WuYixiang

What do you listen to in-game?

24 comments in this topic

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

Out of curiosity, what do people listen to while playing WoWs? The regular in-game music? Eurobeat for those awesome torpedobeats? Heck, even a soundtrack from another game?

I listen to KanColle's official orchestral soundtrack by the Tokyo Philharmonic as well as Melodic Taste's renditions and Somnium's music.

[O7]
Members
1,952 posts
16,206 battles

I typically either have a livestream on one of my other screens or listen to my own spotty. Typically metal, Nightwish at the moment.

[MEIST]
Members
1,335 posts
5,004 battles
5 minutes ago, galspanic said:

My 9 year old whining about wanting a snack and my 12 year old telling me I'm a horrible father

Get a water spray bottle. You use that a few times and they will leave you alone. :Smile_teethhappy:

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts

Usually my clanmates in teamspeak talking about the battle - or whining about how Matchmaker has it out for them.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
4 hours ago, jager_geist said:

Get a water spray bottle. You use that a few times and they will leave you alone. :Smile_teethhappy:

Cats = children, right?

Members
691 posts
8,765 battles

I don't have a "regular" thing that I listen to while gaming whether it be WOWS, EQ, UWO or anything else.  I listen to news, podcasts and all kinds of music.  But I do need to listen to something other than game sounds and music.  The music especially gets too repetitive for me.  I like it well enough.  Some of it is really good but then it's, "Oh here we go...battle music...again"" and I end up tuning it out"  Musically I'll pop on a random playlist from my library and hit shuffle.  That's the nice thing about using your own library.  You know it'll be something you like.

[FBSD]
[FBSD]
Members
16 posts
10,814 battles

I have two go-to playlists when it comes to music during play: Metal and orchestral cinematic. I find the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack particularly inspiring. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,620 posts
24,017 battles

Use my second screen to watch netflix/amazon prime/youtube

[RMN]
Members
146 posts
3,015 battles

The actual naval forces mode in War Thunder has been a massive disappointment, (love their air and ground modes though!) but Gaijin sure knows how to put together a good sound track! 

[IND8]
Members
80 posts
2,480 battles

I usually have Netflix playing. Usually something I've already seen and that has re-watch value.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

Swapped over to a more diverse range of orchestral OSTs lately.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,138 posts
6,019 battles
16 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I started out really iffy in [Vladivostok], but I think I've got her figured out now after I discovered this one little trick:

APPARENTLY, and nobody tell the devs I found this out, they might nerf it if they catch wind of people knowing, there's a hidden stat in the Russian battleships that give them a +5% buff to all stats AND +20% RNG bias if you have the Soviet National Anthem, Soviet March from Red Alert 3, or anything performed by the Red Army Choir playing in the background. I'm not sure if that applies to all Russian ships, but it definitely does with Vladivostok.

All joking aside, I've got a playlist with a little bit of everything. From Eurobeats, to epicness, to accordion for messing around with Dunkerque:

And yes, there's also the Hymn to Red October (it's close enough) and Soviet March on there. How else would I be doing so well with Vlad? :cap_book:

[WK]
952 posts
12,610 battles

Varies WILDLY, but what I tend to listen too...

Yes, LevelUP's video from last Saturday introduced me to the 3rd one, but have been listening to it a LOT this past week.

:Smile_hiding:

[0456]
Members
452 posts
8,853 battles

as much as i luv music, i rock in game sounds at all times for maximum concentration & effect (it's all about the noises)

that & the sound of my own heavy breathing

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,717 posts
14,083 battles

Mostly depends on my mood and the ship nation/ship class I'm playing.  Majority of my collection is Jazz, Rock, Eurobeat, Funk/Trance/House, anime BGM/OST, and Video game tracks. The 1 thing they almost always have in common is that they have a high energy feeling or are have fast tempo to get the adreniline pumping.:cap_viking:

examples:

CV play

Spoiler

BB Play ( North Carolina/Massachusetts song 1 only cause it sounds like AA)

Spoiler

Heavy Cruisers

Spoiler

Light Cruisers

Spoiler

Torpedo DD

Spoiler

IJN/RU gunboat DD

Spoiler

USS Salem/Des-moines

Spoiler

submarines

Spoiler

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.