You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bloodyneck92

Yeah I'm done with this....

105 comments in this topic

[SF-13]
Beta Testers
67 posts
1,828 battles

As a T8 CV constantly getting matched up against higher tiers my planes are already paper thin and get ripped out of the sky already, now I have to get into AA range of a Worcester or Minotaur before I can see them but they can spot my planes a mile, excuse me about 6 and a half miles, out!? Worse even if they're halfway intelligent they'll turn their AA off until they've been spotted and my planes are too far into the kill zone to do anything but die, can't even recall them.

So to all you captains out there hoping your CV will scout, nope i'm going to find that solo BB and bomb him all game long, because my damage potential is crap anyways and it will literally take a whole game to sink one T10 battleship even with wave after wave (turning around, for a 2nd and 3rd pass, not recalling)of good strikes of 3 torps and dive bombers landing at least half of their bombs to sink him. I'd throw the rocket planes into the mix as well but hell, 9/10 rockets are deflected so I get a pitiful 660 damage with a full attack pass.

Complain all you want that I don't provide AA support or scout for you, this is the game you all asked for.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[PEEDZ]
Members
975 posts
7,744 battles
9 minutes ago, Bloodyneck92 said:

As a T8 CV constantly getting matched up against higher tiers my planes are already paper thin and get ripped out of the sky already, now I have to get into AA range of a Worcester or Minotaur before I can see them but they can spot my planes a mile, excuse me about 6 and a half miles, out!? Worse even if they're halfway intelligent they'll turn their AA off until they've been spotted and my planes are too far into the kill zone to do anything but die, can't even recall them.

So to all you captains out there hoping your CV will scout, nope i'm going to find that solo BB and bomb him all game long, because my damage potential is crap anyways and it will literally take a whole game to sink one T10 battleship even with wave after wave (turning around, for a 2nd and 3rd pass, not recalling)of good strikes of 3 torps and dive bombers landing at least half of their bombs to sink him. I'd throw the rocket planes into the mix as well but hell, 9/10 rockets are deflected so I get a pitiful 660 damage with a full attack pass.

Complain all you want that I don't provide AA support or scout for you, this is the game you all asked for.

so you wanted to play CVs till they were OP and broken but now want to quit as soon as the balancing gets started. yeah seems legit

• Cool 15
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 16

[-TOG-]
Members
172 posts
2,005 battles

The pendulum has swung so far to the nerf side that it's utterly unfair. The rockets were supposed to be low skill/low damage but now they are useless, which is a nerf across the CV lines. It would be one thing if it were BALANCING, but it's been poorly-thought-out nerfing, not balancing. 

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,430 posts
14 minutes ago, Bloodyneck92 said:

Right there with you, brother.

4 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

so you wanted to play CVs till they were OP and broken but now want to quit as soon as the balancing gets started. yeah seems legit

He's not saying that at all. CV's should be doing the same damage per game as a cruiser - not huge (like they were before) but not absolute crap (like they are now).

• Cool 6

[PEEDZ]
Members
975 posts
7,744 battles
1 minute ago, Toxie2725 said:

The pendulum has swung so far to the nerf side that it's utterly unfair. The rockets were supposed to be low skill/low damage but now they are useless, which is a nerf across the CV lines. It would be one thing if it were BALANCING, but it's been poorly-thought-out nerfing, not balancing. 

unfortunately they were only low skill high damage at tier 10. the nerf is justified

• Cool 2
  • Meh 8

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,208 posts
19,205 battles

Its such a fine line where you need to balance them there's no way that they can be decent at their own level yet be productive two tier higher and not incredibly OP two tiers lower

Until they get somewhere close to balance or what they really want in the game they need to give them a +1-1 MMat this point

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,147 posts
13,985 battles

Don't give hope yet. The pendulum will probably swing back the other way. Just be sure to offer suggestions here in the forums, that's what is being monitored for additional input for the final tweaks. I'm pretty much Co-op'ing my CV's until the tweaks are finished. With the exception of a occasional T4 random routing.

[SOV]
Members
4,381 posts
22 hours ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

Its not balanced. Balanced is not losing every plane on Every pass. Balanced is not being able to damage some ships and not all. Balanced is not having stealth AA

Balance to you is sitting in smoke and destroying everything.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[-TOG-]
Members
172 posts
2,005 battles
10 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

unfortunately they were only low skill high damage at tier 10. the nerf is justified

NO it wasn't. Re-read what I posted - theyre LOW SKILL AND LOW DAMAGE. Not high damage. ONE of the nerfs was possibly justified. They hit rocket planes so hard that they're essentially useless now. Just because you hate CV's doesn't mean that an entire class of plane sould be useless, or that I should ONLY be using DB's for everything. 

Edited by Toxie2725
  • Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,559 posts
4,886 battles
13 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

There was only ever 1 specific thing that was truly Overpowered about 0.8.0 and that was the Flying Shima IJN T10 CV.    They just had to fix those torps and let play settle for awhile, instead they did a huge CV nerf and made it not fun.

Not even "F-spam" was actually overpowered or broken, it worked as it was designed to work, it just felt bad to the surface ships so they cried.   It had questionable interactions with DAFF and Fighter, but the point of those abilities was at the time a DETERRENT not a "kill all planes" button.    Regardless, removing "F-spam" just caused all smart CV players to just reverse the strategy and take less planes on their attack.   The whole point of pressing F was to not lose planes when the situation is very unfavorable, dropping half my payload into the water accomplishes the same thing...its just that EVERY situation is highly unfavorable now.

• Cool 7

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,535 posts
10,372 battles

There is such a big skill disparity between average CV players and unicum CV players.  This has caused WG to implement big nerfs to keep the unicum players at bay.  The side effect is that average players cannot make their CVs work at all.  Unfortunately, there is no fix for this other than dumbing down the CV play so that a good player can't do much more than an average player no matter what the situation is.  As it is now, they keep swinging the nerf/buff hammer in one direction or the other, and all it is doing is upsetting everyone.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,606 battles
12 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Were you dropped on your head as a child? The guy is literally pointing out the fact that … 

I'm sorry that you were deprived of oxygen for so long at some point in your life.

What is it you're really trying to say here … 

I feel like you're holding back :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
43 minutes ago, Bloodyneck92 said:

I just don't understand why they decided to remove the intermediate CVs from the tech trees. It seems like such a stupid, needless move, and seems to cause tier 8 CVs, in particular, to get bumped up more.

[PEEDZ]
Members
975 posts
7,744 battles
13 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Were you dropped on your head as a child? The guy is literally pointing out the fact that CVs don't work in +2/-2 MM, that tier X AA is (still) broken, and that he can't support his team when they ask him to. And you think that equals him wanting CVs to be OP? I'm sorry that you were deprived of oxygen for so long at some point in your life.

and???

tier 7 and and tier 8 cruisers get uptiered all the time. so should they go and cry too?

• Meh 3

[ENDO]
Members
280 posts
17 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Not even "F-spam" was actually overpowered or broken, it worked as it was designed to work, it just felt bad to the surface ships so they cried.   

The cv could launch endless attack waves on a ship 10km away faster than a ca can reload. No that is not over powered at all.

CVs have unlimited repair party that automatically kicks in every 10 seconds. immune to fire and flood damage.

In the first version, AA was useless, unless you were a Cv.

[SF-13]
Beta Testers
67 posts
1,828 battles
31 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

I actually left the game years(?) ago and just recently came back hence the ~530 battles and the CBT tag of which 70ish games have been in the past 3-4 days since i returned. 

23 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Don't give hope yet. The pendulum will probably swing back the other way. Just be sure to offer suggestions here in the forums, that's what is being monitored for additional input for the final tweaks. I'm pretty much Co-op'ing my CV's until the tweaks are finished. With the exception of a occasional T4 random routing.

I made a good number of suggestions, got no feed back found in the following post, give it a read and let me know what you think, hopefully WG at least read it and THOUGHT about anything I put in there

6 minutes ago, Murcc said:

There is such a big skill disparity between average CV players and unicum CV players.  This has caused WG to implement big nerfs to keep the unicum players at bay.  The side effect is that average players cannot make their CVs work at all.  Unfortunately, there is no fix for this other than dumbing down the CV play so that a good player can't do much more than an average player no matter what the situation is.  As it is now, they keep swinging the nerf/buff hammer in one direction or the other, and all it is doing is upsetting everyone.

I'll agree with you here, unfortunately I consider myself above average (100k-125k damage in even tiered games which appears to be well above the average damage) and might be why I'm finding the nerf bat is hitting so hard but damn, at tier 10 thats not even a Montana's HP pool after repairs in my better games, and my damage is spread out across multiple ships not to mention the fact that I can't cross AA fields in a T10 game nearly as well as a T8 game.

5 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

and???

tier 7 and and tier 8 cruisers get uptiered all the time. so should they go and cry too?

in a T8 CV you play 4/5 of your games against T10 since thats where more people are playing and how the loss of odd tiers ends up disfavoring them so heavily. I don't play CLs often so I can't comment how often they get tiered up but thats my experience. A T8 CL/DD also doesn't lose 90% of its capabilities getting matched up unfavorably like a CV does in the new build, I literally can't get anywhere near ships to spot them or damage them, can't cover my squads from AA fire with a throw away squad, can't hide behind other T10 ships in the game and sneak in shots on rushing ships because I'm the only thing in the air and their AA is passive so no matter what they're doing its gonna hit me. Matching up in a surface ship doesn't neuter you nearly as much as a CV which is another reason its such a problem.

43 minutes ago, Toxie2725 said:

I'll agree with you here, I didn't really play much in the old RTS style and never perfected it back then. I'll keep playing them now but I'm not able to be effective in my role and will just ignore the objective entirely to have some fun because the class is so screwed up at the moment. Which ultimately will probably lead to those lone BBs crying more and further nerfs but what ever, if they get hit much harder with the nerf bat I'll just leave again anyways. WG can lose more of its customers and income, plenty of other games to play out there.

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

I don't think CVs can be balanced.  The other classes are balanced against armor schemes and shell size and torpedo ranges and etc. It's such a different game.  How do you balance a basketball team vs one guy playing quarterback? 

Either the AA situation will be in surface ships' favor, by grouping together or sticking close to high AA ships... .or enough planes get through so often that carriers can get OP again in above-average player's hands. I don't see a whole lot of middle ground.

• Cool 3

[PEEDZ]
Members
975 posts
7,744 battles
4 minutes ago, Bloodyneck92 said:

I actually left the game years(?) ago and just recently came back hence the ~530 battles and the CBT tag of which 70ish games have been in the past 3-4 days since i returned. 

I made a good number of suggestions, got no feed back found in the following post, give it a read and let me know what you think, hopefully WG at least read it and THOUGHT about anything I put in there

I'll agree with you here, unfortunately I consider myself above average (100k-125k damage in even tiered games which appears to be well above the average damage) and might be why I'm finding the nerf bat is hitting so hard but damn, at tier 10 thats not even a Montana's HP pool after repairs in my better games, and my damage is spread out across multiple ships not to mention the fact that I can't cross AA fields in a T10 game nearly as well as a T8 game.

in a T8 CV you play 4/5 of your games against T10 since thats where more people are playing and how the loss of odd tiers ends up disfavoring them so heavily. I don't play CLs often so I can't comment how often they get tiered up but thats my experience. A T8 CL/DD also doesn't lose 90% of its capabilities getting matched up unfavorably like a CV does in the new build, I literally can't get anywhere near ships to spot them or damage them, can't cover my squads from AA fire with a throw away squad, can't hide behind other T10 ships in the game and sneak in shots on rushing ships because I'm the only thing in the air and their AA is passive so no matter what they're doing its gonna hit me. Matching up in a surface ship doesn't neuter you nearly as much as a CV which is another reason its such a problem.

I'll agree with you here, I didn't really play much in the old RTS style and never perfected it back then. I'll keep playing them now but I'm not able to be effective in my role and will just ignore the objective entirely to have some fun because the class is so screwed up at the moment. Which ultimately will probably lead to those lone BBs crying more and further nerfs but what ever, if they get hit much harder with the nerf bat I'll just leave again anyways. WG can lose more of its customers and income, plenty of other games to play out there.

since when does a tier 8 CL have a good enough time that it can handle itself in tier 10 matches? as soon as it gets detected it is the first ship to be shot at

[SF-13]
Beta Testers
67 posts
1,828 battles
1 minute ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

since when does a tier 8 CL have a good enough time that it can handle itself in tier 10 matches? as soon as it gets detected it is the first ship to be shot at

A T8 CL can use islands as cover, they can wait until their enemy is distracted and attack, they can still punish T10 DDs that stray too close to their BBs that the CLs should be protecting anyways and they can just hide further behind the lines, out of range of the T10 BBs. It may not be your PREFERRED play style but there still exists a role for T8 CLs in a T10 match if they so choose to fill it. Meanwhile a T8 CV is nothing but a floating target that provides extra score to the enemy by feeding them planes and occasionally tickling a T10 BB with the 1 plane that managed to survive the approach.

We as CVs used to have 2 jobs when out matched. We'd scout and we'd protect from flanking DDs, we weren't happy that we were reduced to this but we accepted our roles and played them. Now however attack runs are atrociously long to spool up, making it impossible to hit a DD if it wasn't previously spotted and over powered AA combined with nerfed detection ranges and reduced agility of our only agile planes making it impossible to scout anything.

[RLGN]
Members
13,444 posts
23,450 battles
51 minutes ago, Murcc said:

THIS. A thousand times this.

Recognized early I didn’t belong in carriers in Randoms, but at least could use and enjoy them in Co-op and Ops.

Used to be able to carry all but the most soggy of mashed potatoes Co-op teams if I needed to, now with the crazy controls and AA, I’m doing good to get 10-20k damage in a Ranger.

15 minutes ago, Bloodyneck92 said:

A T8 CL can use islands as cover, they can wait until their enemy is distracted and attack, they can still punish T10 DDs that stray too close to their BBs that the CLs should be protecting anyways and they can just hide further behind the lines, out of range of the T10 BBs. It may not be your PREFERRED play style but there still exists a role for T8 CLs in a T10 match if they so choose to fill it. Meanwhile a T8 CV is nothing but a floating target that provides extra score to the enemy by feeding them planes and occasionally tickling a T10 BB with the 1 plane that managed to survive the approach.

We as CVs used to have 2 jobs when out matched. We'd scout and we'd protect from flanking DDs, we weren't happy that we were reduced to this but we accepted our roles and played them. Now however attack runs are atrociously long to spool up, making it impossible to hit a DD if it wasn't previously spotted and over powered AA combined with nerfed detection ranges and reduced agility of our only agile planes making it impossible to scout anything.

This as well.

4/5 of my recent Ranger games I’ve been bottom tiered; basically ‘Ranger Scout Services Inc.’ and now pretty much not even that.

As I said in another post; it’s pretty pathetic when the pewpews have to scout for the carrier, so its planes won’t get wiped out without accomplishing anything.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,543 posts
20,217 battles
34 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

And yet some people do very well in T8 ships in T10 matches. How could that be?

[HIT]
Members
172 posts
9,431 battles
20 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

And yet some people do very well in T8 ships in T10 matches. How could that be?

I just got first place on a losing team with Lexington in a T10 battle. I did well under 50k damage. DDs and IJN CAs were the only things I could attack without having my planes blown to pieces within seconds. Maybe that's "doing well", but it sure ain't fun.

Balancing CVs against other ships, whether under the old system or new, was always going to be difficult. With +2/-2 MM it's downright impossible.

WG has a knack for sabotaging their own ideas.

[HIT]
Members
172 posts
9,431 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I just don't understand why they decided to remove the intermediate CVs from the tech trees. It seems like such a stupid, needless move, and seems to cause tier 8 CVs, in particular, to get bumped up more.

Because this whole thing was inexcusably rushed.

• Cool 1