Annekynn

Can we get bots to stop ramming each other head on?

23 comments in this topic

[DRACS]
Members
12 posts
5,220 battles

All too often the bots will simply smash into each other head on, not as an accident or desperate tactic but as an opening attack. They seem to lack any collision avoidance.

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
8,592 posts
7,006 battles

The interbotanal relationships are not for humans to understand. 

Grudges are stored in non-volatile memory.

• Funny 3

[A-O]
Members
899 posts
9,556 battles
40 minutes ago, Annekynn said:

All too often the bots will simply smash into each other head on, not as an accident or desperate tactic but as an opening attack. They seem to lack any collision avoidance.

As long as those are red bots I do not mind.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
4 minutes ago, freggo said:

As long as those are red bots I do not mind.

Problem is they are green to red most of the time.

Members
2,756 posts
14,818 battles

The bots are up to something. I've been watching them. They're up to something.

[RLGN]
Members
13,517 posts
23,581 battles

Just one more problem that could perhaps have been dealt with with all the resources that were spent on the carrier rework instead...

• Cool 1

[SAVAG]
Members
926 posts

It's called the wows bot conspiracy . There was a new bot algorithim installed three or four months ago but alit of people went ape crazy about it. And WG took it off. .I wish they had left it . It was a cool addition . The very first time I saw it. A bit DD actually smoke up and stopped in it making it just that more challenging .

• Cool 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,915 battles

Ramming needs to be reverted to what it was a year ago. Damage over time with the possibility of flooding, not instant death.

• Cool 1

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Yeah it wouldn't be as big a deal if green bot xp was shared with the human players but as it is it's just credits and/xp flushed down the drain.

Members
1,933 posts
8,915 battles
On 2/21/2019 at 9:31 PM, Krupp_Sabot said:

Yeah it wouldn't be as big a deal if green bot xp was shared with the human players but as it is it's just credits and/xp flushed down the drain.

Increasing the co-op MM timer to one minute would largely resolve the issue of bot v bot combat.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,816 posts
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Just one more problem that could perhaps have been dealt with with all the resources that were spent on the carrier rework instead...

Yeap, there's a whole list of things that would have each taken a tiny fraction of the rework's "budget" to fix.

But for WG, fixing what's broken is less important than breaking what isn't.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,716 battles

nah...let them commit shippuku!  its really funny to watch...lol :Smile_veryhappy: that will weed out the suicidal bots...and leave the more serious ones on the field to deal with.  

Members
1,933 posts
8,915 battles
8 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

nah...let them commit shippuku!  its really funny to watch...lol :Smile_veryhappy: that will weed out the suicidal bots...and leave the more serious ones on the field to deal with.  

The point of the game is for players to have something to do, not for the server to play with itself. That's a waste of resources. For an 8-man match there's no reason the MM timer couldn't be extended another 30 seconds to guarantee no bots on the player team. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,716 battles
10 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

The point of the game is for players to have something to do, not for the server to play with itself. That's a waste of resources. For an 8-man match there's no reason the MM timer couldn't be extended another 30 seconds to guarantee no bots on the player team. 

many a matches i've played...where there were often one or two humans ....or just my self....when they kill themselves that leave with one less worry...and to deal with the bots that will or capable of killing you instantly.  

i love those game that i'm the only human....basically it the DD bots that ram themselves to death.  if so happens they are face of in the same place.  if they dont the they live to kill something else without ramming.  one human and 15 bots...hahaha...bots wont support you when you need help...remember that...that another challenge.  

[VOP]
Members
519 posts

Actually, I would prefer if the human idiot in his almost full health Bismark didn't ram the bot Bismark that had only 1200hp left (and both died) while a half dead bot NC was lurking on the other side of the map.  Told him we would lose if he did, but he still did it. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,915 battles
21 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Actually, I would prefer if the human idiot in his almost full health Bismark didn't ram the bot Bismark that had only 1200hp left (and both died) while a half dead bot NC was lurking on the other side of the map.  Told him we would lose if he did, but he still did it. 

When ships are ramming the lowest health should be the maximum damage that can be done. 

Though I do occasionally have fun ramming in the high tier Brit BBs. With the flag and their zombie heal they can get two ram kills and still survive. 

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
11,799 battles
On 2/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, Gen_Saris said:

Increasing the co-op MM timer to one minute would largely resolve the issue of bot v bot combat.

Sure, but a lot of people are only here for the hot bot-on-bot action :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[VOP]
Members
519 posts
On 3/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, Gen_Saris said:

When ships are ramming the lowest health should be the maximum damage that can be done. 

Though I do occasionally have fun ramming in the high tier Brit BBs. With the flag and their zombie heal they can get two ram kills and still survive. 

Well, should be, but it didn't work that way since the 1200hp Bismark took the healthy one with it.

[-POI-]
Members
95 posts
4,666 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 4:21 PM, Airjellyfish said:

I had the same kind of thing happen last night. A match with more bots than humans and a nearly full health Salem player had to ram a low hp BB killing them both despite friendly BBs in the area inches from finishing it off. The Salem player would have been worth a lot more alive, we ended up losing the match. I feel like I'm seeing more of this suicide ramming early in matches. Sorry I just wanted to vent a little, it was very frustrating with our team being made up of mostly worthless bots. 

[STW-M]
Members
302 posts
8,753 battles

In the beginning of the game I make it a point to kill the Red bots before they are rammed, leaving the Green bot somewhat confused but still alive to do damage someplace else. Or just wander around aimlessly until it sees another target. Often though the Green bots get even with me by not dodging my torpedos (aka Another Target!) and thumb their noses at me as they sink to the bottom to form new coral reefs. Ever the environmentalists, they are probably vegans also.

Edited by Taramada

[-AVA-]
Members
189 posts
9,632 battles
On 4/14/2019 at 10:37 PM, KilljoyCutter said:

Red on green ramming (and red on red) should just result in the same minor damage as green on green ramming.

I wholeheartedly concur. I have seen an uptick on the number of battles where a friendly BB will basically yolo just to ram its red counterpart. In nearly 8500 PvE battles I have less than 150 kills by ramming, and probably half of them have not even been intentional. I have seen several players with half the number of battles and 10 times the number of ram kills so obviously it is part of their arsenal. . .cheesy way to get cheap damage and can't say I'm all that impressed, especially when it's in a premium ship. Just not the way the game should be played IMO.

• Cool 1