Sign in to follow this  
ClockworkSpectre

Eternal Loading screens.

5 comments in this topic

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

So this has been happening for a week or two, first time it happened was after the first hotfix for 0.8.0, and has got worse after the second hotfix.   It happens when in the queue, right as the loading icon comes up when you have been placed in a battle.  This becomes an eternal loading screen with the only way to fix it being to kill the client from the task manager.  After restarting the client it will place you in the battle that has already started.  I has been happening with a fair amount of frequency, maybe 15-20% of battles. 

[HMFIC]
Members
25 posts
8,468 battles

This used to happen to me with my old laptops hard drive. Ever since I bought a new laptop and built a desktop i have had no loading screen issues. Should be noted both new computers use an ssd.

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles
On 2/25/2019 at 7:18 AM, ClockworkSpectre said:

So this has been happening for a week or two, first time it happened was after the first hotfix for 0.8.0, and has got worse after the second hotfix.   It happens when in the queue, right as the loading icon comes up when you have been placed in a battle.  This becomes an eternal loading screen with the only way to fix it being to kill the client from the task manager.  After restarting the client it will place you in the battle that has already started.  I has been happening with a fair amount of frequency, maybe 15-20% of battles. 

Is it still actual? The first thing I would recommend is to delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder. It helps sometimes to fix such issues.
Then you'll need to set your settings back manually. The file will be automatically recreated with the next game launch.
Also you may try to fix the issue with "check and repair" in WGC or Launcher (settings>>support). 
And if nothing helps you should make a WGCheck report and attach it to your ticket to Support with some notes. 

• Cool 1

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles
On 2/26/2019 at 10:37 AM, turbo07 said:

Is it still actual? The first thing I would recommend is to delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder. It helps sometimes to fix such issues.
Then you'll need to set your settings back manually. The file will be automatically recreated with the next game launch.
Also you may try to fix the issue with "check and repair" in WGC or Launcher (settings>>support). 
And if nothing helps you should make a WGCheck report and attach it to your ticket to Support with some notes. 

So I tried what you suggested and so far (crossing fingers), it has been working well.  Thank you have the tip. 

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles
21 minutes ago, ClockworkSpectre said:

So I tried what you suggested and so far (crossing fingers), it has been working well.  Thank you have the tip. 

Glad to hear this. Thanks for the reply!
I'll lock the topic. If you get an issue please start another topic.