You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DavidNXS

No way CV getting new weapons to deal soley with DDS

28 comments in this topic

[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,575 battles

Uh, hate to break it to you, but nothing you said is very accurate.

1: The myth that CV have no threat is false. CV risk offensive capability as opposed to HP. More aircraft lost = lower offensive capacity.

2: So can an Atlanta/Des Moines behind an island and smoke screen. Point invalid.

3: As of 0.8.0.3 many ships have AA ranges larger than their Aerial spotting range. How many DD can spot large numbers of ships without being seen? Quite a few, mostly at low-mid tier.

Argument rated 2/10 not well thought out.

*Edit* bottom signature thing may be what I saw. Wasn't separated well. You can disregard as you please.

Edited by Halonut24

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,990 battles
1 minute ago, ElAurens said:

*EL slowly backs out of thread, wondering WTH is going on here.*

Anybody seen EL?  I thought I saw … What the ….  *Also slowly backs out.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,077 posts
5,729 battles

giphy.gif

News Flash... WG adjusting by replacing rockets in 8.1    

[SBS]
Members
5,226 posts
7 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

giphy.gif

News Flash... WG adjusting by replacing rockets in 8.1    

DDs are so fragile even nerf guns knock their engines out. :Smile_hiding: 

Members
116 posts
25 minutes ago, DavidNXS said:

pbomb.jpg

As a DD main I say nerf guns and pigeons are still too powerful. I want to be able to stay outside spotting range and torpedo ships anything that stops me from doing that is OP.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[R-F]
Members
1,770 posts
10,228 battles

Do you know they did in fact experiment with pigeon guided bombs in WWII?

Pigeons were shown a video of a ship at sea and were trained to peck at the image of the ship among the waves.  Once trained, a wire harness was attached to the pigeon that could detect which direction the pigeon was leaning.  Said wires could then be connected to the control surfaces on a bomb or rocket, and thus the pigeon could steer the munition towards the target.  IIRC testing was going fairly well but the project was shut down regardless.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,799 battles

I've sunk up to 23 ships with my secondary guns in my RTS Ryujo and I've sunk 2 ships with my secondary guns in my Action Kaga. DDs don't scare me nor do I need anything else to fight them with.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,799 battles
5 minutes ago, GoaJim said:

Challenge accepted!!!

I've accepted that if I am gonna die in a close-quarters gun fight that I will fight and believe a miracle can happen. They've happen to me plenty of times. (Almost) no one played like me and (almost) no one plays like me.

Edited by Vangm94

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,614 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

I've sunk up to 23 ships with my secondary guns in my RTS Ryujo and I've sunk 2 ships with my secondary guns in my Action Kaga. DDs don't scare me nor do I need anything else to fight them with.

You shouldn't be scared of DDs. Why would you since you now have rocket planes and are effectively immune to fire. Most DD's will take half a match to sink a full HP CV while the CV simply runs while spamming rockets till the DD is dead. Golf clap for you.

Edited by Ares1967

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,799 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

You shouldn't be scared of DDs. Why would you since you now have rocket planes and are effectively immune to fire. Most DD's will take half a match to sink a full HP CV while the CV simply runs while spams rockets till the DD is dead. Golf clap for you.

By the time I attack a DD with attack planes, it is at the middle or end of the game. I ignore DDs now because they are not worth it. When I was in RTS Ryujo, I got rid of a lot of DDs. Want to know the secret to not get hit by cross-dropped "chasing" torpedoes? Slow down and maneuver and let the torpedoes pass you. 

I've not been scared of DDs for a long time, rather I've not been scared to fight any ship in close-quarters-combat because by the time that happens I am already dead so I would rather charge at them bow forward while trying to get my guns to shoot at them than to turn away in a slow attempt to runaway.

Don't underestimate a CV willing to fight back. I got my 23 secondary kills in my Ryujo because of that.

• Cool 1