Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

How does a game randomly end at 500 pts?

19 comments in this topic

Members
2,257 posts
4,965 battles

How does a game end when enemy team has 500 pts in a random battle?

Enemy team has 1 cap. We have 2. They are at 497 pts and we lose 1 ship. Game ends in our defeat. How is that possible when u need 1000pts to win?

[HINON]
Members
12,788 posts

How many points did your team have and how much time was left? Either the match time ran out or your team hit 0 points due to losses.

Members
2,257 posts
4,965 battles
2 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Your team's points went to zero. If a team hits 1,000 they win. If a team hits 0 they lose. 

losing maybe 3 ships puts you at 0? 

[WOLFG]
Members
27,102 posts
7,217 battles
6 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

4 will do it if it happens quickly enough, and the ships lost aren't DDs.

Members
1,252 posts
7,142 battles
8 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

If you didn't gain any points by capping or sinking enemy ships you can end up near zero real quick. It's this or you didn't notice the timer. Games just don't randomly end in defeats. 

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
18 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Enemy team has 1 cap. We have 2. They are at 497 pts and we lose 1 ship. Game ends in our defeat. How is that possible when u need 1000pts to win?

Time limit? Or your team reaches 0 points?

Edited by WuYixiang

[SYN]
Members
5,760 posts
13,123 battles
14 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

As others have already pointed out:

• If a team reaches 1000 points, they win
  • If a team falls to 0 points, they lose.
  • If the battle timer runs out, the team with the most point wins

The sudden loss like what you experienced can happen when the other team quickly sinks some of your highest value ships and grabs caps, while your team does basically nothing in return - no caps and no sinking of opposing ships.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles
44 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the score at the end of the game?

Did the game go the entire match length? What mode was it? 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

We had a game yesterday too where we won around 950 points immediately after I died (?)  before the game should have ended.

It was weird, my div was all confused how we won (I actually thought we must have lost; the game ended immediately after I died and I assumed the only other ship on our team somehow got killed). Someone from the enemy team even messaged me confused about why the game ended, too.

Members
2,257 posts
4,965 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the score at the end of the game?

Did the game go the entire match length? What mode was it? 

Imwill have to check for replay, but it was not a rofl stomp. We had 2 caps and they had 1. It was a random battle. Yes we lost some ships, but we were knowhere near “half the team dead” mark. Right before game ended i saw they had 497 points. We lost a ship and game ended. 

Maybe we got  to 0 afte last ship sunk, i dont recall. I just know we were not getting rolled over. 

Edited by Legio_X_

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

Imwill have to check for replay, but it was not a rofl stomp. We had 2 caps and they had 1. It was a ransom battle. Yes we lost some ships, but we were knowhere near “half the team dead” mark. Right before game ended i saw they had 497 points. We lost a ship and game ended. 

Maybe we got  to 0 afte last ship sunk, i dont recall. I just know we were not getting rolled over. 

Yeah, if you can check the replay and let me know what happened. I am interested to see =).

Members
3,302 posts
6,653 battles
20 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Imwill have to check for replay, but it was not a rofl stomp. We had 2 caps and they had 1. It was a random battle. Yes we lost some ships, but we were knowhere near “half the team dead” mark. Right before game ended i saw they had 497 points. We lost a ship and game ended. 

Just drag the REPLAY file here below on the paper clip and then you will get a accurate answer

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,087 posts
15,092 battles
8 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

If your team score dropped to zero game will end.

[HKA]
Members
88 posts
10,330 battles
7 hours ago, enderland07 said:

We had a game yesterday too where we won around 950 points immediately after I died (?)  before the game should have ended.

It was weird, my div was all confused how we won (I actually thought we must have lost; the game ended immediately after I died and I assumed the only other ship on our team somehow got killed). Someone from the enemy team even messaged me confused about why the game ended, too.

Very likely on the server side, the game reached a 1000 points and triggered the win, even though your ship loss occurred.  

[XXX]
Members
567 posts
1,331 battles

I had this happen earlier. 600 points my team, 4 dead allies. Enemy lost 5, with 400 points on the clock. We got a defeat.

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
51 minutes ago, _Fr0g_ said:

Very likely on the server side, the game reached a 1000 points and triggered the win, even though your ship loss occurred.  

We were like 950 though.

[OBB]
[OBB]
Members
78 posts
5,916 battles

I have say early endings to battles do suck. There have been plenty of battles where I was poised to be able to do a lot of damage and boom, it ends early. Who cares if we would have lost. It's a complete waste if flags, camo and consumables. Not to mention how many times have people seen one good captain change the course if a game.

Sign in to follow this