You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JoeSlackman

One Way to Describe Carrier Play Now - Awful

37 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
3,081 battles

d

On 2/28/2019 at 7:43 PM, Landing_Skipper said:

P.S. I am trying hard to succeed with the new CVs

I dumped 5 torpedoes out of a single run into a Musashi for 11k damage. Whoop dee f-ing doo!  Lost the rest of my squad . 

Me too.  

Please one question not related to the hatred of the changes.  (personally I think the continued and many changes are a good sign even it they aren't panning out right now)…  As the saying goes, theirs the engineer who designs things (mostly a less kind word is used) mostly not to function properly in the real world.  And the machinist who gets paid mostly for figuring out how to make dreams real world.  As long as they are changing things they are spending lots of money trying to get it right.  So, in my little way (buying the Alaska and other offering etc)  Trying to help where I can.

I digress to the question.  After this thing is done will it stay a missing teir thing in the carriers or will they come back?  Kinda like the idea of being able to skip from an 8 to 10?

P.S. 5 torpes for 11k....

That is hot as hell :cap_like:

[POP]
Members
552 posts
6,402 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 8:43 PM, Landing_Skipper said:

Look up Farazelleth on YouTube. He was an ace CV player in the old RTS mode and did a great series of tutorial videos. He has tried very hard to be positive about the CV rework... with limited success. But you can track the development as he ran through various test server variations. 

P.S. I am trying hard to succeed with the new CVs but the mechanics keep changing. Rocket planes can’t aim any more.  You have to over-fly a DD, turn when it’s no l8nger detected, and start your attack run before spotting him again hoping the DD hasn’t turned unpredictably.  I dumped 5 torpedoes out of a single run into a Musashi for 11k damage. Whoop dee f-ing doo!  Lost the rest of my squad because the Mino behind it. 

The musashi is a poor example as it has 50% torpedo damage reduction.   Your main source of damage on that ship is fire and flooding.

[MHG]
Members
292 posts
6,257 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

The musashi is a poor example as it has 50% torpedo damage reduction.   Your main source of damage on that ship is fire and flooding.

Your torps have an absolutely abysmal chance to cause a flood. Also with the new flood mechanics that flood will net you maybe 10k damage if its permanent. That is part of the problem of CVs right now- what are you supposed to do? Alpha strikes are a joke and should be for balance sake but if we are supposed to get our damage from DoTs you have to actually give us the chance to get DoTs. Rocket planes get murdered by stealth AA. Torps rarely cause a flood and gets repair partied immediately anyways. Dive bombers spend so much time in AA bubbles 2 strikes at most is expected. If you get a third you usually end up losing the rest of the squad to do it. 

[POP]
Members
552 posts
6,402 battles
7 hours ago, Cakeman826 said:

Your torps have an absolutely abysmal chance to cause a flood. Also with the new flood mechanics that flood will net you maybe 10k damage if its permanent. That is part of the problem of CVs right now- what are you supposed to do? Alpha strikes are a joke and should be for balance sake but if we are supposed to get our damage from DoTs you have to actually give us the chance to get DoTs. Rocket planes get murdered by stealth AA. Torps rarely cause a flood and gets repair partied immediately anyways. Dive bombers spend so much time in AA bubbles 2 strikes at most is expected. If you get a third you usually end up losing the rest of the squad to do it. 

Hey, I play cv's too and agree they were unnecessarily over nerf'd across the board.  I was simply pointing out why your torpedo strike on the musashi netted such low numbers.  

Musashi seems like a great CV target with low aa and they are quite often sitting still however you can beat on them all day and still not do much damage. 

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,413 posts
2,784 battles
10 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Hey, I play cv's too and agree they were unnecessarily over nerf'd across the board.  I was simply pointing out why your torpedo strike on the musashi netted such low numbers.  

Musashi seems like a great CV target with low aa and they are quite often sitting still however you can beat on them all day and still not do much damage. 

i think we are better off with the rts version since dot numbers are very weaksauce.

[CHNDR]
Members
13 posts
3,832 battles

Im happy with the DoT shift, but a DoT build requires that you're actually able to make more than a single attack run, hitting multiple times per squadron. Which you cant do. AA is so massively overpowered that its impossible for anything short of a t10 carrier to actually make more than a single attack run before the entire squadron is outright deleted, even against lone ships. Hell ive had matches in a t8 destroyer where im out on my own, and i still wipe out entire squadrons of planes with just my AA alone.

this latest patch is a step in the right direction in the way that being allowed to put a splint on 1 of 10 broken fingers is a step in the right direction. It does nothing to address the massively excessive damage of lone ship AA, and it completely ignores how planes are subject to 5 full seconds of free flak damage after making their attack before reaching the safety ceiling. NOTHING survives. The adjustment of AA to spotting range is also a joke, as you can still get shot at the INSTANT that planes spot the cruiser, with no chance to try evading, and its an obscene insult that tiny planes with a 5 meter or so wingspan and be seen from 10km away, while massive 100+ meter long ships cant be seen till 3-5km away. Ask destroyer players how they'd like to have a detection range of 10km while their own guns and torpedoes only have a 4-6km reach.

WG is outright shitting on the entire carrier ship line, making anything under t10 outright unplayable, and expect players to just 'suck it up'. This NEEDS to stop.

[KREW]
Members
479 posts
10,771 battles
On 2/26/2019 at 10:00 PM, Miracles_Miracle said:

double or triple the EXP for the carriers until the rework is complete --- you will be able to work in peace and just about any change will be endured for a time.  You could even make the 'super exp' from carriers only useable to buy other carriers.  Certainly would get more boats in the water. 

This!!!

I wouldn't mind all the other things so much, if they would just boost the XP for Cvs. Right now it is pitiful.

Members
32 posts
3,081 battles

IDK but just going on feeling they have made some adjustments.

Far as I noticed, you still get ok exp even when you have a 15K damage game with a teir X cv. hahahha

Its like buying a new car with old tires, and they say when/if they blow... a tow truck will be sent.

[CHNDR]
Members
13 posts
3,832 battles

And yet there are still people in game and on the dev team claiming its 'too easy' to hit DDs. what they dont seem to realize is that with all the massive nerfing, DDs are the only thing that planes CAN attack without losing the entire squadron. DD players whining and moaning have dug their own grave, and CV players are the ones paying the price.

The immediate post-rework CV was easily abused and needed adjustments, but they wen't way too damn far to the point their "DoT design" cannot work due to the entire squad being shredded before the 2nd attack run, 3rd if you're lucky.

Not to mention the skill gap. A CV player has to jump through flaming hoops, while blinded, and getting shot at by every angle. Surface ships? Maybe turn a bit and dont sail alone. Thats it.

[POP]
Members
552 posts
6,402 battles

Hitting a DD with Dive bombers is not hard, actually doing damage rather than just knocking out modules is a different story entirely. 

[WOLF4]
Members
143 posts
On 2/24/2019 at 12:18 PM, JoeSlackman said:

The fact that I can only fly one squadron at a time sucks..

The fact that AA is so powerful for level 8-10 vessels sucks.

The last match I played I literally lost my whole squadron every time I tried to make a run between AA and the new "drop fighters where ever you want" feature.

I have to say that carriers are just not any fun.  It is awful to play.  I can't make a difference for my team because all my planes are flying balls of flames.

I don't know why WoW went to the one squadron at a time controls.   I have to say that it is awful.  I used to be able to swarm and catch ships without any support or air cover.  Those days are gone forever I guess.  Now, I have to do one squadron at a time.  Is that supposed to be fun?

I liked Carriers the way they were when I first started playing years ago.  Why all the damn changes??

Joe

They have like 4 hours explaining the rework.