You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

Poll: now that it's highly likely that Giulio Cesare will be tier 6, does this affect future purchases?

Future premium ship purchasing decisions  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Will your spending habits be affected by this change?

• Will buy more premium ships
    • Will buy the same amount of premium ships
    • Will buy less premium ships
    • Will not buy any more premium ships
    • Wallet is permanently closed to WG
  2. 2. What is the best kind of bacon?

• Pork bacon
    • Turkey bacon
    • Canadian aka back bacon
    • Tofu bacon

137 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
13,972 battles

Very simple poll: Now that Guinio Bruto is being tested as the tier 6 Giulio Cesare, which means going forward that any premium purchased with cash will be changed at any time as per the EULA, will you be purchasing any future premium ships?

Edited by Rabbitt81

[WMD]
Members
1,391 posts
9,086 battles

Your poll is broken, there is no "American" bacon... there is just bacon. Also, Canadian bacon is called back bacon if you're not from the US.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles
1 minute ago, VeatherVitch said:

Your poll is broken, there is no "American" bacon... there is just bacon. Also, Canadian bacon is called back bacon if you're not from the US.

Canadian Bacon is called HAM. Get it right.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
3 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Not quite - that is Overcooked/burnt ham. LOL

[WMD]
Members
1,391 posts
9,086 battles
Just now, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Technically it's not, as it comes from tha back of the pig rather than the hind legs... Though it really is just cured pork like a ham.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
13,972 battles
2 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Fixed it, thanks

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,116 posts
15,197 battles

I am fine with it. I would actually like WG to fix any other OP prem ships that are no longer available in a similar fashion. This will not effect my future purchases in any way.

I own nearly all of them by the way.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,606 posts
17,341 battles

The biggest thing affecting my future purchases is a method to make a purchase... AT ALL!!!!  Everything else is moot.

That said, the tier changes has zero affect on my willingness to acquire Premium ships.  I've always acquire these ships with the understanding they may change in some way.  But again, I can't acquire without a method to buy them.

• Cool 1

Members
1,027 posts
6,184 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

I am fine with it. I would actually like WG to fix any other OP prem ships that are no longer available in a similar fashion.

I own nearly all of them by the way.

Careful or you will be labeled a lackey like I was earlier lol.

• Meh 1

[CAPGO]
Members
743 posts
7,301 battles

These kind of polls are almost useless.. I am a huge whale as I buy almost everything from ships,container,premium days, signal flags, and etc.

Changing GC to tier 6 won't change my spending habit on this game because I still love the game. As long as I am in love with the game, I won't hesitate to click that purchase button.

BUT, it is indeed a let down from WG. I am still in love but, deep down, I feel betrayed a tiny bit. 

I am still in love but the feeling of one-side love is growing and whispering me to wake up and realize.

I am still in love but I am starting to feel the love is spoiled.

I am still in love but I am starting to look away.. starting to think about realities.

I am still in love but I am starting to weigh things.

I am worried that I won't be in love in near future because I like being in love with this game.

Oh.. well....

GC needed balancing(nerf) but not like this.... this feels like abuse.. I feel like my love and my support to the game has been abused.

Edited by VVoony
  • Cool 2

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
12,460 battles

While I understand Premium ships can get nerved by changes to overall game mechanics, I expect when I buy a Premium ship it will not be changed directly in a negative way.

Considering Wargaming hyped GC as one of the rare ships that could be acquired through holiday containers, I think this move could have some major economic consequences in the future.

• Cool 2

[UFFA]
Members
2,068 posts
75 battles
5 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The biggest thing affecting my future purchases is a method to make a purchase... AT ALL!!!!  Everything else is moot.

That said, the tier changes has zero affect on my willingness to acquire Premium ships.  I've always acquire these ships with the understanding they may change in some way.  But again, I can't acquire without a method to buy them.

Amazon pay still dead? Forgot about that.

Members
118 posts

I’m waiting to see what exactly WG does with Guino Bruto after testing 1st and then I’ll decide.

Oh and Tofu Bacon?  I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,116 posts
15,197 battles
1 minute ago, khorender_1 said:

Careful or you will be labeled a lackey like I was earlier lol.

I am an admitted fan boy but certainly not a lackey lol.

Down GIF

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles

But it's not official.  The Gulio is just being tested at Tier 6.  I think it's very likely it will be moved up, but let's not jump the gun until it's actually official.  

• Cool 1

[K0]
Members
1,754 posts
7,870 battles

I am glad to see that I am on the right side of history, supporting pork bacon.

To be honest, I always thought that the expectation that paid content is exempt from balance changes was a bit weird, as WoWS is my first (and likely only) experience with WG products.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,503 posts
11,213 battles

I didn't even know there was such a thing as tofu bacon! Anyone know who sells it?

As an owner of an up tiered premium (Saipan) my fingers is crossed for the owners and digital ship of GC.

Edited by Crokodone

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles
1 minute ago, Crokodone said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing as tofu bacon! Anyone know who sells it?

Soulless people with dead eyes and no joy in their lives.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,823 posts
8,081 battles

Yashma is right, nothing is official yet.

As for the poll, anything that has to be mashed together, dyed and squeezed through a mold to resemble bacon is not, in fact, bacon - and I am fully prepared to die on this hill. Yes turkey and tofu, that means you. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,589 posts
10,247 battles
11 minutes ago, yashma said:

But it's not official.  The Gulio is just being tested at Tier 6.  I think it's very likely it will be moved up, but let's not jump the gun until it's actually official.  

As I played my GC last week, RNGesus was kind enough to put me as bottom tier for several games.      So, I ran a pseudo test in playing against T6/T7.      And she held up remarkably well.

Of course, I'm missing a data point, and that is against the T8's.    Maybe a little training room practice against some T8 bots to see how she'll fare...   

Edited by DiddleDum

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Doesn't effect my choice other than I will be less likely to RUSH to buy a premium based on glowing reviews that suggest it is overpowered and likely to be pulled. I likely will eventually get them all, as much as I hate to do that, and will relish in that hope that I will not be SUBJECT to playing against overpowered premiums nor feel as if I am deliberately handicapping myself when I don't play mine. Also, I hope that the attitude shift will allow WGing to feel more safe in buffing premiums that are SERIOUSLY underperforming knowing that if they go too far in the other direction, they can reign it in. After Christmas everyone and their mother has a wonder port queen, Kryspy Kream sitting there doing nothing, and we ALL know it needs buffs but I'd wager dime to donuts it DOESN'T get any because WGing is so (overly) careful to not risk making it overpowered they just shrug and figure to leave it be.

Edited by _RC1138

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,503 posts
11,213 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Soulless people with dead eyes and no joy in their lives.

ROFL!!!! LAUGHING so hard it brought tiers to my eyes! Well done sire LOL!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,083 posts
4,439 battles

Nerfs and buffs are exciting. Your ship may get better, or it may be tweaked. Typically you can see nerfs coming a mile away. Adding premium ships into that is perfectly fine by me. Best case scenario I get my hands on a Nikolai:Smile_coin:

I'll still buy the battleships and eat plenty of bacons

[-TKS-]
Members
818 posts
13,548 battles

i dont mind balancing of any ship. i dont like the nerfs specially these back door nerfs to radar , concealment and AA on some of the other ships but As far as the GC had over a year to play the OP ship and its been fun. The question to me is at what point does the ship require a refund and more importantly it really depends if they refund in original purchase currency  If thats the case im all good , if its doubloons well i think im done for a bit. .