Admiral_Of_The_Fleet

POI POI ♥The Official Poi Thread♥

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

878 posts in this topic

poi counter needed.

That is so incredibly annoying. I was already annoyed at them for spamming "poi" in the chat and during the Musashi shipwreck exploration livestream, and now that I know it's from some horrendously annoying anime thing...

horrendously annoying anime thing...

Flash IJN ship collection game turned anime and manga and light novels. 2.5mil+ players and counting. Edited by Miyanaga_Saki

Whines about people posting 'poi'. Suggests they grow up. OP, might I suggest the very same to you, if someone posting 'poi' is enough to send you raging and fuming, posting on the forum.

OP is hardly fuming or raging, hes wondering where the useless chatter is coming from and wants it to just go away (like many other players).

im a big simpsons fan, but i dont feel compelled to flood chat with quotes every match in the way some of the obsessive anime/manga fans do. its annoying as hell and interrupts team communication which is hard enough already even when 3/4 of the chat window isnt anime related callouts.

OP is hardly fuming or raging, hes wondering where the useless chatter is coming from and wants it to just go away (like many other players).

im a big simpsons fan, but i dont feel compelled to flood chat with quotes every match in the way some of the obsessive anime/manga fans do. its annoying as hell and interrupts team communication which is hard enough already even when 3/4 of the chat window isnt anime related callouts.

Chat window is filled with useless banter. For any serious coordination, you need to use teamspeak.

Chat window is filled with useless banter. For any serious coordination, you need to use teamspeak.

true, but you still need to communicate with players not on your channel...i have nothing against anime fans or any other groups interests as long as its not hateful, but several matches last night the chat was just filled with this. not a quick callout at the start of the game, it was constant and repetitive through these games making it completely impossible to communicate.

true, but you still need to communicate with players not on your channel...i have nothing against anime fans or any other groups interests as long as its not hateful, but several matches last night the chat was just filled with this. not a quick callout at the start of the game, it was constant and repetitive through these games making it completely impossible to communicate.

It starting to sound less like fans and more like kids copying something they're seeing without understanding anything about it. 

That, or you have found yourself teams of trolls.

i dont know either, its about as annoying as the chat rage ive seen too.

if you like anime, great, no one cares. stop obsessing and just play...there is another thread about this, basically we need a chat filter ASAP. its hard to communicate as it is with all the useless chatter to have this repeated line after line.

You're are the greatest comedian ever...

You absolutely believe there is at all teamwork and team play in public matches in any war gaming game. Yeah, there might be that few games but those hardly ever come by. Most people have chat turned off in WoT. Even in my time as Alpha and Closed beta, I hardly ever seen any team communication going on.

Edited by AuraDesru

Whines about people posting 'poi'. Suggests they grow up. OP, might I suggest the very same to you, if someone posting 'poi' is enough to send you raging and fuming, posting on the forum.

I only made a post about why is this mentioned, I am not raging or fuming or even whining.

It's a justified post as I was intrigued by what is the meaning of this word, being pointless or childish it might be, can one not ask why ?

it has no relevance to the game.

PS:@Lert... 

I did not know you was a qualified doctor

You asked me to not be rude. This thread shows exactly why you're not worth any courtesy.

You asked me to not be rude. This thread shows exactly why you're not worth any courtesy.

You cannot escape or even fight the POI.

You can only surrender and embrace it.

Resistance is Futile.

New Alpha slang term:

Poi -- the anime word that triggers betas into rage mode, poi.

fixed that for you.:P

I thought Poi meant "I hope I die in a fire for annoying people" no?  It needs to be removed from chat, it's spammed like crazy at times.

I thought Poi meant "I hope I die in a fire for annoying people" no?  It needs to be removed from chat, it's spammed like crazy at times.

If this term is removed, then people will spam xopowo.

How about we remove grumpy people first?

How about we remove grumpy people first?

WHAT? but everyone loves Lert we cant do that!:amazed: he's the grumpiest cat I know besides well, grumpy cat.:sceptic: Edited by BladedPheonix

Three pages long and yes some of you spammed the post and not giving me the answer or anyone else who wanted to know why come to think of it.

Thanks to those that did thou, I fully understand what POI POI now means.

I think I will stick with Poor Obfuscation Implementation it sounds better

Whats with all this POI POI at the start of the game? it has no relevance to the game, so I suppose it didn't take long for people to spoil the chat window then.

GROW UP KIDDIES PLEASE

"  Then I guess not as this is the internet  "

Three pages long and yes some of you spammed the post and not giving me the answer or anyone else who wanted to know why come to think of it.

I think the first quote sums up the reason you got "spammed"      You could have just asked, instead you choose to complain about it and tell them they need to grow up.

I'll show you the nightmare of Solomon, POI, that is.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Although not the same, you could always handle it like when playing WoT and someone whines about dying too soon and the team is utter garbage and whatnot. You can't play any MMO if you can't even accept people nodding to each other and recognizing each other as a fellow TeitokuTM.

So please, chillax:)

I assume people who tell people ti stop having fun have never played WoT or any other MMO before. Ignore chat.

I have no problem with people watching that stuff or saying Poi all over the place, but I just don't get it............. maybe I am just to old.

As far as I know, it is Kancolle stuff... I really have no idea other than that

MAQ909l.png

Edited by Fog_Cruiser_Maya