Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wash0ut

Broken camo patterns on US cruisers

6 comments in this topic

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
107 posts
15,717 battles

shot-19.02.21_19.29.28-0833.jpg

Example 1: Pensacola permanent camo. Starboard side: a minor break in the pattern on the citadel armor belt, nothing major.

shot-19.02.21_19.29.40-0550.jpg

Port side: OMG, the citadel armor belt here is a mirror swap from the other side while the rest of the pattern is completely different. How did this pass quality check?

shot-19.02.21_19.31.27-0521.jpg

Example 2: Baltimore permanent camo. There is just a thin strip of citadel belt armor above the anti-fouling paint which doesn't continue the pattern.

shot-19.02.21_19.31.52-0585.jpg

It's not very noticeable until you change to say the stripped Type 2 camo and now the stripes are all mismatched. Admittedly a much less egregious case than Pensacola.

shot-19.02.21_19.32.13-0664.jpg

Example 3: Buffalo with New Year Streamer as an example (go ahead and try anything that's not a solid color on the hull). Again the pattern is all mismatched at the citadel armor belt. For comparison I added Charles Martel with the same scheme showing that the pattern can flow without a break across the citadel armor belt when the job is done properly.

shot-19.02.21_19.32.57-0813.jpg

Edited by Wash0ut

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
107 posts
15,717 battles
1 minute ago, TexJapan said:

Holy 1st world problem.   

They've got the time for the new space skins. So why not bring it up.

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
107 posts
15,717 battles

"Worth mentioning by the way... Hopefully that will be fixed sometime soon..." - Flamu, back in June.

Edited by Wash0ut

Members
556 posts
5,380 battles

I've noticed this as well with the USN cruisers.  Seems to happen with all camos.  I wouldn't really care much except that it basically highlights the citadel, assuming anyone shooting at you is paying attention.  Really its just sloppy QC.  I've thought about submitting a bug report for it, but figure it will take them about 2 years to fix it so I just ignore it and move on.

[S0L0]
Members
304 posts
7,533 battles

That's just due to how the ships are "flattened out" on the texture files.
BSB002_Warspite_1941_Hull_a.jpg?width=55
(HMS Warspite altered texture file, will credit below)

They look kinda like this, and the camo file is just a black-red-green-blue file and is just placed on top of this. The game just changes the color of the pattern. That's why it looks broken on none-prem camo. They'll have to redo the texture mapping of all ships for them to be streamless

They can and should improve the current prem textures however.

Texture source:

Edited by JB_24

Sign in to follow this