You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Less CV players.

110 comments in this topic

Members
1,384 posts
7,116 battles

Seems the amount of CV players is thinning out and I am one of them. Had many games over the weekend without any CV and if there was a CV it was not very effective at helping the team on either side. Sure, a few CV players seemed to do ok, but seeing any CV top the charts only happened a few times.  We now feel pretty much useless except for maybe spotting. Attacking a ship maybe you have a chance at one attack or two then all your planes are dead. Send more sure and before you know it you are deplaned angry and just want to say to heck with CV. Rocket planes are pretty much garbage now, they really were never good anyways except for annoying DD players and scouting. AA is way to strong. Ships like the Minotaur just look at your planes laugh and send them as burning fireballs into the ocean before you even see the ship now. I know overlapping AA is getting a slight nerf, but I do not feel that will be enough. 

Now I am not saying AA should be nerfed to the point of ships not being able to defend themselves, but as it stands now CV are more of a hindrance to a team than anything. Teams now blame the CV players for losses and get mad at them for not doing enough damage. Before the nerfs we did do the damage and that made players mad and now we do not do as much damage and that makes them mad...sigh. WG you need to decide if you want a CV population or not. The CV rework was suppose to do that, but all these sledgehammer nerfs are driving that population away. I hope you do find both CV and non CV players a happy middle ground in AA and concealment  ( plane vs ship ) before you end up right back before the CV rework and no CV population. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 18
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
9,670 posts
17,623 battles

As a courtesy, I remind players in every match I partake in. Its not the CV fault they currently suck, blame the architects of patches 0.8.0.1 to current.

Usually with that in game announcement, people are responsive to the current state of the CV class. Its not their fault.

I recommend current CV players to state that in every game (Bless your sanity) you partake.

I can't no matter how much I can hate CVs. Blame them for lack of production on their behave, with the current/past hot-fix patches in place. Cant do it...

• Cool 2

[BUNNY]
Members
534 posts
10,200 battles

Agree, playing CV right now is not really a great experience. Players are starting to blame losses on the CV players now and I really wish some of them would try CV before they blame folks and see for themselves the issues CV players face.  

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
803 posts
4,855 battles

Yeah the AA is still to much and I don't think nerfing overlapping AA is going to help it when one lone BB can shoot down your remaining squad after the first attack wave. 

Also the whole lowering the ceiling attacking wave have to reach before they become invulnerable is still to high.  I can count the amount of times my planes didn't get all shot down after a attack pass last night.  3 time's, all against DDs. If its a BB or CA/CLs they die after a attack. I've not actually noticed a difference since they patched it besides seeing my planes I "F" out of fly higher than the ones I attack with.

I actually got deplaned a couple games because even going after lone BBs I wasn't getting any planes to return to the Carrier after a attack.

• Cool 3

[-N-]
Members
2,156 posts
14,580 battles

It is thinning out the high you go.  Still plenty at T6, but T8 and T10 where AA is over the top, it is a tough go.

• Cool 2

Members
5,127 posts
9,474 battles

They are evening out but most of the games I played yesterday had at least 1 per side and several had 2.  CVs are not OP but they can still do a good bit of damage and help the team.  Eventually I am going to watch a video or 2 on how to play them and give them a try - but in coop to see if I like them better than the previous RTS mode.

• Funny 2

[R-F]
Members
74 posts
16,036 battles

I have not noticed anyone blaming CV's for lack of damage they don't seem to win or lose the match for us.  CV's dont feel important more of annoyance to deal with torps do like 4-5k dmg dont concern me much, rockets feel like getting sprayed with water bottle in your face, etc..But i am playing CA's mostly with decent AA so consider that.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,375 posts

The best matches for me over the weekend involved a good team; like always I suppose. When you had people playing aggressively, making the right moves, carving up the reds with a carrier was easy. If the team causes the reds to splinter, it's a far easier match for the carrier player. 

I'm grinding the Shokaku towards the Hak in random battles. I'm thinking about stripping all flags, camo from the ship then do the grind in coop. Although I'm not sure that would help. The problem is being up-tiered into tier 10 matches. I'm not talking about one or two tier 10 ships, nope. I'm talking everyone but me and one other ship - usually a cruiser - everyone else is in a tier 10. 

Clear indication most of us who are playing carriers jumped out of tier 10 carriers. 

Yet I can see in my mind, someone, somewhere saying "carrier rework is good, just a bit more fine tuning required. How's the submarine implementation going? We on schedule for April Fool's day?"

[B_Y_F]
Members
502 posts
11,933 battles
2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Ships like the Minotaur just look at your planes laugh and send them as burning fireballs into the ocean before you even see the ship now.

Why every CV so affred of Minotaur, is that just a habit CVs carrying from the old time?

Even a T8 CV can take down solo Minotaur in 3pass given you do it right, why not return him the favor?

• Funny 4
  • Meh 7

Members
117 posts
6,918 battles
8 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

Why every CV so affred of Minotaur, is that just a habit CVs carrying from the old time?

Even a T8 CV can take down solo Minotaur in 3pass given you do it right, why not return him the favor?

You're kidding right?  My Midway squadrons are gone before I can launch.  Other ships my squadron is gone just after I launch.  Some ships my squadron is gone while climbing.  That makes up 90% of the ships

[B_Y_F]
Members
502 posts
11,933 battles
4 minutes ago, Caine said:

You're kidding right?  My Midway squadrons are gone before I can launch.  Other ships my squadron is gone just after I launch.  Some ships my squadron is gone while climbing.  That makes up 90% of the ships

No, dive bomber is a little bit hard but if you come from the front and dodge flag by slow down, one perfect drop is very likely due to the fact that Mino usually don't dodge the drop and rely on AA.

For torpedo bomber, 6.5km at the side-->star attack-->speed boost-->drop-->heal, If you're fortune enought you can even turn back and spam clicks to drop a second set before everything gone.

Rocket, same6.5, boost drop and out, you might have 1or2 planes left if you dodge flag when existing.

• Meh 1

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,861 battles
2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Seems the amount of CV players is thinning out and I am one of them. Had many games over the weekend without any CV and if there was a CV it was not very effective at helping the team on either side. Sure, a few CV players seemed to do ok, but seeing any CV top the charts only happened a few times.  We now feel pretty much useless except for maybe spotting. Attacking a ship maybe you have a chance at one attack or two then all your planes are dead. Send more sure and before you know it you are deplaned angry and just want to say to heck with CV. Rocket planes are pretty much garbage now, they really were never good anyways except for annoying DD players and scouting. AA is way to strong. Ships like the Minotaur just look at your planes laugh and send them as burning fireballs into the ocean before you even see the ship now. I know overlapping AA is getting a slight nerf, but I do not feel that will be enough. 

Now I am not saying AA should be nerfed to the point of ships not being able to defend themselves, but as it stands now CV are more of a hindrance to a team than anything. Teams now blame the CV players for losses and get mad at them for not doing enough damage. Before the nerfs we did do the damage and that made players mad and now we do not do as much damage and that makes them mad...sigh. WG you need to decide if you want a CV population or not. The CV rework was suppose to do that, but all these sledgehammer nerfs are driving that population away. I hope you do find both CV and non CV players a happy middle ground in AA and concealment  ( plane vs ship ) before you end up right back before the CV rework and no CV population. 

I think CV players just need to practice more, take the game more seriously, watch videos on YouTube, and "Git Gud" and stop complaining. 

That is what everyone says on this forum if you can't do well.  That was my advice when I had problems staying alive in DD's with Radar.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 7

[SOV]
Members
4,400 posts

Nothing that you said is wrong. CV are gone and its not just because of WG. There gone because of the anger of the play base the so called community not to mention populare CC. That for weeks were fanning the flames and never stoped. To this day now that cv are gone they still put out hate filled anti cv vids.

There are a few smaller channels that are crimminaly under sub to, does great content about cv and he was ranting about cc and this dide never rants.

As to cv being blamed we always have. I have been torped by friendly DD and begging of match because he hates cv, I have had BB not shot at a red DD because the player hates cv and was sort of ok because it was not get often.  there was always the thread of cv op because of this or that but never like this. 

Now, wow what a shock. Cv players called dispicabile names. Basiclay all CC saying horrable things. Threads on forums...well you have read them. I even saw a thread that he wanted his money back for using prem AA consumable when there arnt any cv while complaning about cv.

So everyone got what they wanted

Complain after complane and now you have what you complaned about and "thoughts" or "play the way I demand you play" players are gone or at least dont play much.

So now everyone can go back and start complaning about radar, Russian BB, and stale game play.

The most ironic of all is people complaning anotherut stale game play while complaning about the one thing that made game play different.

Bitter yes, more sad for everyone because this could have been great. Team were playing as teams, island hugging was kind of gone, camping BB did not happen. 

I think WG deserves credit for the rework, they made a gokd product that addressed much of what the pmayers wanted but, I guess we cant have nice things.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,080 posts
5,740 battles
44 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

LOL...   Lexington planes vs Minotaur?...A squadron is 1/2 or more gone before you even spot it?    

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
419 posts
43 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

19 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

No, dive bomber is a little bit hard but if you come from the front and dodge flag by slow down, one perfect drop is very likely due to the fact that Mino usually don't dodge the drop and rely on AA.

For torpedo bomber, 6.5km at the side-->star attack-->speed boost-->drop-->heal, If you're fortune enought you can even turn back and spam clicks to drop a second set before everything gone.

Rocket, same6.5, boost drop and out, you might have 1or2 planes left if you dodge flag when existing.

Even top CV players who are very good now avoid the Mino. When i watch Players like Giashu live stream they all avoid the mino like the plague. So saying things like a tier 8 can take down a mino you just plain wrong. 

• Cool 4

[SOV]
Members
4,400 posts
5 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

I think CV players just need to practice more, take the game more seriously, watch videos on YouTube, and "Git Gud" and stop complaining. 

That is what everyone says on this forum if you can't do well.  That was my advice when I had problems staying alive in DD's with Radar.

take your ideas and do the same In your dd. O thats right you dont have to because your a dd.

[SOV]
Members
4,400 posts
5 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

LOL...   Lexington planes vs Minotaur?...A squadron is 1/2 or more gone before you even spot it?    

Yea mino are so easy to take out! Spoken like a true non cv player lol

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,861 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

take your ideas and do the same In your dd. O thats right you dont have to because your a dd.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean, but is seems you missed my point of solidarity.  If you have a hard time with something the majority of people in the forums say other uni players can make their ships work so you are trying and that you are a bad player who has no interest in improving yourself and if you just watch youtube videos and put in an effort you will be good just like the best players our there.

I disagree myself.  Sometimes things are just stacked against you, like DD's and Radar or CV's and AA. 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,080 posts
5,740 battles
13 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

The most ironic of all is people complaning anotherut stale game play while complaning about the one thing that made game play different.

Bitter yes, more sad for everyone because this could have been great. Team were playing as teams, island hugging was kind of gone, camping BB did not happen. 

I think WG deserves credit for the rework, they made a gokd product that addressed much of what the pmayers wanted but, I guess we cant have nice things.

This is so spot on...  +1 for you.    

[-KIA-]
Members
804 posts
10,545 battles
11 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

It's not that we lack in skill but the hotfix that has been giving to us CV users, the better you play at CVs, the more people complain about them being OP...
We don't actually complain when it comes to that situation, the CVs performing after these hotfixes made their performance very quite absurd and not much of a help in your team...

But I gotta give you a funny reaction because of a reason of "Git Gud"

Spoiler

shot-19_02.23_14.58_02-0506.thumb.jpg.1ece8c9a954899c3ecbfb69536a05139.jpgshot-19_02.23_14_57.11-0886.thumb.jpg.0637be5c76ca4c932c05191c98bb20c1.jpg

Still, am managing myself thru chances (not hard work)

Members
117 posts
6,918 battles
10 minutes ago, Venac said:

Even top CV players who are very good now avoid the Mino. When i watch Players like Giashu live stream they all avoid the mino like the plague. So saying things like a tier 8 can take down a mino you just plain wrong. 

I always worry when someone posts the ability to do something I can't.  I don't immediately want to say "oh that's crap" but I'm glad you agree that taking on a Mino is [edited].

I have been trying to find some tricks or meta since the patch.  Even if they don't work in this patch it might work in subsequent patches.

The only way I can land a DB on a Mino is when they are beside a mountain and I use that to block their sight. I get one shot off about 75% of the time but it's a blind shot and my squadron is gone after the shot.

To all the DD players that say 'git gud', I agree 100%.  Having a squadron erased before you can get close enough to even shoot has no work around (except things like using hills).  There is no way to 'git gud'.  This is the equivalent of knowing all your shells will bounce off the ship no matter what you do.

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,861 battles
4 minutes ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

It's not that we lack in skill but the hotfix that has been giving to us CV users, the better you play at CVs, the more people complain about them being OP...
We don't actually complain when it comes to that situation, the CVs performing after these hotfixes made their performance very quite absurd and not much of a help in your team...

But I gotta give you a funny reaction because of a reason of "Git Gud"

Hide contents

shot-19_02.23_14.58_02-0506.thumb.jpg.1ece8c9a954899c3ecbfb69536a05139.jpgshot-19_02.23_14_57.11-0886.thumb.jpg.0637be5c76ca4c932c05191c98bb20c1.jpg

Still, am managing myself thru chances (not hard work)

That is Freaking Impressive, and I agree with your comments.

• Cool 1

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,861 battles
28 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Maybe I should use "QUOTES" for sarcasm.

[SBS]
Members
5,230 posts

Its probably worth posting this here.

The latest data for the week shows CVs stats are up across the board. 

High tier CVs, average damage.

Last week: 57,745

This week: 62,684

Average XP

Last week: 1,628

This week: 1,679

Survival rate

Last week: 72.82%

This week: 72.93%

Spotting damage

Last week: 53,854

This week: 54,040

Here is some more interesting data, average aircraft shot down for high tier ships.

Last week:

BBs: 4.00

Cruisers: 3.88

DDs: 1.65

This week:

BBs: 3.74

Cruisers: 3.65

DDs: 1.58

As you can see fewer planes are being shot down across the board, on top of higher average damage, XP, spotting and survival rates.  That's pretty good.  Now keep in mind part of the week was 8.0.2.  We'll have to see the numbers for next week to have a better idea of how things are going after the latest hotfix.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190216/na_week/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190223/na_week/average_class.html

• Meh 3

[TARK]
Members
5,223 posts
2,146 battles
9 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Its probably worth posting this here.

The latest data for the week shows CVs stats are up across the board. 

High tier CVs, average damage.

Last week: 57,745

This week: 62,684

Average XP

Last week: 1,628

This week: 1,679

Survival rate

Last week: 72.82%

This week: 72.93%

Spotting damage

Last week: 53,854

This week: 54,040

Here is some more interesting data, average aircraft shot down for high tier ships.

Last week:

BBs: 4.00

Cruisers: 3.88

DDs: 1.65

This week:

BBs: 3.74

Cruisers: 3.65

DDs: 1.58

As you can see fewer planes are being shot down across the board, on top of higher average damage, XP, spotting and survival rates.  That's pretty good.  Now keep in mind part of the week was 8.0.2.  We'll have to see the numbers for next week to have a better idea of how things are going after the latest hotfix.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190216/na_week/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190223/na_week/average_class.html

Low tiers?

What is average BB damage and base sp? (Since the economy of CV is supposed to be the same as BB...)

They look comparable...there are FAR more low tier CV players than high tier. Dont ignore their needs.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark