Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HLS30

Given the constant patches, why not free captain resets?

9 comments in this topic

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
116 posts
9,589 battles

Seems like it's a no-brainer to give us these given the constant patches, and how drastically the meta has shifted. Yeah, we got it initially....and then we've had three patches with heavy changes since then...

• Funny 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles

WG already announced that another period of free resets will be available, I think it was around 0.8.2.

• Cool 1

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
116 posts
9,589 battles
7 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

WG already announced that another period of free resets will be available, I think it was around 0.8.2.

So I get to keep running my favorite ships in configurations that were rapidly patched to irrelevance, and don't get to experiment with what works post shakeup....gotta love it (and god knows if CV vs. AA stuff will even be final by 8.2)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,134 posts
9,462 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

soon_meme_collection_640_552.jpg

• Funny 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles
2 hours ago, HLS30 said:

Seems like it's a no-brainer to give us these given the constant patches, and how drastically the meta has shifted. Yeah, we got it initially....and then we've had three patches with heavy changes since then...

I was thinking this too, but then I realized that I was changing my captains daily, on every ship. Now I do like free, but I have to think that if a lot of players were doing this it would mess up any data that WG was collecting on the rework. I think it should be free for CV's till that stick with something,but I can survive on my ships for now

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,635 battles
4 hours ago, HLS30 said:

That kind of conditioning would lead to problems for WG and lower sales of doubloons … 

Any offer or free period is limited and can end at any time - FETCH!

Edited by Commander_367

[RKLES]
Members
12,232 posts
13,870 battles
7 hours ago, HLS30 said:

We had 2 weeks when CV rework was added of free captain resets , free Captain retraining, and free demounting of ship modules.

After Royal Navy CVs arrive there will be more free rests available. Just keep an eye out for them and you will see them. ( they happen when doubloon cost for resets turns to 0 instead of the usual numbers.)

The Free resets allowed those innfear of the rework to get fully AA equipped and enough time to decide that is what they wanted after playing some. Also allowed those of us that did not like using the new CVs to sell off our CVs and send all our Captains and some of the equipment upgrades ( The non cv specific ones) to other ships freely. Which was good since some of us had good amount of time and resources invested into the old CVs and we were allowed to transfer those investments else where within game.

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

There is no good reason why the free captain resets and module dismounts shouldn't be free until the game reaches something resembling the final carrier rework.  The giant AA pendulum swings alone argue for this.  Further, doing so would be a gesture of goodwill and might dampen some of the player discontent.  The only reason against would be that WG wants to squeeze a few dollars out of the chaos it created.  I would hope this isn't the case. 

Sign in to follow this