Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
general_D_H_Chun

I propose a Russian CL/CA split, dear WeeGee.

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
228 posts
5,880 battles

Something bothers me about the Russian cruiser line. Look at it. At tier 6 through 8 we have paper armored light cruisers who eat devstrikes like food. Then t9 we get the Kirov guns armed Donskoi. It needs IFHE to pen 32mm. It can't bowtank. It spams HE.

Then we get to Moskva. Where's the transition? How did we go from all rounder cruiser to half-battleship?

I propose some changes to highlight the large gun calliber of the russian cruisers, and to add an alternate strength to eccentrify the soviet light cruiser line.

First, I want Moskva moved down to tier nine, and Donskoi to tier eight. They will have larger gun calliber than previous vessels making them a good leadin. So, what's the t10? Isn't it obvious? Something like the Moskva, but bigger and better. 305mm of pain.

Yes, I am suggesting we bring a project 82 cruiser in as the next step in tech tree from Moskva. You know this class by another name. The Stalingrad class of cruisers. They weren't going to build just one. It's the russian cruiser line pinnacle. Forget Moskva. No Russian Admiral would pick Moskva's peashooters over Stalingrad's fun dispensers.

From Schors, we split to two ships. The more heavily armed and tankier Donskoi, and the light and nimble Chapayev. From Chapayev onwards, I propose the Sverdlov as the tier nine russian CL. Its sister, Kutuzov is already ingame. It's a coldwar era vessel, and Kutuzov herself often gets called a tier nine in a t8 skin. 

From Sverdlov, I propose a made-up design, but I did my best of pencilling a proposed t10 russian light's stats, while also featuring a unique mechanic.

T10 Russian Cruiser Korolev (because cold war also I like rockets)
Hp: 50,700
3x5 in ABCXY setup (Somewhat similar to Helena)
Bow: 25mm Deck: 30mm Upper belt: 30mm, Lower belt: 126mm (because 1mm superiority to Worcester is indicative of societ superiority)
Speed: Babushka on the freeway (36 knots)
Rudder: 11.5 seconds
Turning circle: 750m
AA: Boris on the deck scaring planes out of the sky
(Inner, 760 continuous, Midrange, 500 continuous, outer, 1976 continuous. Hit rate 80%, flak burst- 2260)

HE: 2700 
AP: 3000
Initial velocity for both: 1000m/s (shell velocity should be this branch's "thing")
Reload of entire magazine clip- 55 seconds
Size of burst: 6 volleys
Seconds between shot in burst- 2s
Time to reload individual shot in clip- 12 seconds

Torpedoes: Range 10km, speed, 60 knts, damage, 14600. 5 per side.

Consumables: damage control, premium reload 60 seconds, 
repair party- 2% per second, 20s active time.
Surveillance radar- duration: 12 seconds, range, 14.7km
Defensive fire: [it's the Stalingrad DFAA]
Hydroaccoustic search: range 4.7km, duration, 120s, reload, 180s

Did you catch it? It's a World of Tanks Italian autoloader. In World of Warships. This mechanic could define a unique role for this line, while also providing PROGRESSION for the line full of light cruisers which currently ends in Battleship Moskva.

Moskva could progress to the Stalingrad class cruiser, and give us an actual feel for the heavy cruiser branch. 

A five turreted super Kutuzov is a unique design, and I feel with adjustments, an autoloading mechanic in WoWS could be something unique. Provided Minsk doesn't sue us for stealing their WoT mechanics. 

 

Edited by general_D_H_Chun
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
602 posts
19,884 battles
12 minutes ago, general_D_H_Chun said:

Something bothers me about the Russian cruiser line. Look at it. At tier 6 through 8 we have paper armored light cruisers who eat devstrikes like food. Then t9 we get the Kirov guns armed Donskoi. It needs IFHE to pen 32mm. It can't bowtank. It spams HE.

Then we get to Moskva. Where's the transition? How did we go from all rounder cruiser to half-battleship?

I propose some changes to highlight the large gun calliber of the russian cruisers, and to add an alternate strength to eccentrify the soviet light cruiser line.

First, I want Moskva moved down to tier nine, and Donskoi to tier eight. They will have larger gun calliber than previous vessels making them a good leadin. So, what's the t10? Isn't it obvious? Something like the Moskva, but bigger and better. 305mm of pain.

Yes, I am suggesting we bring a project 82 cruiser in as the next step in tech tree from Moskva. You know this class by another name. The Stalingrad class of cruisers. They weren't going to build just one. It's the russian cruiser line pinnacle. Forget Moskva. No Russian Admiral would pick Moskva's peashooters over Stalingrad's fun dispensers.

From Schors, we split to two ships. The more heavily armed and tankier Donskoi, and the light and nimble Chapayev. From Chapayev onwards, I propose the Sverdlov as the tier nine russian CL. Its sister, Kutuzov is already ingame. It's a coldwar era vessel, and Kutuzov herself often gets called a tier nine in a t8 skin. 

From Sverdlov, I propose a made-up design, but I did my best of pencilling a proposed t10 russian light's stats, while also featuring a unique mechanic.

T10 Russian Cruiser Korolev (because cold war also I like rockets)
Hp: 50,700
3x5 in ABCXY setup (Somewhat similar to Helena)
Bow: 25mm Deck: 30mm Upper belt: 30mm, Lower belt: 126mm (because 1mm superiority to Worcester is indicative of societ superiority)
Speed: Babushka on the freeway (36 knots)
Rudder: 11.5 seconds
Turning circle: 750m
AA: Boris on the deck scaring planes out of the sky
(Inner, 760 continuous, Midrange, 500 continuous, outer, 1976 continuous. Hit rate 80%, flak burst- 2260)

HE: 2700 
AP: 3000
Initial velocity for both: 1000m/s (shell velocity should be this branch's "thing")
Reload of entire magazine clip- 55 seconds
Size of burst: 6 volleys
Seconds between shot in burst- 2s
Time to reload individual shot in clip- 12 seconds

Torpedoes: Range 10km, speed, 60 knts, damage, 14600. 5 per side.

Consumables: damage control, premium reload 60 seconds, 
repair party- 2% per second, 20s active time.
Surveillance radar- duration: 12 seconds, range, 14.7km
Defensive fire: [it's the Stalingrad DFAA]
Hydroaccoustic search: range 4.7km, duration, 120s, reload, 180s

Did you catch it? It's a World of Tanks Italian autoloader. In World of Warships. This mechanic could define a unique role for this line, while also providing PROGRESSION for the line full of light cruisers which currently ends in Battleship Moskva.

Moskva could progress to the Stalingrad class cruiser, and give us an actual feel for the heavy cruiser branch. 

A five turreted super Kutuzov is a unique design, and I feel with adjustments, an autoloading mechanic in WoWS could be something unique. Provided Minsk doesn't sue us for stealing their WoT mechanics. 

 

Nah. 

 

Like, seriously, give WG all the crap they want for muh paper designs, but especially when it comes to Russian ships there's ALWAYS a blueprint. Not to mention, Moskva at T9?? That thing is already strong as hell at T10, and you want it to face cruisers that it can easily overmatch? Donskoi to T8? one of the more balanced T9 CLs? It seems like you're trying to move well balanced ships down a tier cuz you want a F2P Stalingrad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[MIA-P]
Members
101 posts
8,206 battles

@Kaga_Kai_Ni Idk if you are being sarcastic or not, but I agree on having a split. Donskoi-Moskva feels like a weird transition. Yes, the identity is preserved, but the gameplay is not. I would say we should just have a split from T7 onwards as in:
Chapayev           BP Ship
        I                         I
Donskoi              BP Ship
        I                         I
BP Ship              Moskva.
I do agree with @Kingpin61, we don't need F2P Stalingrad. Moskva can stay where she is, no need to change anything else. She is perfect as she stands.

Edited by Roon_Zwei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[P33DZ]
Members
31 posts
7,679 battles
4 minutes ago, Roon_Zwei said:

@Kaga_Kai_Ni Idk if you are being sarcastic or not, but I agree on having a split. Donskoi-Moskva feels like a weird transition. Yes, the identity is preserved, but the gameplay is not. I would say we should just have a split from T7 onwards as in:
Chapayev           BP Ship
Donskoi              BP Ship
Sverdlov              Moskva.
Sadly, I do agree with @Kingpin61, we don't need F2P Stalingrad. Moskva can stay where she is, no need to change anything else. She is perfect as she stands.

lmbo what do you mean sadly you agree with Kingpin 

Edited by ITshark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
297
[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
712 posts
5,705 battles
35 minutes ago, general_D_H_Chun said:

First, I want Moskva moved down to tier nine, and Donskoi to tier eight...

Ok let's stop here.
What is the justification of moving Moskva down a tier? Moving Donskoi down a tier?

Sure we can tree split, but this isn't the way. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
602 posts
19,884 battles
40 minutes ago, ITshark said:

lmbo what do you mean sadly you agree with Kingpin 

I mean, 

>agreeing with kingpin

 

it truly is a sad day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles

I must interject here. T6-7 are project designs. T8 is a built in steel and served ship. Nothing paper about her.

 

Budyonny is Project 65, Shchors is Project 68 i think.

Not sure about Donskoi's project number, and Moskva is Project 66.

 

For all people yell about paper Russian ships, the number of tech tree ships that are blueprint designs are pretty equal to other nations (France and Germany come to mind). As for the premiums, only one is a blueprint. Every other premium was built or in the process of being built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clan Supertest Coordinator
1,817 posts
8,588 battles

Ok can we have a proper logical and reasonable proposal if you are going to make one?

All I read here is just your personal wish list for Santa Claus's Christmas gift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
228 posts
5,880 battles

All of you fail to understand me. I typed the statistics at eight in the evening in bed. I didn't exactly have months of deliberation. I know it's too strong. It's an example. Please try to boil this down

-I hate a line that only crosses the 32mm HE pen/Heavy cruiser threshold at tier TEN

-I wanted a logical progression that would represent a fulfillment of the design doctrine for existing russian ships (Kutuzovs, Chapayevs, etc.)

-I did not state, "this is what a split HAS to be like." I also do not remember stating, "this is what a tier ten russian light cruiser HAS to be"

-People complain "wait, hold on, isn't Stalingrad just Moskva but better?" This would resolve their complaints. The project 82 large cruisers progressed FROM the Moskvas, not the other way round.

-I didn't say a tier ten Stalingrad class cruiser would be identical to the Stalingrad. I'm not an absolute nincompoop. I understand ships need balancing. You are the ones who assumed I'd just stick the Stalingrad into the tech tree as a silver ship. I've played that ship. I know just how "balans" it is. Please don't accuse me of wanking off to imaginary russian ships. I don't.

-Moskva at tier nine would be significantly changed. The goal here is to have a large calliber tier ten russian ship MAKE SENSE based on previous ships. Nerf its reload ridiculously? bow 25mm? deck armor nerf? Just because a ship once existed at a tier doesn't mean it can't ever be made balanced once moved one tier down. I never said you shouldn't change it and I don't understand where your line of logic for "it was at one point tier ten, therefore we can't move it down"

-Rather than replace all the heavy cruisers (just Moskva to be specific) with light cruisers, by splitting the line, this would still fulfill the idea while creating actual progression for the heavy cruiser line. THAT is my proposal. Not "my example stats below HAVE to be made into a ship," or "this HAS to happen." My ONLY real suggestion is to maybe add the Italian autoloading mechanic into the game. The ship would be able to have insane DPM for six shots, but wouldn't be able to fire for practically the next 50 seconds. DDs could farm you in that time if you don't kill them. People can just go to town on you in that window. The Autoloading mechanic would be interesting in a CL line in WoWS. That is all.

-As I said, it's an EXAMPLE of what it would be like. Anything you see on the stat card can be changed, nerfed, hammered. I'm fine with that completely. The goal is a unique t10 CL that introduces an autoloader mechanic into WoWS. Again, I just typed this at eight before going to sleep. Please don't deepfry me on balance, this is my first pretend design. I'm FULLY AWARE a five turret Kutuzov with IS-3A loading mechanics is far too much.

In conclusion, the statistics included, the line changes, all are HYPOTHETICAL. I just thought an autoloading mechanic could make a line really unique. And then I thought that a good opportunity to implement said mechanic would be in a tier ten light cruiser. And I wanted a t10 russian light cruiser because I have no idea how we get from Chapayev to Moskva in two tiers. I'm sorry, explain it to me. I don't understand.

For the last time, the statistics are COMPLETELY MADE UP. I UNDERSTAND they are rather [edited]. Please understand I just wanted to demonstrate how an autoloading mechanic would work, and how a pinnacle of the class flavor of ships like the Kutuzov or Chapayev or Schors would make sense. ANYTHING you see they can nerf. I don't care.

I'm sorry if you all thought I just wanted more overpowered ships to play with. If you want, you can show what you're ideas for a logical cruiser progression in the Russian line could be.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[DDMAF]
Members
2,432 posts
14,444 battles

The Soviet line is weird and could use a split. I don't fully agree with the proposal as is, but there is thought there that makes some sense.

I ended up selling Moskva; it just wasn't for me. If I could have a T10 Chapayev, though....oh man....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×