You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Sure losses that weren't

3 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
4,994 posts
14,915 battles

Been having a bad day in Ranked. Mostly playing my Kitakaze but 5 losses in a row had me ready to quit for the day. Tried one more time. As I headed toward the first capture point I notice our Iowa wasn't moving.   AFK (and remained that way for the rest of the game). Damn, another loss. Thought about calling it quits but figured maybe I could be top of the team anyway and save a star (saved me in an earlier loss where I only did 30K damage, lots of bad teams today). At some point I noticed we were tied in ships 4 to 4 but realized one of ours was that Iowa. By the end of the game it was me and a fellow Kita vs a CA and a Fletcher. Fortunately they were some distance apart. We took out the cruiser, and headed north toward the area where a spot was just claimed. Got detected and took fire before I saw him. I was low on HP so died after a few exchanges  but my compatriot was right behind me (Fletcher probably didn't see him when he opened on me) and won the game. My fellow Kita ended up being top dog by a little. 

Sometimes when the deck is stacked against you, you can still pull off the win. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,836 posts
7,610 battles

As a rule of thumb, the moment someone starts shrieking about the game being lost before anything much even happens.

Clearly I should start matches that way, as it's like the team all want to defy that one jerk. /s

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
15 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

As a rule of thumb, the moment someone starts shrieking about the game being lost before anything much even happens.

I find when you do that it lights a fire under everyones azz to prove you wrong, as far as I am concerned prove me wrong all you want.