Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Next tier 10 cruiser to get?

7 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
444 posts
10,149 battles

Having lots of fun in my moskva and even though I'm still learning the DM it's a blast to play. My question is between the Hindy, HIV and Zao which CA should I get next? Moskva plays as a more stationary ship the can tank out in the open while the DM is more squishy and needs to have cover to be most effective. I've heard the hindy has been power creeped a lot recently does this really hurt it's viability as a top tier CA? Henri seems to have become a very powerful CA with it;s reload booster and of course the zao is the ultimate fire starter with insane torps. Any suggestions on any of these ships would be very helpful. I should mention that I'm not really a big fan of light cruisers like the Worcester as it seems to have a very boring he play style. TIA

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,302 posts
6,266 battles

Well your loss on the Worcester, but to each their own.

Henri IV would probably be the most Moskva-like of the three CAs that are options. She's got the biggest guns of the tech tree cruisers, lots of speed, and excels at open-water kiting. She's squishy, but what cruiser isn't when at range? She's got good shell performance and excellent burst damage, you'll want to leverage that and her speed as much as possible.

Hindenburg is still a really good ship, but she plays rather differently from the others. Hindy's a brawler. Don't get me wrong, her guns are great at range too and boy can they have some range, but her protection scheme comes into its own when you're up close and personal. Add that to the best hydro in the game and those lovely surprise torps, and she's deadly up close. Not to mention her AA suite is surprisingly potent. As for power creep? Not really. They added a whopping 1 second to her reload and that's the only nerf she's gotten.

And of course we all know Zao, the DD in CA's clothing. Powerful long range torps, good speed, excellent HE, and rather stealthy too. AP's not too shabby either, though speaking of AP this is a ship where you REALLY need to guard your citadel. Heck, that's good advice for the whole line honestly. Even Atlantas feast on IJN cruiser citadels, it's kind of crazy.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,525 battles

My vote is still for Hindy. The above comment about her coming into her own in the brawl is certainly true, but don't count her out at any range.

[ADAPT]
Members
938 posts
16,048 battles

Minotour. Eat plane. Have radar or smoke. High rate of fire. Great concealment. Torpedo reload faster.

But barely no armor. Other than that fun to play and different the of game play  from any other ships like moskva or does.

[SIC]
Beta Testers
38 posts
6,646 battles

Henry is a long range harasser, Hindy is a versatile tank of sorts, Zao is a sneaky opportunist. Worchester is a fragile Gatling gun, Minotaur is the gimmick Gatling gun.

Sign in to follow this