You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Another "patch" in one month. WG can you just slow down!!??

18 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,402 posts

CV rework everyone was trying them, players played against them for maybe the first time. CV was never OP it was new.  Hit fix 1 week in was an AA disaster or planes. No plane could make one run.

Hit fix 2 one week later and it seemed pretty good. AA was good but not great save a few stupid high over the top ships, no ship should be invulnerable to another ship. Looking at you Mino and Worchester!

Another "fix" 2 weeks later? This one takes spoting and dot damage from the cv! 

WG you told us the CV was to do low alfph and have dot damage. So you have very low torp damage that you just made worse and made the flood damage very low. Take spotting away and  now crusier shoot before we see them. And you cant even see DD now. So the CV cant stealth Toro becaise of "fairness" cant spot because of "fairness" what are we suppose too do?

3 "fix" in one month??????? How are we suppose to know what the CV does when what you told us it did your nerfing in the ground? 

I would like to buy the Enterprise when it comes back out, but why at this point when you keep nerfing everything.

Eather bring alpha very high, because you cant get more than 1 strike at a time. Or bring up the flood chance.

Revert back to the last "fix" because it seemed fair.

And above all dont do anything else!!! Let it sit for a bit and get real numbers and stop listing to one section of the player base!!!!

And before someone starts talking about "unlimited" planes go what LWM post about it.

Edit: I have played nothjng but cv sents it came out. It was very frustrating in the beginning but I find it very interesting, and interestingeting for me is fun.

If you keep changing things like this and you keep nerfing everything you are going toose the whole idea of the rework. 

Every week you take somthing away it proves the haters right that you dont want CV around and you dont want to many playing them. 

The reworked cv are great but you need to give them some love (Sipan) and not have a "fix" for a long time.

WG just played another game with Fighter wth is the point in having them????? 3 sec to fire wth is your problem!!!! Why did you even do the rework!!!!!!!!

Edited by jags_domain
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,230 posts
19,246 battles

I think the problem with carriers is it really fine line to keep them tuned in

With the other classes ships are good in spots and weak in others, aircraft carriers pretty much can do everything

So trying to balance them versus the other ships basically makes them  OP because If you want them to be able to do good against everybody that's better then the rest of the classes can do, because the other classes have a weakness against their strength

So what is the carriers weakness?

It doesn't have any 

And so how do you balance that versus every other ship in the game it's an impossible task

WG is trying to nerf them here and buff them there, but they're not going to be successful Trying to make them balance versus the other ships you could balance them against one class may be two but not all of them 

I don't want carriers to be so crapy that nobody wants to play them, so you need got to make them good to play

And if you're gonna do that you need to limit them to one per side,  Otherwise having multiple powerful units is too powerful and not fun for the rest

And if you're gonna limit them in the game trying to get a balance versus one in the unicom hands versus a potato that's never gonna happen either

It's a tough nut to crack WG

How long are you gonna make all of us suffer with your Beta test?

Its going to take awhile

This shouldn't be done in game you should took this and compensated the testers to get it right before you released it  However long it took

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,637 battles

What makes you think Enterprise is ready to be put back up for sale - don't the premium CVs need to get back their mojo first?

The only sale I can imagine atm is a clearance sale!

Edit: Now, for some reason I want one … must come with Captain Kirk and space camo though for April Fool's Event

WG should pay me for these marketing gems :)

Edited by Commander_367
Error

[SOV]
Members
4,402 posts
19 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I think the problem with carriers is it really fine line to keep them tuned in

With the other classes ships are good in spots and weak in others, aircraft carriers pretty much can do everything

So trying to balance them versus the other ships basically makes them  OP because If you want them to be able to do good against everybody that's better then the rest of the classes can do, because the other classes have a weakness against their strength

It doesn't have any 

And so how do you balance that versus every other ship in the game it's an impossible task

WG is trying to nerf them here and buff them there, but they're not going to be successful Trying to make them balance versus the other ships you could balance them against one class may be two but not all of them 

I don't want carriers to be so crapy that nobody wants to play them, so you need got to make them good to play

And if you're gonna do that you need to limit them to one per side,  Otherwise having multiple powerful units is too powerful and not fun for the rest

And if you're gonna limit them in the game trying to get a balance versus one in the unicom hands versus a potato that's never gonna happen either

It's a tough nut to crack WG

How long are you gonna make all of us suffer with your Beta test?

Its going to take awhile

This shouldn't be done in game you should took this and compensated the testers to get it right before you released it  However long it took

What buffs?

You cant make a game balanced by the one or 2 people that are that good. Uncum players can worth with the sec on the Henry and do fine.

They have to blanace for the person that plays 2 hours a day. Right now 3 sec of rockets there is no point to even having them.

But thanks for not saying hey need to go bit limiting to one is not fair at all to the CV players.

[SOV]
Members
4,402 posts
21 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

What makes you think Enterprise is ready to be put back up for sale - don't the premium CVs need to get back their mojo first?

The only sale I can imagine atm is a clearance sale!

Edit: Now, for some reason I want one … must come with Captain Kirk and space camo though for April Fool's Event

WG should pay me for these marketing gems :)

lol!!!! That would be great. Can you Imagian trying to get that licence!

Enterprise just got buffs. I just dont know if it will be worth it.

I am ready to pay but they keep messing everyting up.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,637 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

lol!!!! That would be great. Can you Imagian trying to get that licence!

Enterprise just got buffs. I just dont know if it will be worth it.

I am ready to pay but they keep messing everyting up.

This is Wows Gold WG - are you listening to THIS? ^

How to turn Crap into Gold - no alchemy required 

Can't believe I'm saying this … 

Give people what they want 101

Edited by Commander_367

[WO0KY]
Members
4,112 posts
3,195 battles
17 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

It doesn't have any 

Really? Let's start with you can see it from orbit and a pig wallows more gracefully than it handles

Then the fact you haven't any guns you can fire if threatened

Then let's talk about how once your deplaned you're through

Throw in there are ships like Mino you don't even give a cross look

At liw tiers there's not a single ship you can beat 1v1 except another CV. Can't speak for high tiers, not there

I was in a game yesterday when a Texas and an ARP BB did a flanking maneuver. I could see it coming, I knew what it would do. There was nothing I could do. No strat. If I attacked at all would have lost all my planes.

So don't tell me they have no weakness

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,230 posts
19,246 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

Really? Let's start with you can see it from orbit and a pig wallows more gracefully than it handles

Then let's talk about how once your deplaned you're through

Throw in there are ships like Mino you don't even give a cross look

At liw tiers there's not a single ship you can beat 1v1 except another CV. Can't speak for high tiers, not there

I was in a game yesterday when a Texas and an ARP BB did a flanking maneuver. I could see it coming, I knew what it would do. There was nothing I could do. No strat. If I attacked at all would have lost all my planes.

So don't tell me they have no weakness

I'm sorry I should have stated That a real Carrier doesn't have a weakness against surface ships it wins all the time

yet they're trying to balance that with all the ships in the game?

good luck

It's an impossible task without  Changing the entire game for every ship because there's way too many imbalances out there to  make it playable with everybody

Or it's an incredibly hard task they should of went slower they should have a MM +1 - 1 they should of limited to one Carrier perside and maybe let that played out the 1st week or 2 before changing everything at once

Its going to be a long road to get this worked out

And how many of us have a patience to do that

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
45 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

CV rework everyone was trying them, players played against them for maybe the first time. CV was never OP it was new.  Hit fix 1 week in was an AA disaster or planes. No plane could make one run.

Hit fix 2 one week later and it seemed pretty good. AA was good but not great save a few stupid high over the top ships, no ship should be invulnerable to another ship. Looking at you Mino and Worchester!

Another "fix" 2 weeks later? This one takes spoting and dot damage from the cv! 

WG you told us the CV was to do low alfph and have dot damage. So you have very low torp damage that you just made worse and made the flood damage very low. Take spotting away and  now crusier shoot before we see them. And you cant even see DD now. So the CV cant stealth Toro becaise of "fairness" cant spot because of "fairness" what are we suppose too do?

3 "fix" in one month??????? How are we suppose to know what the CV does when what you told us it did your nerfing in the ground? 

I would like to buy the Enterprise when it comes back out, but why at this point when you keep nerfing everything.

Eather bring alpha very high, because you cant get more than 1 strike at a time. Or bring up the flood chance.

Revert back to the last "fix" because it seemed fair.

And above all dont do anything else!!! Let it sit for a bit and get real numbers and stop listing to one section of the player base!!!!

And before someone starts talking about "unlimited" planes go what LWM post about it.

Edit: I have played nothjng but cv sents it came out. It was very frustrating in the beginning but I find it very interesting, and interestingeting for me is fun.

If you keep changing things like this and you keep nerfing everything you are going toose the whole idea of the rework. 

Every week you take somthing away it proves the haters right that you dont want CV around and you dont want to many playing them. 

The reworked cv are great but you need to give them some love (Sipan) and not have a "fix" for a long time.

WG just played another game with Fighter wth is the point in having them????? 3 sec to fire wth is your problem!!!! Why did you even do the rework!!!!!!!!

Unless WG delays 8.1, this Wednesday, Feb 27th, patch 8.1 will drop.

P.S. the next Stage of Fly! Strike! Win! will start Thursday, Feb 28th if the patch drops on the 27th.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
777 posts
9,461 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Graf Zeppelin disagrees with you.

Actually, something I wanted buffed were Lexington's secondary guns, and I think they did. Three destroyers tried to snipe me, and I killed one with my dive bombers, severely damaged a second until it ran away, and the third, which was Russian, closed in to use its torpedoes, and my secondaries killed it. It was pretty cool!

[WO0KY]
Members
4,112 posts
3,195 battles
Just now, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Graf Zeppelin disagrees with you.

Actually, something I wanted buffed were Lexington's secondary guns, and I think they did. Three destroyers tried to snipe me, and I killed one with my dive bombers, severely damaged a second until it ran away, and the third, which was Russian, closed in to use its torpedoes, and my secondaries killed it. It was pretty cool!

I'm still low level, my secondaries are like afterthoughts. Oh, if only my bombs landed.

[SOV]
Members
4,402 posts
25 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I'm sorry I should have stated That a real Carrier doesn't have a weakness against surface ships it wins all the time

yet they're trying to balance that with all the ships in the game?

good luck

It's an impossible task without  Changing the entire game for every ship because there's way too many imbalances out there to  make it playable with everybody

Or it's an incredibly hard task they should of went slower they should have a MM +1 - 1 they should of limited to one Carrier perside and maybe let that played out the 1st week or 2 before changing everything at once

Its going to be a long road to get this worked out

And how many of us have a patience to do that

So you thinknits good that a ship cannot defend its self?

[K0]
Members
1,754 posts
7,888 battles

Frequent tweaks to a newly developed system are fine. But "tweaks" are what they should be, adjustments. WG's brought out the jackhammers and is pounding the game with multiple changes in rapid succession.

Hak's one specific torpedo bomber OP? BAM! BAM! BAM! Let's nerf the other Japanese TBs for good measure.

Rockets hitting DDs too much? BAM! BAM! BAM! We're bringing back stealth AA too.

Two weeks from now, they'll triple nerf dive bombers.

Edited by Flashtirade

[SOV]
Members
4,402 posts
52 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Do you have any idea how balancing works? It requires frequent tweaking.

This is not tweaking. Thisnis sledge hammer. It so called weak aa then its op aa now it stealth aa crusiers and fighters that are pointless.

[HINON]
Members
12,851 posts
11 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

This is not tweaking. Thisnis sledge hammer. It so called weak aa then its op aa now it stealth aa crusiers and fighters that are pointless.

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,099 posts
18,104 battles
51 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

WG's brought out the jackhammers and is pounding the game with multiple changes in rapid succession.

10 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

This is not tweaking. Thisnis sledge hammer.

The size of a tweak should be proportional to the size of the problem. Some of them were very big and deserved to be sledgehammered.

Members
5,128 posts
9,482 battles

It was well known that they were going to do some tweaking with at least 2-3 hot patches in the first month so none of this should be a surprise.  They have far better data than anyone else as to how things are working.