You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Alot of Tension out there now.

122 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
782 posts
15,656 battles

Have any of you felt this way while playing lately? I condemened the fisrt patch quick, Then after ttrying to adapt and learn, started enjoying the game again. But now, after the 2nd patch something seems very different to me out there. Dealing out damage seems to be more difficult most of the time. The game feels tense and their is alot of frustration in char not to mention abuse. Players now lay back and don't work as a team. Very few times have I seen a DD get support in a cap anymore. And when CV's are in game, Capping is getting rare as Most want to stay away and watch the few team mates who try get blown to hell. I am grinding a Tashkent and have actualy capped 3 times is the last 3 games with her because no one else would try. Twice though soon after capping I was illuminated with radar and quickly sunk. Like I said, It jst feels very tense out there now. Anyone have same issue/feeling?

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
1,618 posts
13,955 battles

My guess would be that a lot of skilled players are gone and now you have more spuds to play with/against.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[PSV]
Members
332 posts
8,996 battles

They have changed the game so much that it feels like a different game now.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,282 posts
12,700 battles
5 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

My guess would be that a lot of skilled players are gone and now you have more spuds to play with/against.

Some Skilled players will be greatly concerned over their stats and will wait a little while, and only the bravest of the skilled players are playing which actually is great way to sneak your stats higher. Although I am seeing good amount of skilled players and a lot less whining in battles. People are being forced to work more like a team to survive air attacks and if more than 1 CV per team the CVs must cover each other or else they have a DD sneak up to sink them.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[YARRR]
Members
659 posts
5,375 battles

The game is different, but I think most of the tension is here on the forum, and the vast majority of it is totally uncalled for.

Yes we should express our feelings, impressions, wants, etc, for the game here, but I really am getting tired of the juvenile "I'm closing my wallet, I'm not playing anymore, you nerfed X, you buffed Y, Russian bias, clueless devs, posts.

Express yourselves in an adult manner, and give proper suggestions for fixing things.  Note:  "I'm taking my ball and running away" is not a proper response.

• Cool 11

[TIGRB]
Members
782 posts
15,656 battles

Sorry, I dont see players work as a team as of late and a big Majority of the games are roll vers now. Not competitive at all. I have been on some very very bad teams the last few days.

• Cool 1

[PHASE]
Members
5,788 posts
18,794 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Some Skilled players will be greatly concerned over their stats and will wait a little while, and only the bravest of the skilled players are playing which actually is great way to sneak your stats higher. Although I am seeing good amount of skilled players and a lot less whining in battles. People are being forced to work more like a team to survive air attacks and if more than 1 CV per team the CVs must cover each other or else they have a DD sneak up to sink them.

200 losses in a row won't make better players wr's drop more than .2%

That is the least of their concern. They are concerned about the money they have spent, and what the game is now.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,282 posts
12,700 battles
1 minute ago, GSXstage1 said:

Sorry, I dont see players work as a team as of late and a big Majority of the games are roll vers now. Not competitive at all. I have been on some very very bad teams the last few days.

Must be time of day then or the ships your using. I have been playing mornings and mid day, and using a lot of high tier DDs and BBs.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,838 posts
10,152 battles
Just now, GSXstage1 said:

I'm not really seeing that I'm hearing it all over the forum but I have had some really good teams lately and some stinkers same as always . As a matter of fact I'm seeing a lot less CV play already and DDs coming back .

[PHASE]
Members
5,788 posts
18,794 battles
2 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

The game is different, but I think most of the tension is here on the forum, and the vast majority of it is totally uncalled for.

Yes we should express our feelings, impressions, wants, etc, for the game here, but I really am getting tired of the juvenile "I'm closing my wallet, I'm not playing anymore, you nerfed X, you buffed Y, Russian bias, clueless devs, posts.

Express yourselves in an adult manner, and give proper suggestions for fixing things.  Note:  "I'm taking my ball and running away" is not a proper response.

The same people that have closed their wallet have done what you suggest for two years. Myself included.

[TIGRB]
Members
782 posts
15,656 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Must be time of day then or the ships your using. I have been playing mornings and mid day, and using a lot of high tier DDs and BBs.

I work during the day. Have to play at night and on weekends only.

Members
1,123 posts
2,117 battles
4 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

Actually, it kind of is a proper response.  If suggestions are made, and ignored, then players can either continue to play a game they don't like, or take their ball and go home.

An improper response would be "I hate the changes to the game, fix it" and then not offering any suggestions. 

Telling the devs the planned changes are bad, laying out how to make better changes, and then leaving when the player advice is ignored is perfectly adult.  Why play something you don't enjoy?

• Cool 3

[PHASE]
Members
5,788 posts
18,794 battles
14 minutes ago, lipiru said:

They have changed the game so much that it feels like a different game now.

But the weird part is, it feels so different, there is very little desire to try to adapt.

Edited by Sweetsie
  • Cool 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,625 battles
17 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Likely this. Many players taking a break while the game essentially goes back into beta to test a largely unwanted major change. 

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
11,282 posts
12,700 battles
6 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I work during the day. Have to play at night and on weekends only.

Lol by morning I often mean 4 or 5 AM :Smile_veryhappy:

Getting up early is not something that many of the bad players enjoy doing, so the player quality tends to be higher.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,142 posts
10,011 battles
12 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

So, you think I should continue to give them money to support what they're doing, even when I dislike what they're doing? In what universe does that seem like a good idea?

• Cool 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,625 battles
5 minutes ago, ruar said:

Actually, it kind of is a proper response.  If suggestions are made, and ignored, then players can either continue to play a game they don't like, or take their ball and go home.

We tried to tell them they couldn't force people to do something they didn't want to do. Unfortunately they didn't listen and went right on with their plans. A developer that is deaf to the cries of their players won't have players for long. Seen it happen to a LOT of MMOs over the past 20 years. 

Members
1,123 posts
2,117 battles
3 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

But the weird part is, it feels so different, there is very little desire to try to adapt.

It's like playing basketball and then all of a sudden the referees change the court into a roller derby rink but still having the basketball goals on each end.  You showed up for one thing but now it's completely different.  It's no longer about adapting but rather accepting almost an entirely new game.

• Cool 4

[YORHA]
Members
4,664 posts
9,059 battles
7 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

200 losses in a row won't make better players wr's drop more than .2%

That is the least of their concern. They are concerned about the money they have spent, and what the game is now.

Really?

Let's take a hypothetical player with say...  12,315 battles and a win rate of 52.21%

That mean 6430 wins and 5885 losses.

Add 200 losses in a row.

6430 wins and 7885 loses.

From where I sit that drops your win rate to 44.92% which sure as heck more than -.2%.  More like -14%

• Funny 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,838 posts
10,152 battles
4 minutes ago, ruar said:

Telling the devs the planned changes are bad, laying out how to make better changes, and then leaving when the player advice is ignored is perfectly adult.  Why play something you don't enjoy?

So they are supposed to implement ever players advice otherwise they are leaving that's perfectly adult . You are right if you don't like the game don't play it .

[PHASE]
Members
5,788 posts
18,794 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

Really?

Let's take a hypothetical player with say...  12,315 battles and a win rate of 52.21%

Add 200 losses in a row.

From where I sit that drops your win rate to 44.92% which sure as heck more than -.2%.  More like -14%

200 is not 2000. head back to 4th grade and try harder.

L M A O

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FFLY]
Members
104 posts
9,380 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Really?

Add 200 losses in a row.

You're showing the math for 2000 losses, not 200.

Members
2,855 posts
6,531 battles
16 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

The solution for you is, stay out of those threads. What you perceive as whining is someone else’s valid complaint, and vice versa. And none of us should be on the business of trying to Shame or deny other players opinions. 

• Cool 3

Members
1,123 posts
2,117 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

So they are supposed to implement ever players advice otherwise they are leaving that's perfectly adult . You are right if you don't like the game don't play it .

It's a risk they take.  Currently it's causing the numbers to drop.  Time will tell if the numbers come back up or not.

You can try to turn this into an extreme by saying "take every players advice" or you can recognize the reality of listening when the bulk of the players are pointing out the same issues and then those issues are ignored.  

• Cool 1