased their stats even as the average dropped?

Who? Pulicat hasn't, Gaishou hasn't....

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,188 posts
14,164 battles

I like CV's. Used to love them under the pre 8.0. Only play the Langley in random now. The rest in co-op. Just taking time to learn them however they are still in flux. A very fluid situation. Next tweak and the nerf bat may hit the AA a bit. May give a little love to spotting again. 

[WORX]
Members
9,674 posts
17,623 battles
2 minutes ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

>150K average damage stats as they did before the rework.

^^^^ After the worst patches (starting wih 0.8.0.1)in where one class ships gets not one but three nerf patch in a row.... I doubt ANYONE... Can do this in a tier 10 CV, IF they can, the economy is brutal that its not worth the struggle. This is not a get gud issue... Its common sense, its not worth the struggle to lose credits...

CV game play is not fun... THAT is no good for WOWS CV program goal. I see it as a failure so far... (except 0.8.0. that was excepted as a good work by those who play CV in game).

• Cool 2

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Who? Pulicat hasn't, Gaishou hasn't....

Now I know you're being deliberately ignorant. Both players have only seen their stats skyrocket since the rework hit live. But we're all supposed to believe AA is overtuned somehow, when in fact people just have no clue how to exploit the current AA system.

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^^ After the worst patches (starting wih 0.8.0.1)in where one class ships gets not one but three nerf patch in a row.... I doubt ANYONE... Can do this in a tier 10 CV, IF they can, the economy is brutal that its not worth the struggle. This is not a get gud issue... Its common sense, its not worth the struggle to lose credits...

CV game play is not fun... THAT is no good for WOWS CV program goal. I see it as a failure so far... (except 0.8.0. that was excepted as a good work by those who play CV in game).

dunno about you, but I averaged >180K in the last 7 days (the vast majority of which were played after 8.0.3)

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
14 minutes ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Now I know you're being deliberately ignorant. Both players have only seen their stats skyrocket since the rework hit live. But we're all supposed to believe AA is overtuned somehow, when in fact people just have no clue how to exploit the current AA system.

Lets clear this up. Are you meaning the whole rework or the gameplay from the last hotfix? If the first, yes, the top dogs WR and Damage have skyrocketed... if the second, no.

If you disagree with the second portion, post a replay of you in a CV.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
additional info added

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
39 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I think carriers are doing just fine I'm having a lot of fun

Same.  First couple days were rough, but it’s making more sense every day.  My Saipan still feels like trash, but the other USN CVs seem fine.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Lets clear this up. Are you meaning the whole rework or the gameplay from the last hotfix? If the first, yes, the top dogs WR and Damage have skyrocketed... if the second, no.

25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Please take note that:

44 minutes ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Sounds like a git gud issue 

knows what he is talking about...he is #1 in the Hall of Fame presently...care to take a guess what type of ships he's been using to obtain that status?

CVs are as OP as they ever were...there's just a new set of mechanics that must be mastered (as opposed to strafing & manual drops). What that set of mechanics are I never figured out but I do know that knowing just how to dodge the AA bursts are part of it.

BTW...I watched a few of Pulicat's videos...trust me...his stats are skyrocketing based on what I saw.

Edit: All of the nerfs so fart are to try & balance the game against players like these guys...once they figure out how to do that they may include "finalized clues" as to how others may be able to obtain the same level of balanced gameplay...but 1st they have to get by these guys...GL WG!!!

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

The whole rework obviously. 

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles
Just now, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I'm talking since the last hotfix...

Quote from the OP:

I used to play CVs in the old style and did well... now it's a joke... fly near a ship... lose all your planes... rinse repeat.

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,445 battles
21 minutes ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Any hints as to what those exploits are (T8+)?  In the interest of my gittin' gud?

Edited by ExploratorOne

[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
3 minutes ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Quote from the OP: 

1 hour ago, ShipBot9000 said:

So tried out the Midway today... spent like 50 million on the ship and all the crap and 400k research... and it's utterly worthless... fly near a Shima... lose half my planes... drop torps might get lucky with 1 hit... rest of planes dead as they leave shima... next...
Can't fly anywhere near a Mino, Moskva, DesMoiens... well just about any CA... your planes just evaporate in 3 seconds.

I was paying attention to this part...

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

[WORX]
Members
9,674 posts
17,623 battles
23 minutes ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

dunno about you, but I averaged >180K in the last 7 days (the vast majority of which were played after 8.0.3)

Lets see here, Cruisers and BBS are off limits due to strong AA. Only DDs left to go against.. Tier 10 DDs have a 22k base HP of they have CPT skills that is increase by 7k hp... So I can see anyone going after the easy targets to get to 100k easy... The other 80k ( or less depending one how many DDs and BBs  ratio in a match) is not so easy..

For a tier 10 CV... That is not worth the struggle.

My point is, if I want to go after DDs, I'll pick a cruiser and I can make a profit instead of a loss with a CV.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this