Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

8.0.4 CV fix

10 comments in this topic

Members
3,725 posts

Planes are still doing too much spotting and stealth AA fire isn't fair to the CV players. Even if you categorize it as one of those unfair things that happens sometimes, like detonations, it is more punitive to some CVs than others which will make balancing problematic. WG you should at least test plane spotting as minimap only with reverting the 20% air detection nerf.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,084 posts
5,771 battles

8.1 hit today FTR....    there will be no more 8.0.anything

[S0L0]
4,084 posts
5,771 battles
1 minute ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

Y'mean early morning tomorrow.

oops...correct

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,958 posts
14,614 battles

I dont see a problem in the 20% air det buff for dds... but for cruisers in high tier its one extreme problem.

[DENY]
Beta Testers
256 posts
12,442 battles
40 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

WG you should at least test plane spotting as minimap only with reverting the 20% air detection nerf.

I actually suggested something kind of like this while ago, and I don't see what the problem would be with his whatever the cv spots shows up on the mini map unless ships are in their visual. 

When I'm playing DD rocket planes never bothered me, it was more being focused on buy every ship in the game because I was spotted by aircraft. 

[TARK]
Members
5,263 posts
2,151 battles

IMO, we need to nerf BB AA...that will solve the over hunting of DDs while pushing CVs towards the intended meta...

Battleships must rely on support classes, DDs for distant screening, CLs and CAs for close in screening, and CVs for distant fleet scouting and minor damage support.

Right now, Battleships are practically invulnerable to non-tier 10 CVs.

[ERN]
1,294 posts
6 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Planes are still doing too much spotting and stealth AA fire isn't fair to the CV players. Even if you categorize it as one of those unfair things that happens sometimes, like detonations, it is more punitive to some CVs than others which will make balancing problematic. WG you should at least test plane spotting as minimap only with reverting the 20% air detection nerf.

The basic mistake that you're making is you think that CV's can be "balanced" in this game. They can't. Reality is, CV's have been dominant since 1940, when the British showed that no surface fleet is safe when CV's are present (Taranto). Pearl Harbor only reinforced that lesson. It was writ large at Midway. Facts are when there are CV's present, every other ship in a fleet become subsidiary to that CV. 

We have the same issue in this game. When there are CV's present, they are defacto, the most important ships on that team. That's how this game got broken. It will stay broken until they are removed from the game.

Thumbs down? Because I am speaking a fundamental truth? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 hour ago, RA6E_ said:

8.1 hit today FTR....    there will be no more 8.0.anything

1 hour ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

Y'mean early morning tomorrow.

If you have it set, you can download today for tomorrow. When I logged in this morning, it started the download for tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this