Shigure_DD

Girly Air Force

12 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,717 posts
9,464 battles

We have are own anime area so it can use more threads lol...

I know its been on for a few weeks but now but the show is pretty much ARP mixed with kancolle/AL. Atlest is isnt strike witches with its no pants thing :crab:

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
786 posts
4,542 battles

To be fair they're not wearing pants in that clip.

That's shorts and skirts. :Smile-_tongue:

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,116 posts
5,035 battles

I watched the first episode and this was my general reaction:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Then I watched the other anime airplane thing running this season: Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai, later that same day. Thus the fate of Girly Air Force (stupid name imho) was sealed as far as my anime viewing free time was concerned. The difference was night and day, or one that more resembles the difference between a large steak and cow dung. Kotobuki was the steak and had far more personality displayed in the first 3 minutes than Girly Air Forced managed in its entire first episode with it's bland generic characters.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,956 posts
9,240 battles

The designs remind me of the arp stuff in game (never watched/saw it), the way they control things and other elements of the look remind me of what I've seen of Macross Frontier. 

And kinda weird aircraft choices I think. I mean, the F-15 makes sense, as Mitsubishi license builds them for the JASDF, but the F-4 and the one that I can't fully ID but closest I find is the JAS 39 gripen, kinda scratching my head. 

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,116 posts
5,035 battles
21 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

and the one that I can't fully ID but closest I find is the JAS 39 gripen

You are correct. She/It's a SAAB Gripen.

[SLFF]
Members
61 posts
33,038 battles

Speaking of planes, anyone else notice the Beriev MBR-2 seaplanes on the Archipelago map?

Edited by LiskaBystrouska
typo
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I watched the first episode and this was my general reaction:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Then I watched the other anime airplane thing running this season: Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai, later that same day. Thus the fate of Girly Air Force (stupid name imho) was sealed as far as my anime viewing free time was concerned. The difference was night and day, or one that more resembles the difference between a large steak and cow dung. Kotobuki was the steak and had far more personality displayed in the first 3 minutes than Girly Air Forced managed in its entire first episode with it's bland generic characters.

Oh, it's not so bad. I'm watching both, and while it's true that Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai is far more enjoyable, Girly Air Force is also somewhat interesting. I don't find GAF to be that bad enough to drop & stop watching instantly. Of course, it's all subjective so I don't blame you for not liking it, but I say it's not as terrible as you make it out to be.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,144 posts

When she first popped out of the cockpit and kissed the MC, I said to my friend "Wait, are we watching Darling in the Franxx?"
I lost interest pretty quick, the only part I found interesting was that main character and his GF being Chinese, it's an interesting change

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
14 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

When she first popped out of the cockpit and kissed the MC, I said to my friend "Wait, are we watching Darling in the Franxx?"
I lost interest pretty quick, the only part I found interesting was that main character and his GF being Chinese, it's an interesting change

MC is actually Japanese. A bit of spoilers:

Spoiler

His mom got work in China as a flight instructor or something, and took her son with her, years prior to the event shown in first episode.

Too bad his GF has such a tiny role, as the show goes along.

Beta Testers
9,510 posts

They modeled the Type 054A frigate nicely in the first episode, plus some J-7D, which in real life has long been retired.  Even modeled the AAM-5.

However they modeled the wrong missile coming out from the 054A's VLS.  Instead of the HQ-16 SAMs, the show modeled the YU-8 ASROC and launched it like a SAM.

Look how similar that scene is to this real picture.  Except for the missiles which they picked the wrong one.

OZllpio.jpg

j56uiHa.jpg

Edited by Eisennagel

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
22 minutes ago, Eisennagel said:

snip

You must have an eagle's vision, or something, lol. How do you catch those?

Beta Testers
9,510 posts

Oh they were not hard to catch.   These were in the opening scenes where the MC and her girlfriend are fleeing China on a convoy to Japan.